Radio Controlled Car-Fi
Mar 15, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #46 of 97
Just ordered a dNano from Atomic mods. 1/43 scale!

Mar 17, 2010 at 1:18 AM Post #47 of 97
WOW, glad I'm not the only one with a Headphone "problem" and RC "problem. I have at least 6 various nitro and electric cars sitting around from the mid 80's to present... some work and some are projects. (original Grasshopper, first gen RC10, original Monster Beetle, recently sold my original Bruiser, original T-MAXX, Heavily modded REVO)

I have only one little E-Flight Heli at this time since I had to sell my 4 big heli's when my kids were born a few years ago (Kalt Baron 30, Kyosho Caliber 30, Raptor 50, Raptor 60)

Now my kids are 2yrs and 4yrs and getting old enough to enjoy that hobby with me...

My wife thinks my headphone hobby is bad.... SHE AIN'T SEEN NOTHIN' YET!!

Mar 17, 2010 at 1:27 AM Post #48 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i used to have this bad boy. one of my friends had a full length course in his back yard. fun times.

optima_promo3.jpg

I had one of those too!! it was an AMAZING car!! My childhood from age 10 to 15 was spent at the track EVERYDAY. I was very fortunate to have one right down the street from my house. Kept me out of allot of trouble.

Mar 17, 2010 at 4:01 PM Post #49 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by markkr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
original Monster Beetle

I remember having a go with one of those 1 years ago or so!

My first experience with a 'proper' RC car and it inspired me to get a few of my own.

Mar 17, 2010 at 10:54 PM Post #50 of 97
RC seems way more contagious than head-fi.
"investments" are cheaper, but its a more constant flow of money away from the bank account.

Gonna buy a db01 from one the guys at our industry track when he fixes the centre pulley's, on is worn flat. 2 cars is always better
tongue.gif

Thinking of fitting a novak Velocity 6.5t/GTB esc in it
autott01269.jpg
autott01270.jpg

Mar 19, 2010 at 12:03 AM Post #52 of 97
Yeah...the VXl is awesome...brushless!!

Mar 19, 2010 at 10:22 AM Post #54 of 97
I am not really into RC but I find it quite relaxing just running oval circuits around the garden mostly.

Some 30 years ago I bought a Tamiya Sand Scorcher, which I eventually lost interest in and gave away (!). So when they did the re-issue last year I thought I’d have one of those for old times.

Having enjoyed building (and to a lesser extent) driving it I though I would find out what an all out racing off-road car would be like. So I bought a Durango DEX410 and again enjoyed fitting it out with all the correct bits and bobs. The 410 is so much easier (and faster) to drive than the Tamiya so I am even more relaxed running circles in the garden.

I also have an electric helicopter, but that just crashes and bits fall off.

Mar 19, 2010 at 8:00 PM Post #55 of 97
I've got a T-Maxx 2.5, and I'll say this.

I'm tired of nitro. Seriously. The electrics nowadays are more reliable, faster, require less maintenance, annoy the neighbors less, can be used indoors, etc. I used to love the whole idea of nitro, but in practice, electric just works better now.

Mar 19, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #56 of 97
I agree. You can get amazing performance out of electric brushless technology these days.

Mar 20, 2010 at 3:01 PM Post #57 of 97
I was 100% electric... then became involved in Heli's became infatuated with nitro. Now I'd like to move everything back to electric.

Mar 21, 2010 at 7:46 AM Post #58 of 97
This bring back memories.
I had a nitro car back in the earliest 1990s. A 4-wheel driven buggy of some kind equipped with a 3.5cc O.S. engine. Fun for a while, but I moved on after a year or so.

Mar 22, 2010 at 3:13 PM Post #60 of 97
The RC. Racing is where my online name comes from, I had a ""Supermaxx"", (add the Mark) an all aluminium,, T-Maxx with after market everything! It even had a RB .28 motor.
The guy that painted the body was a artist!!!! Hand painted no stenciling here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back