Radiohead in LIEK ten days!
Jun 6, 2003 at 2:41 AM Post #17 of 71
the special edition can be had at amazon or any other store that carries large selections of cds, you won't find it at wal mart but you probably will at best buy, if not you'll be able to get it online, or you could go directly through w.a.s.t.e. if you're willing to wait for it to ship from overseas.

Jun 6, 2003 at 11:41 AM Post #19 of 71
My bad
redface.gif

Sorry I must have misread the dates of release. It is Japan that has a release date of 6th June. Yes, becomethemould, you're right.... Australia gets it on Monday. TripleJ played the album on 3am Wednesday morning though... thank god I stayed up for that! oh yeh

Jun 6, 2003 at 4:20 PM Post #22 of 71
what i've been doing for the past few albums, is pre-ordering the special edition and then buying the regular edition in stores on tuesdays. i have seen the special editions in stores before, but they are usually quite banged up compared to the ones that i get from cdnow (now amazon
frown.gif
). i usually pre-order the vinyl too, but i haven't seen that available as of yet.

Jun 6, 2003 at 5:43 PM Post #23 of 71
Quote:

Originally posted by Trounce
Does it really matter anymore? I have had the MP3s for the past 2 months. The album just won't surprise me when I buy it. It won't be something I've never heard. And the quality will hardly be improved over the 192kb/s MP3s we all have. Now, it will be nice to listen to the album on our nice expensive amps through our nice expensive sources over our nice expensive ICs on our nice expensive headphones, but I doubt the experience will be overtly and markedly more prodigious.

Shoot me if I'm wrong, but the leak really hurt the album in the short-term; nevertheless, it should, like OK Computer, live in infamy, as I believe the quality of the individual songs are better than the aforementioned 1997 classic.

i don't get it. you're bitching because you downloaded the mp3's so now the actual album won't "suprise you" when you buy it? then why the hell did you download the mp3's in the first place if you didn't want it spoiled? no self control?

Jun 6, 2003 at 8:18 PM Post #24 of 71
Quote:

Originally posted by redshifter
no self control?

Bingo.

I make no excuses. I was just bitchin'.

Jun 6, 2003 at 9:21 PM Post #25 of 71
Looks like my local Best Buy will have it for $9.99 tuesday

I am not a fan of Kid A/Amnesiac material so I should probably pass on this newest offering..........unless they changed again.

Any comment as to style of "hail" vs "amnesiac" is it different sound?

Jun 7, 2003 at 1:37 AM Post #26 of 71
Quote:

Any comment as to style of "hail" vs "amnesiac" is it different sound?

Well Thom has described HTTT as being OKComputer 2, and upon first listening, it's definitely more guitary and instrument based than either Kid A or Amnesiac. You could say a return to traditional guitars/bass/drums but there are still electronic elements throughout the album. But hey, if Thom said so... that's straight from the horse's mouth, ya?

Here's a good Time article describing the new album...

Oh yeh, regarding the artworks in the Kid A and Amnesiac albums: The artwork is listed as being done by Stanley (Donwood) & Tchocky. And guess who Tchocky is? It's Thom Yorke. Funny eh?

Tchocky explained...

Jun 7, 2003 at 11:48 AM Post #27 of 71
Quote:

Originally posted by Ptrick
Well Thom has described HTTT as being OKComputer 2, and upon first listening, it's definitely more guitary and instrument based than either Kid A or Amnesiac. You could say a return to traditional guitars/bass/drums but there are still electronic elements throughout the album. But hey, if Thom said so... that's straight from the horse's mouth, ya?

OK, sounds like definitely worth a try. I see Best Buy also has all Radiohead CDs on sale as a special promotion for 6/10 release of HTTT. (may be online sale only and not in store)

I see the limited edition version will have special wallet with map, lyrics book included.......anyone getting this?

Jun 8, 2003 at 5:31 AM Post #30 of 71
can't buy things online; I am creditcardless and impatient.
is that a link for amazon.com, or amazon.ca?
might be a good idea to get one for amazon.ca, given all the canadians around here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back