Raal Ribbon Headphones - SRH1A
Feb 1, 2024 at 2:54 AM Post #7,576 of 7,898
So it’s Feb 1st already and I expectantly logged on this morning looking to find a brand new and sparkling thread called ‘Raal 1995’ or maybe ’Immanis’ or something equally thrilling….
And…….hmmmm!
So far……nothing.
Maybe it‘s all just been a collective figment of our imaginations..
Or, maybe Aleks has a wicked sense of humour…
Or, maybe in Serbia they do things to a different time-line and for them Feb 1st is the same as April 1st….

Feb 1, 2024 at 4:15 AM Post #7,578 of 7,898
So it’s Feb 1st already and I expectantly logged on this morning looking to find a brand new and sparkling thread called ‘Raal 1995’ or maybe ’Immanis’ or something equally thrilling….
And…….hmmmm!
So far……nothing.
Maybe it‘s all just been a collective figment of our imaginations..
Or, maybe Aleks has a wicked sense of humour…
Or, maybe in Serbia they do things to a different time-line and for them Feb 1st is the same as April 1st….

Once the Head-Fi opens shop in US, they will create my new account, I guess, so we're on US time about this.

Here https://www.head-fi.org/threads/raal-1995-immanis.971583/

Feb 1, 2024 at 10:52 AM Post #7,585 of 7,898
Hi, Can you advise as to which valves in your view work best for the VM-1a?
hi,
good question.I'm sure if you could buy some el34 nos that are actually loaded and never used, then I would tell you that any nos is always better than modern production.Unfortunately I don't believe in fairy tales, valves that have an average life of 2000 or at most 3000 hours, it's unlikely that after 50 or 60 years, they are really charged.I have two quartets of Siemens El34s taken more than 15 years ago, and yes, they are loaded, as well as pairs of Mullard xf2 and xf4 with very good values, but it is difficult today to find these tubes in efficient condition.As far as I'm concerned, I really like the Psvane, I had the 845 on the Viva Audio Egoista and they were really a great improvement on the stock ones, so many friends had recommended the Psvane el34ph production to me.It is important that they are the replica of the PH, i.e. Philips Holland, those with a metal base, after a good run-in of 2/300 hours, these valves offer a full and full-bodied sound, with a great extension in the low range and a wonderful mid range Of course, they are not like Mullard xf2s, but in many parameters they easily beat them.

Feb 1, 2024 at 12:01 PM Post #7,586 of 7,898
hi,
good question.I'm sure if you could buy some el34 nos that are actually loaded and never used, then I would tell you that any nos is always better than modern production.Unfortunately I don't believe in fairy tales, valves that have an average life of 2000 or at most 3000 hours, it's unlikely that after 50 or 60 years, they are really charged.I have two quartets of Siemens El34s taken more than 15 years ago, and yes, they are loaded, as well as pairs of Mullard xf2 and xf4 with very good values, but it is difficult today to find these tubes in efficient condition.As far as I'm concerned, I really like the Psvane, I had the 845 on the Viva Audio Egoista and they were really a great improvement on the stock ones, so many friends had recommended the Psvane el34ph production to me.It is important that they are the replica of the PH, i.e. Philips Holland, those with a metal base, after a good run-in of 2/300 hours, these valves offer a full and full-bodied sound, with a great extension in the low range and a wonderful mid range Of course, they are not like Mullard xf2s, but in many parameters they easily beat them.
Thanbk you. Did you also change the EL34 Matched Duet Driver/Splitter Tubes or only the EL34 Matched Quartet Output Tubes (and, if so, do the 6 tubes need to be identical)?

Feb 2, 2024 at 8:45 AM Post #7,587 of 7,898
Thanbk you. Did you also change the EL34 Matched Duet Driver/Splitter Tubes or only the EL34 Matched Quartet Output Tubes (and, if so, do the 6 tubes need to be identical)?
as a splitter I left the stock ones, while the Psvane were part of a matched quartet, you can find it on ebay.I read that the wm1a has autobias, so even if the quartet is not particularly matched, you won't have any problems, of course, if I could choose a matched quartet, I would choose it without a doubt... keep in mind that the wm1a originally did not It has marks on the valves, so you can put them as you like.

Feb 2, 2024 at 4:50 PM Post #7,588 of 7,898
The new The Smile album is really good off the SR

6awGnmZ.png

It's the closest thing to a new Radiohead album that you can get too 🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back