Radiohead in LIEK ten days!
Jun 8, 2003 at 7:25 AM Post #31 of 71
i got it today! first impressions, it's alright haha i was watching motorracing at the same time, and listening on a crappy low-fi system. i liked the 4th track, and the latter ones, some in the middle were so-so, a bit boring. but i guess when i listen to the album closely i'll like it more.

here are the pics of the special edition, nothing really special i think
smily_headphones1.gif

http://members.optusnet.com.au/jtb81/album.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/jtb81/album3.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/jtb81/album4.jpg

here is the t-shirt, i think it's an unoffical one, can tell by the typecast

http://members.optusnet.com.au/jtb81/t-shirt.jpg

Jun 8, 2003 at 7:27 AM Post #32 of 71
Quote:

Originally posted by becomethemould
actually Ptrick, it's being released on sunday. i pre-ordered today, and the chick said i could pick it up on sunday. i didn't get my t-shirt, hopefully on sunday
biggrin.gif

it's a pretty good price too, $30!

just wondering, what radiohead tshirt comes with it? I know it may be a bit late to preorder... but just wondering whether it would be worth the effort to look for a shop giving the cd with the tshirt

Jun 10, 2003 at 7:16 AM Post #33 of 71
Quote:

is that a link for amazon.com, or amazon.ca?
might be a good idea to get one for amazon.ca, given all the canadians around here.

The cheapest price i've seen for the special edition ishere , $18.50 + $2 shipping (cdn) Might actually be cheaper for Americans as well, but maybe not with your low currency
smily_headphones1.gif

I've never dealt with them before, dunno if they're reliable.

Futureshop.ca has the normal version for $12.99 and free shipping, but they seem to be out of stock...If you can't order online, its the same price in stores, but only today i think...

Can't decide which version to order, i guess i can wait a few days and see the reviews come in...And has anyone tried ripping the CD's on their computer? I've read that the CD has some copy protection that doesn't allow it to be played on the computer
frown.gif

Jun 10, 2003 at 7:20 AM Post #34 of 71
Reviews? It's radiohead! Pfft. Don't need no stinkin' reviews
wink.gif
Go to bestbuy.com, the spec ed is $12.99 with free shipping. Pretty darn good I'd say.

Of course, I think I'm just going to head down to Circuit City tomorrow and grab a copy (hoping they have the special edition) rather than waiting for it in the mail
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 10, 2003 at 5:29 PM Post #36 of 71
Quote:

Originally posted by eric343
Whoa - copy protection?

I don't buy CDs with copy protection. Doesn't matter if it's Radiohead.

soooo, where's the cheapest place to pick up the vinyl version?

Jun 10, 2003 at 5:35 PM Post #37 of 71
Just got the CD at Circuit City for $8.99+tax. Also I can play the CD on my laptop and I also can rip the cd too.

Jun 10, 2003 at 5:39 PM Post #38 of 71
I got the special edition at a local reccord store for 20 bucks and a four mike hike. Overpriced? Yeah, but hey, i like supporting these guys. And they gave me a free HTTT poster.

I'm having my first listen at the moment... It's certaintly not Ok computer 2, but it's an intresting album nonetheless. It's certaintly better than Kid a or amnesiac, but i still can't help but feel those album's influence upon HTTT.

Jun 10, 2003 at 6:00 PM Post #39 of 71
Quote:

Originally posted by MadDog5145
Just got the CD at Circuit City for $8.99+tax. Also I can play the CD on my laptop and I also can rip the cd too.

What, I just got mine at local Best Buy for $9.99 during lunch, I wonder if all Circuit City stores have it for $8.99!

(At work now so have to wait till tonight to play it)

Jun 10, 2003 at 7:47 PM Post #40 of 71
just got the cd, the 192kbps MP3s that are currently floating around ARE NOT THE FINAL MIX. The CD sounds just incredible, definitely a new refrence cd for testing equipment. oh by the way the music is insane. if youre still reading this and you dont have the cd i DEMAND you go out and buy it right now

Jun 10, 2003 at 8:57 PM Post #41 of 71
I picked the spec ed up an hour or two ago. Not OK Computer 2, but it does lend itself to that area. Deffinitely better than amnesiac. More guitars, etc.

btw: Can anyone back up that its copy protected? Just finished making a straight cd copy for the car, and its working fine.

Jun 10, 2003 at 9:37 PM Post #42 of 71
nah i just ripped the whole thing via EAC+LAME, but i tried OK computer after and it didnt work. but my comp does that so ill restart and try again in a little while, have others ripped ok computer?

Jun 10, 2003 at 10:02 PM Post #44 of 71
Yeah, but it was kind of tricky- first I tried ripping of a CloneCD copy (didn't work), then the original CD (worked fine)...

FYI I use iTunes for ripping...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back