Raal Ribbon Headphones - SRH1A
Apr 11, 2019 at 6:17 AM Post #796 of 7,885
You better man.. Otherwise our Serbian boys will pay you a little visit...

1614178-bigthumbnail.jpg

Those are Italians! When we pay a visit, we usually fix plumbing, put up and paint the dry-walls, et. :)
Not dangerous, but the job will take longer and cost more that originally agreed, so beware! :)

Last edited:
RAAL 1995 Stay updated on RAAL 1995 at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/raalribbon https://raalribbon.com/
Apr 11, 2019 at 6:22 AM Post #797 of 7,885

A lot of amplifiers are 4 ohms stable, and many are stable down to 1 ohm. In that case a simple series resistor plus either a passive filter at the input or
passive filter in the feedback loop (uberamp2 et all) give far better overall performance, and less heat and stress on the amp.
Still don't have the exact values for the filter, but this gives the idea. also a lot easier to change values on a passive input filter

Great work, Kevin!

Exact values sent in PM.

Cheers,

RAAL 1995 Stay updated on RAAL 1995 at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/raalribbon https://raalribbon.com/
Apr 12, 2019 at 8:44 AM Post #799 of 7,885
I'm interested in replacing the stock interconnect cables that go between the speaker amp and adapter box, the main reason being that the stock cables are just a little too short for me.

Do these cables have any special requirements different from a typical speaker cable in terms of their specs? Also, any recommendations from personal experience?

Apr 12, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #800 of 7,885
I'm interested in replacing the stock interconnect cables that go between the speaker amp and adapter box, the main reason being that the stock cables are just a little too short for me.

Do these cables have any special requirements different from a typical speaker cable in terms of their specs? Also, any recommendations from personal experience?
Mr.Lee, are we still doing the RAAL disco, disco at club llamaluv Sunday with Joseph lol?

Apr 12, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #801 of 7,885
Mr.Lee, are we still doing the RAAL disco, disco at club llamaluv Sunday with Joseph lol?
I'm not good with snappy forum banter, so I guess I'll just say... yes.

However, there will be no viewing of a certain scandalous anime referred to by a certain overly-prolific forum poster in this thread...

Apr 12, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #802 of 7,885

However, there will be no viewing of a certain scandalous anime referred to by a certain overly-prolific forum poster in this thread...
I was just making an el oh el. Sorry.

Apr 12, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #805 of 7,885
I'm not za Russian eh lol
No you're not, but he's ex kgb and he knows where you hiding

Eyyyyy! Dont you talk Schiit about boku no pico, ther is nothing wrong with it!:joy:

@PeteSTRADAMUS don't worry, we can always Watch something else like love live!:ok_hand::kiss_mm:

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #806 of 7,885

My understanding from speaking to the company is that there are no special requirements and that they are typical speaker cable. i would also be intending to use longer speaker cable with spade connections if I purchase these headphones.

Apr 12, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #807 of 7,885
My understanding from speaking to the company is that there are no special requirements and that they are typical speaker cable. i would also be intending to use longer speaker cable with spade connections if I purchase these headphones.

I have ordered a set of Shunyata Sigma jumper cables for this purpose. It will be interesting to see what difference these make.

Apr 12, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #808 of 7,885

The stock bananas are actually pretty good. I use Stealth silver ribbons which I really like, but the pair I have is also 3 ft and a bit short after I rearranged my stack. Just sold them and am looking into build a pair with bananas and some wire I got from Danny. Not sure if I'll like it but I can always use it for something else. If you buy loose speaker wire, something like the Cardas bananas are really easy to use for DIY. You don't even need solder, just route the strands and clamp it down onto the plug.

@Vicks7 You may want to use bananas instead of spades because then you would be able to run a XLR adapter off the taps of the adapter box. Then if you unplug the SR1a's, you can listen to your normal headphones by running a short adapter off the box itself.

Apr 14, 2019 at 6:59 AM Post #810 of 7,885
After 3 weeks with the SR1A and going back and forth with the SR009S, my general views, based on my system, and in as few words as possible are: -

SR1A/Bryston 2.5B3
Great tonal accuracy
Clarity – presents extreme detail
Lean and tight, yet dynamic
Not bright but unforgiving top-end (a plus with good recordings; a minus with poor recordings)
Sense of instrumental and vocal realism not experienced with other headphones.
Presentation may suit electronic, vocal and studio recordings in particular

SR009S/BHSE
Warmer
More euphonic - which occasionally can mask minute detail
More venue presence, especially for live recordings
Less fatiguing in comparison
Presentation may suit Classical and live recordings in particular

Both are superb combinations which simply cannot be compared directly (as in one is better than the other!!) as they are coming from totally different ends of the presentation spectrum and any choice will be dependent on musical interests and, of course, personal preference. For my part, I prefer the SR1A for most types of listening as it generates a greater sense of excitement and involvement when compared with the relatively more laid-back presentation of the SR009S.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back