Raal Ribbon Headphones - SRH1A
Apr 26, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #932 of 7,883
Speaking of cables: I'm looking for a set of speaker cable interconnects that are 1-meter long, pure silver with a gauge that isn't excessively high, cost less than a pair of used LCD-2's, and that might even sound good as well.

Any ideas?

Apr 26, 2019 at 12:14 PM Post #933 of 7,883
Speaking of cables: I'm looking for a set of speaker cable interconnects that are 1-meter long, pure silver with a gauge that isn't excessively high, cost less than a pair of used LCD-2's, and that might even sound good as well.

Any ideas?
Here is a link for Amadi cables on audiogon ,Phil can make up a cable for you at reasonable prices
I use his signature interconnects & they replaced expensive audioquest cales for a fraction of the price
you will have to contact him through audiogon.highly recommended
https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis946ef-amadi-cables-maddie-sig-5m-gold-locking-rca-interconnects

Apr 26, 2019 at 6:52 PM Post #935 of 7,883
Just received the SR1a, the cable is a bit short. Any suggestions for a 3 meters earphone cable?

Keep in mind that if you do go for a 3rd party option, for optimal results, you want a single run of the wire to be no more than 0.1 ohms. For 10 ft that means 20 awg wire or thicker.

Apr 27, 2019 at 2:21 AM Post #938 of 7,883
Can I assume that any cable less 0.1 ohm per run should technically run without any issues?

Basically yes. Unless your cable run is extremely long and your overall capacitance exceeds 1 ohms.

Apr 27, 2019 at 5:25 AM Post #939 of 7,883
Boy, Zhanming057 and yate7592 wasn't kidding about the power requirement thing, these things really need alot of power to wake them up:thinking:. My integrated amp failed to deliver... the SR1A just won't come out to play haha. :sweat_smile:

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #941 of 7,883
I connected my SR1A to my Yamaha receiver and Sony bluray player and played some CDs. It sound thin, lifeless, bright and boring. Looks like I need to invest a good amp.

Well the question is, did you like the sound with your Yamaha receiver and Sony Blu-ray player with any other headphones or speakers?

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #942 of 7,883
I connected my SR1A to my Yamaha receiver and Sony bluray player and played some CDs. It sound thin, lifeless, bright and boring. Looks like I need to invest a good amp.
Bah! I have to stick with this budget amp for the time being. But yeah, your impression mirrors my experience.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2019 at 2:23 AM Post #943 of 7,883
Apr 28, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #945 of 7,883
Very interested in these, so much so that I read all 63 pages of the forum, ha! Guess I really appreciate speed/resolution as far as accurate sound reproduction goes... probably the reason I own and love an 009 and Salk HT1 (with RAAL tweeter).

As far as amps go, it seems like any of the good solid state amps that could push high current and are stable at lower loads (for something like Martin Logans) would do the trick, right? I picked the McCormack amp in my sig for under a grand, btw...(200 wpc, 40A max, stable into 1-2ohms) hoping this would work well. If not, could someone let me know why.

Anyhow, thanks to all for your insights on these. If anyone has a clue as to how I might get a listen in Atlanta, GA please PM me!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back