Radio Controlled Car-Fi
Jun 9, 2011 at 8:47 PM Post #93 of 97
Only just really getting into hobby grade RC but if you consider the toy grade RC's I have as well:

Toy Grade:
ZipZaps SE Acura Integra (Appx 29,000 RPM Motor)
ZipsZaps SE Acura RSX (Appx 34,000 RPM Motor)
Airhogs Terrain Titans - Thunder Truck
Hot Wheels Stealth Rides - Power Treads

(Acura Integra is not pictured)

Lower spectrum toys, yes, but hellishly entertaining at that. Especially the Hot Wheels. Its a small (appx 1:64 scale) tank with unbelievable ability for its size. Its actually a lot of fun just throwing a bunch of stuff at random down on the desk and seeing how well it runs over said stuff.

Sub-Hobby Grade:
Takara Tomy GX-03 Buggy (15 mph stock out of box)
3 CH Gyroscopic Helicopter

This toy is fun. In second gear, the motor maxes out and you wheelie without trying. Plus if you toss it in a garbage can and turn the wheels, this will rev fast enough to spin around the inside wall of the can and jump right out! Bought it in Korea on a whim when I was there in March, but it will be coming to the US in the fall under the Air Hogs Hyperactive.

I burned through 3-4 larger 3 Channel choppers in less than a year, and finally bought this one to play around with indoors and as my last helicopter. (I think I'll stick to R/Cs that stay on the ground from now :wink: )

Hobby Grade:
Losi Micro-T Desert Truck
Losi Micro-T HighRoller (modified DT)

God I love this intro into Hobby Grade. And already, it's a money pit. Just ordered a LiPo battery back for it and ball bearings for the wheels. Planning on getting an Atomic BB II motor for it later, when I can find one in stock again, and might upgrade the suspension, arms and supports to aluminum later (or snake all of those parts from the Used HighRoller that I run as my beater - previous owner spec-ed it up with some hop-ups and then dropped it for peanuts to make quick cash.) Loving these toys!

Next up on my list is either an Electric Traxxas Summit, or a Nitro T-Maxx, unless something more interesting makes its way onto my radar :D

Jun 11, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #95 of 97
i so want another 4wd rc10 with every option lol. i had one and i drove it into a lake
triportsad.gif
 i can't really spend that on one again with other things i need right now. it was so much fun though. my first buggy was this tamaya grasshopper or something. yeah, been doing it for a bit.

Apr 12, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #96 of 97
Reviving this thread from the grave,

Anyone still in to RC?

I currently have a heavily upgrade Axial RR10 Bomber as my main basher, and 2 x Tamiya TT-01's that are currently being built up in to rally cars :)

I raced Short Course are my local off-road truck last year which was great fun, I ran a HPI Blitz.

Apr 16, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #97 of 97
My Axila RR10 Bomber Build: http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/forums/topic/213097-ostewarts-axial-rr10-bomber-build/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back