radius website says HP-TWF21 is ready
Mar 11, 2011 at 6:21 PM Post #77 of 128
I can get you a head start.

Fit, comfort, isolation MD>DDM2.

I hope not I was really hoping they would improve on fit and isolation.

Mar 11, 2011 at 8:11 PM Post #78 of 128
Well, [size=medium][size=medium]Dimitri's office is in Tokyo and I hope they are alright over there, but foreseeable the launch of DDM2 will be affected by such a large [/size][/size]quake since everything is shutdown now.

Mar 11, 2011 at 8:24 PM Post #79 of 128

Quote:
Well, [size=medium][size=medium]Dimitri's office is in Tokyo and I hope they are alright over there, but foreseeable the launch of DDM2 will be affected by such a large [/size][/size]quake since everything is shutdown now.

Yeah the tsunami is very unfortunate. I certainly wouldn't mind a delay as long as they get everything straight their first.

BTW I love your avatar. Tachikoma's rock. I'm currently watching Ghost in the Shell right now.

Mar 11, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #80 of 128
Just got an email from [size=medium][size=medium]Dimitri saying he is alright over there as the office is located more inland (west side of Tokyo)[/size][/size] though the quake does make a mess at the office. He is however planning to have the DDM2 in stock as scheduled.

Mar 18, 2011 at 1:17 PM Post #84 of 128
Had a brief listening to these. The fit and isolation (latter only slightly) is better but it's the same cable and the build seems to resemble the first. In terms of sound they are more balanced but it's still overall a very similar signature. The treble is more present and doesn't sound as recessed, the mids seem to be about the same quality while the bass seemed to have a bit more refinement. The signature doesn't sound that strange in it's presentation anymore it seemed, unlike the DDM which can sound very off at times. 

Mar 18, 2011 at 1:26 PM Post #85 of 128

Quote:
Had a brief listening to these. The fit and isolation (latter only slightly) is better but it's the same cable and the build seems to resemble the first. In terms of sound they are more balanced but it's still overall a very similar signature. The treble is more present and doesn't sound as recessed, the mids seem to be about the same quality while the bass seemed to have a bit more refinement. The signature doesn't sound that strange in it's presentation anymore it seemed, unlike the DDM which can sound very off at times. 

So the mids are still grainy?

Mar 18, 2011 at 2:23 PM Post #86 of 128
I sent an email to Dimitri..
Shortly he says that TWF21 launched in Japan today..
He expects to get the headphones tomorrow and wants to send the first batch on monday..

Mar 18, 2011 at 10:17 PM Post #87 of 128
I get the feeling from early observations from ppl that the DDM2 is just the DDM in different housings with tuned drivers to get the balance right. Hmm, thats a bit sad as it means the sound quality will probably be about the same. Would have been nice if there was a driver upgrade or cable upgrade at least. I was tossing up between these DDM2, Fischer DBA2, Brainwavs B2, AT CK10, Monster Turbine Copper, Westone 2 and I hope my decision to go DDM2 was right, it just feels like $250 was too much for these, paying $100 bucks more than original DDM and not really getting anything new. 

Mar 19, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #88 of 128

Quote:
I get the feeling from early observations from ppl that the DDM2 is just the DDM in different housings with tuned drivers to get the balance right. Hmm, thats a bit sad as it means the sound quality will probably be about the same. Would have been nice if there was a driver upgrade or cable upgrade at least. I was tossing up between these DDM2, Fischer DBA2, Brainwavs B2, AT CK10, Monster Turbine Copper, Westone 2 and I hope my decision to go DDM2 was right, it just feels like $250 was too much for these, paying $100 bucks more than original DDM and not really getting anything new. 

Looks like Cables  are identical to the DDM #1 (Dimitri's comments: "Apparently in Japan audiophiles regard highly the like Nylon-cloth cables.")
as well as the drivers/transducers. It would be crazy if Radius would have come up with a new driver for the DDM2..

Yes, there is some  risk involved by purchasing a new model of IEMs without having any idea what it will end up sounding/fitting like. Just hope for the best!

Mar 19, 2011 at 1:39 PM Post #89 of 128

Honestly didn't have enough time to conclude that. Overall though, it's a very similar signature to the TWF11 like the EQ7 to the EQ5 (fwir). 
Quote:
So the mids are still grainy?

Mar 23, 2011 at 5:28 PM Post #90 of 128
anyone hear from dimitri? didn't he say he would ship on the monday that just passed? as he hasn't emailed me with shipping confirmation, i hope this isn't due to more delays of ddm2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back