Raal Ribbon Headphones - SRH1A
Apr 2, 2019 at 6:25 PM Post #616 of 7,883
I hope so. To expand and reach the mutitude, and dominate this space you guys have to get these working on normal headphone amps! Speaker amps are such a hassle and annoying. Average headfier are not going to get speaker amps to try these. You guys need to reach those average headifers!

If you guys dont I see this guy down below taking over and mastering ribbon tech and making it more efficient. I know he lurks here! Watching and spying on others!
Lol I like it just the way it is.:kissing: no compromise. I like to drive it with high-end speaker amps. No need to cater to the low plebs

these aren't meant for your average consumers of course.Dont play the Raal game if ya aint got no money to drive them boy Hahaha :kissing_closed_eyes:

Apr 2, 2019 at 6:30 PM Post #617 of 7,883
@RAAL requisite Alex, there are two different impedance specs listed for the interface device on your site: 5.6 ohms and 6 ohms. I presume the latter is just rounding up, but I’d like to make sure. Also, does the impedance change at all with the frequency of the signal or is it always 5.6/6 ohms?

Finally, on reading this thread and the 6 moons review, I get the impression if a lower powered amp is used, it’s not the SPL that suffers as much as does the bass performance. True?

Thank you for all the insight on your singular design.

Apr 2, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #619 of 7,883
@RAAL requisite Alex, there are two different impedance specs listed for the interface device on your site: 5.6 ohms and 6 ohms. I presume the latter is just rounding up, but I’d like to make sure. Also, does the impedance change at all with the frequency of the signal or is it always 5.6/6 ohms?

Finally, on reading this thread and the 6 moons review, I get the impression if a lower powered amp is used, it’s not the SPL that suffers as much as does the bass performance. True?

Thank you for all the insight on your singular design.

Thank you!

We changed the cable resistance, now having thinner, lighter cable that at the time the website was originally made.
It is 0.56 Ohms now and together with the box, it is nominally 6 Ohms now.
It is frequency dependent,like so:
SR1a impedance original.JPG

It seems that the bass depends on beefy power supply in the amp, where bigger amps fare better.
With having some amp trials, this seems to be more important than the power, but it's hard to be sure as bigger amps have beefier supplies, so I can't be totally sure.

If the amps sounds full bodied and a little warm, SPL seems to be somehow restored, even though it would measure lower.

Last edited:
RAAL 1995 Stay updated on RAAL 1995 at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/raalribbon https://raalribbon.com/
Apr 2, 2019 at 10:05 PM Post #620 of 7,883
  1. @PeteSTRADAMUS i know you want it~:kissing_smiling_eyes::kiss_mm:

kylev

New Head-Fier

1. PROTOSS
    Can you all stop by RAAL booth and TRY OUT THE SR1A !!! please :)

It looks like this. I need more impressions !!!!

As requested by Protoss

Hi protoss, there was long queue earlier but I managed to try it out - and it was really amazing pair of headphones!

When it was switched on, I asked if the music was already played as I didn't really hear anything from the headphone, instead I heard a music COMING FROM THE ROOM - not from the headphone.
    I asked him few times, are you sure?? He said yes it is on!

Then I listened to it more closely, and then took it off - no sound, when I put it on then I heard the music plays again - but it didn't feel come from a headphone at all!!
    It feels like someone plays a music using speaker.
Damn, I said, this thing is the real deal! The voice is so natural like someone is talking to you directly, the soundstage is really good, I don't know how to say it!
Instrument separation is really great! And tonally everything just sounds correct!

I tried quite number of headphones in the past such as Susvara, HD800, various Audeze headphones and owned Stax 009 and 007, but truthfully this is the first pair of headphones that blows me away!
You can't be wrong if you buy this - pair it with good speaker amps, you will feel almost reaching the Nirvana of audio lol :D

What was it connected to? Every single person that has come across this is floored. No maybes here!

Apr 2, 2019 at 10:33 PM Post #623 of 7,883
Apr 2, 2019 at 10:37 PM Post #624 of 7,883
Yes!, never trust a smiling man. It could be a smile of sorrow. Lol
@PeteSTRADAMUS This is coming from a guy that owns a 009+Carbon setup!

reread the quote my man
"I tried quite number of headphones in the past such as Susvara, HD800, various Audeze headphones and owned Stax 009 and 007, but truthfully this is the first pair of headphones that blows me away!
You can't be wrong if you buy this - pair it with good speaker amps, you will feel almost reaching the Nirvana of audio lol :D"

Apr 2, 2019 at 10:40 PM Post #625 of 7,883
@PeteSTRADAMUS This is coming from a guy that owns a 009+Carbon setup!

reread the quote my man
"I tried quite number of headphones in the past such as Susvara, HD800, various Audeze headphones and owned Stax 009 and 007, but truthfully this is the first pair of headphones that blows me away!
You can't be wrong if you buy this - pair it with good speaker amps, you will feel almost reaching the Nirvana of audio lol :D"
I know Mrspice, i was being sarcastic :wink:

Apr 2, 2019 at 11:24 PM Post #630 of 7,883
No it's the Yggdrasil. I was there beside you.
really, it wasn't used. it was switched on, but not connected to the R6 Pro - we used the line-out from the R6 Pro instead, because it was much easier that way. the USB type-C output from the R6 Pro comes out from the bottom of the player, which made things difficult viz-a-viz the short USB cable we had (but never used). the yggrasil was there for customers who might want to use it with whatever they brought, but very few people asked for it thoughout the show

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back