Raal Ribbon Headphones - SRH1A
Feb 11, 2024 at 4:40 PM Post #7,606 of 7,888
Speakers of adaptors. Does anybody have the HSA1a/b/c normal headphones adaptor they'd be willing to sell to me? I'd like to try it with my VM

Feb 11, 2024 at 4:41 PM Post #7,607 of 7,888
interesting, I never actually thought of trying that..I do have one I used to use with my HSA-1b..I wonder how it would fare with the VM

Feb 11, 2024 at 4:43 PM Post #7,608 of 7,888
interesting, I never actually thought of trying that..I do have one I used to use with my HSA-1b..I wonder how it would fare with the VM
Give it a try. I'm very curious

Feb 11, 2024 at 5:13 PM Post #7,609 of 7,888
I just emailed SAEQ about purchasing the cable adaptor. We shall see what they say. I really want to try it. But if anybody has that adaptor cable they wanna sell, I'll buy it from you.

Feb 11, 2024 at 5:15 PM Post #7,610 of 7,888
I dont see why it wouldnt work with VM since it worked very well with the HSA but I want to make sure it wont damage anything before trying it....I am sure danny can get you one he got me one a while back

Feb 11, 2024 at 5:16 PM Post #7,612 of 7,888
Feb 11, 2024 at 5:20 PM Post #7,613 of 7,888
I just emailed SAEQ about purchasing the cable adaptor. We shall see what they say. I really want to try it. But if anybody has that adaptor cable they wanna sell, I'll buy it from you.
I just gave it a try with the susvara and it works great...sounds terrific...I dont know why I didnt think of it before. Not sure it will matter much to me because the envy is so good to my ears with planers but it is another option for sure

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2024 at 5:25 PM Post #7,615 of 7,888
yes

Feb 11, 2024 at 5:32 PM Post #7,616 of 7,888
I use the adapter to drive some of my planar headphones from the ribbon output. My LCD-4 is decent from it, but not great, and I prefer the LCD-4 from other amps (Bliss, Stratus, Bakoon 13r, among others). The 1266 Phi with CC pads, by contrast, sounds great from this output. It's worth experimenting, some pairings synergize very well.

For more experienced ears than mine on this, see here: https://forum.headphones.com/t/raal-requisite-hsa-1b-switch-drive-amplifier-review/9973 (scroll down to "Headphones Preferred via the SR1a “Ribbon” output (w/ adapter)"

Feb 11, 2024 at 5:35 PM Post #7,617 of 7,888
I think it is quite obvious that in order for RAAL to create more of a mass manufactured product not a niche product they need to move beyond the direct drive amps because it is tough to convince people to spend a large amount of money to drive only one HP..it was tough for me to convince myself to spend the money for the VM-1a given that it could only drive the RAAL hp's like the HSA-1b did...the adapters make the HP's more available to a larger number of people and I get that...given that, I find the VM-1a far better than the alternatives amps with adapters...just my 2 cents!
Did you read what Alex wrote earlier? He’s used the SAEQ Hyperion and the VM-1a in Triode Mode to voice the Immanis with the 32Ohm interface and described the VM-1a and Hyperion GE as sounding very, very similar. And of course if you buy the full Immanis set you get the 32Ohm interface. Earlier in this thread Alex posted a photograph of the Hyperion with the CA-1a but this was using the 16 Ohms interface. And Kiats in Singapore (I think) said the pairing sounded great but only with the 16 Ohm interface. So what does someone like me, who only has the HSA-1b, do if I want to get the Hyperion for the Immanis? I can’t use it with the CA or SR because I don’t have a 16Ohm interface. Anyway, this is just me thinking out loud, I’ll use the Immanis with the HSA-1b to start with and then see what happens.

Feb 11, 2024 at 5:39 PM Post #7,618 of 7,888
Feb 11, 2024 at 5:41 PM Post #7,619 of 7,888
I use the adapter to drive some of my planar headphones from the ribbon output. My LCD-4 is decent from it, but not great, and I prefer the LCD-4 from other amps (Bliss, Stratus, Bakoon 13r, among others). The 1266 Phi with CC pads, by contrast, sounds great from this output. It's worth experimenting, some pairings synergize very well.

For more experienced ears than mine on this, see here: https://forum.headphones.com/t/raal-requisite-hsa-1b-switch-drive-amplifier-review/9973 (scroll down to "Headphones Preferred via the SR1a “Ribbon” output (w/ adapter)"
The reviews are of the hsa-1b. In this case we are speaking of the vm-1a

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back