Radio Controlled Car-Fi
Mar 22, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #61 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by prodigy_techus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
RC hobby is for emotionally greedy people who find sadistic pleasure in having control over movement of objects...........Shameless EVIL people like me !!
wink.gif

Not just in having control over objects, more like plummeting your 'object' into another persons 'object' or the ground when crashing in a race
very_evil_smiley.gif

Just great
smily_headphones1.gif

Yesterday there was a guy with a HPI Baja at our track, awesome machine and i missed it.

Mar 23, 2010 at 3:40 PM Post #62 of 97
R/C is such a money pit.
frown.gif

I have a Tamiya TT-01, TA-03F, and an RC10GT right now. I'm about to sell the last two and get a Losi Micro Crawler and some IEM's now.

Mar 23, 2010 at 5:26 PM Post #63 of 97
... but a fun money pit!

Mar 23, 2010 at 9:12 PM Post #64 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raguvian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Losi Micro Crawler

I picked up one of those last year and they are pretty fun for playing around in the front room on crappy days. They even do pretty decent outside, quite surprising for the size.

Mar 23, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #65 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yesterday there was a guy with a HPI Baja at our track, awesome machine and i missed it.

Been out of the scene for awhile, I had a Team Associated RC10 back in the day, but that HPI Baja is a beast!

Mar 24, 2010 at 2:13 AM Post #66 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by yuckymucky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I picked up one of those last year and they are pretty fun for playing around in the front room on crappy days. They even do pretty decent outside, quite surprising for the size.

Yeah they are small enough that batteries are $3.50 each from Hong Kong, and they are fun inside and out, since their smallness makes pretty much anything an obstacle.

I was going to spring for a Spektrum DX3R but I decided that $300 could be spent on other things, and I already have a 2.4 GHZ system.

Mar 24, 2010 at 5:02 AM Post #67 of 97
I used to be into paintball, but traded my gear for RC stuff.
Had a Slash and a couple rustler VXLs for a while, now I moved on to an Ofna Hyper 7 which I'm converting to brushless. It's basically done, I just have no power source at the moment. Need to decide how much cash to drop on some lipos for this summer :/

One003re.jpg

Mar 24, 2010 at 4:55 PM Post #68 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raguvian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah they are small enough that batteries are $3.50 each from Hong Kong, and they are fun inside and out, since their smallness makes pretty much anything an obstacle.

I was going to spring for a Spektrum DX3R but I decided that $300 could be spent on other things, and I already have a 2.4 GHZ system.

I got a Graupner XG-6i Race spec combo for €100,- works great. It steers waaaaaaay faster than he 27MHz that i had before. It was a great move to use the 2.4GHz band for RC.

Apr 6, 2010 at 7:56 PM Post #69 of 97
Just ordered my Traxxas Slash VXL 1/16 truck... with extra battery and a series and parallel connector.
These things stock do 50 km/h ( 30 mph )... wouldn't want to do too much faster for this scale and chassis type... however I will try the series connector and extra battery... and then lipo down the road!!

Apr 6, 2010 at 9:01 PM Post #70 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by Palpatine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just ordered my Traxxas Slash VXL 1/16 truck... with extra battery and a series and parallel connector.
These things stock do 50 km/h ( 30 mph )... wouldn't want to do too much faster for this scale and chassis type... however I will try the series connector and extra battery... and then lipo down the road!!

I almost bought one this last fall, two good batteries and that little truck is too,,,,fast!!!!

Be careful watch out for the dog, mine used to chase my T Maxx and I almost broke her leg, there is a lot of force at 25 MPH, in your driveway.

I still may get one, there is no other reasonable priced RC toy that is that fast and can take tons of abuse and no tuning,, like the nitro stuff. Just pure fun.

Apr 6, 2010 at 9:51 PM Post #71 of 97
Yeah...no kidding. My dog is afraid of my rc cars ( even my dnano! ) so that won't be an issue.
I still plan on the 1/10 EMaxx VXL later this year.

Apr 7, 2010 at 12:07 AM Post #72 of 97
Quote:

Yeah...no kidding. My dog is afraid of my rc cars ( even my dnano! ) so that won't be an issue.

Is that the brushless model? Or am I thinking of the brushless Revo?

Apr 7, 2010 at 1:56 AM Post #73 of 97
Funny but sad story!!! You RC guys will/can relate......I'd say a good 15 yrs. ago my brother and I got into 1/12 and 1/10 scale road racers.....Fast puppies, right! Anyway, we went to this huge newly paved parking lot to try out some new tires and gear ratios, We both set our fully charged cars down and got ready to take off.....and SMACK, CRASH parts flying everywhere his car distroyed 4ft. away! He nailed it and tires spinning lost control right into a light post......My brother was so p---ed he just walked away...I raced for a few years on carpet indoors,then retired!! We still laugh at that wreck just 4ft.and 5sec....long....So you racers beware!!!

Apr 8, 2010 at 3:49 PM Post #74 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by 9pintube /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Funny but sad story!!! You RC guys will/can relate......I'd say a good 15 yrs. ago my brother and I got into 1/12 and 1/10 scale road racers.....Fast puppies, right! Anyway, we went to this huge newly paved parking lot to try out some new tires and gear ratios, We both set our fully charged cars down and got ready to take off.....and SMACK, CRASH parts flying everywhere his car distroyed 4ft. away! He nailed it and tires spinning lost control right into a light post......My brother was so p---ed he just walked away...I raced for a few years on carpet indoors,then retired!! We still laugh at that wreck just 4ft.and 5sec....long....So you racers beware!!!

Ouch! That must have been a bummer. Once parked my SC10 into a curb at 30km/h didn't budge. The 1.5m high pile of sand was another story though. Broke my Rear arm mount and lost a dogbone.

Quote:

Lol if the dog is afraid of the dnana, he'd prolly be out of his wits when he is chased by the emaxx. Make sure to film it
very_evil_smiley.gif

Just installed a Mamba Max pro and a castle 5700kv motor into the sc10.
Holy smokes! Even at 2s lipo it kicks major ass. 5700kv is about the limit of what i would put in this truck. And im still running the smallest(16t) that castle recommends.... 21t should be fun for a try.
Also put 12mm hex convertors on the rear with a set of pro-line Epic wheels and Switch tires.
Gonna get some Team Factory stuff like titanium turnbuckles, alu servo mounts and the Fastrax alu stuff in the coming months.
Together with a new savox servo i should be ok i guess
tongue.gif

Apr 8, 2010 at 7:59 PM Post #75 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by markmaxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is that the brushless model? Or am I thinking of the brushless Revo?

yes... it is the brushless model. You can get the Revo in brushed and brushless too, FWIK. There is also the brushed version of the EMaxx. I've seen the videos of the VXL and it looks like a blast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back