Radius HP-TWF11r Review and Impressions thread
Feb 9, 2011 at 12:33 AM Post #841 of 864

Quote:
For my 300th post on Head-Fi, I'd just like to sum up my opinion of the Radius DDM:

Best value IEM on the market.

I'm a huge fan, and probably like them more than the average IEM user will do purely because they fit me so well, and I like the signature. My pair doggedly perform day after day, on buses, trains, and planes, and please me endlessly. "Fatigue" just isn't a word they understand. They've also, remarkably, seen off challenges from pairs of FX-700, UM3X, RE-262 and CK-100 to remain my daily go-to pair, despite the disparity in price and reputation.

If you twisted my arm and forced me to list a minus, it would be a very slight wooliness in the bass, and a suspicion that said bass doesn't descend to the very deepest depths. Throw them a decent recording however, and you won't be complaining. Throw them a 24 bit vinyl rip from the HM-602 and you'll forget you're wearing headphones altogether. No other universal IEM that I've heard can compete in terms of musicality, instrument separation, or involvement.

Yes, I like them

Well spoken, X1
Same with me, DDMs remain my favorite Dynamic phones next to FX700. Definitely best bang for the buck IEMs in the Market.

Sadly DDM have been long forgotten here on Headfi.. It is been ages since I encountered a comment on DDMs in the threads on Headfi....
Where are you, DDM lovers....?
mad.gif

Feb 9, 2011 at 2:38 AM Post #842 of 864
All laying low and waiting for the next DDMs? Heh...

But honestly, most of my time now is spent with the SM3's. Not to say the DDM's are bad; they still have a beautiful emotion to the sound. But the SM3 is a technical marvel to me..

Feb 9, 2011 at 8:12 AM Post #843 of 864

Quote:
All laying low and waiting for the next DDMs? Heh...

But honestly, most of my time now is spent with the SM3's. Not to say the DDM's are bad; they still have a beautiful emotion to the sound. But the SM3 is a technical marvel to me..

Yes as well as SM3 cost about double what DDM are...
 Furthermore, SM3 can't be compared to DDM, one is Dynamic another BA..

Feb 14, 2011 at 10:28 AM Post #844 of 864
Hello,

I purchased my DDM's from AccessoryJack in novemeber. The strain relief has broken and one earphone is completely disconnected now. I will be replacing the 3.5mm plug shortly. In addition, the left earphone makes a crackling noises upon changes in air pressure when it is sealed to my ear. Does anyone know why it could be doing that?

Accessoryjack service did not respond. 

Farz

Mar 12, 2011 at 12:23 AM Post #847 of 864
Still lovin' 'em and use my DDMs all the time although some time ago I replaced the cable one off a pair of Meelec M6P for the inline remote and mic, it also removed 99% of the DDMs cable microphonics.

Mar 12, 2011 at 1:56 AM Post #849 of 864

Quote:
Nice, you did the recable yourself, was it easy? got pics?

Did it myself and it all went quite smoothly, one earpiece had already started to come apart and the other did not need much prompting. Managed to desoldered the old cable and resoldered the new without melting anything and then snapped them back together with a touch of super glue. They have performed faultlessly since.

Mar 24, 2011 at 9:38 AM Post #851 of 864
Hello everybody.I'm Ale, from Italy. It's my first post, but it's quite a while that I follow this forum.
I bought the DDM a month ago from Jaben in KL and I really love them. So I joined this thread.
Has anybody tried a good amp with this DDM?

Bye

Ale

Mar 24, 2011 at 1:26 PM Post #853 of 864
I have an iBasso T4 and a Corda XXS. The T4 makes the DDM even warmer and open up the soundstage some more.
The Corda is a much more transparant amp and brings out some more details and bass impact. If you really like a warm open sound, the T4 is a great little amp.
I use the DDM's with my Corda amp but I feel the immediate difference is smaller there.

Mar 25, 2011 at 8:01 AM Post #855 of 864

ClieOS has done some reviews of both the Linearossa and the Fiio E7. They are both warm amps and I'm afraid they will not really bring out more details.
All they do is bring out even more bass and improve soundstage, at least that's what my iBasso T4 does, sharing the same signatures as the amps you summed up.
What other headphones do you own and which ones do you like?
My corda XXS improves bass impact on my RE0 and even on my sunrise sw-xcape together with more details.
Paired with my DDM's the difference is small when using the XXS amp but you will come to appreciate it.
To my ears the DDM's also works well with a warm amp, but some people might think it sounds too warm.
Since you're from Italy (not that far from Belgium), if you want I can send you my T4 for a couple of weeks to see if you like the DDM's with a warmish amp. (PM me)

Quote:
Thank you very much s0lar. I'm looking for some more details . I was thinking about the Linearossa W1 or a Fiio E7 (or the E11, after I read some review!).  Ciao

Users who are viewing this thread

Back