Raal Ribbon Headphones - SRH1A
Jan 24, 2024 at 8:55 PM Post #7,501 of 7,885
There is no inherited initial philosophy.
RAAL 1995 has a new initial philosophy.
Danny is a crucial part of this.
We could have called it "Rings of Saturn Audio", but RAAL 1995 sounded nicer to me! :)

I dunno; it sounds like there might have been a divide between the two companies. 🤷‍♂️

I'd like a demo too before buying. I've been burnt in the past with buying something first with 0 impressions (cough...Meze Elite...cough), so I don't want to get burnt again. The price you are asking is very high. Maybe it's worth that cost or maybe it's not. We shall see...

My main question though: Does it beat the TCs? If it beats the TCs, I'm sold. That is the benchmark for me.

I'm also a treble head, and my next question then is: Does it have Shang Sr resolution? I'm guessing not, but I can hope.

Jan 24, 2024 at 9:27 PM Post #7,502 of 7,885
Danny was over at my place today delivering the last VM-1a he had. What fine sounding amp.

We were discussing the new phones and he said that he was hoping to have a traveling demo headphone for people to hear at their homes. Hope that happens.

Jan 24, 2024 at 9:37 PM Post #7,503 of 7,885
Danny was over at my place today delivering the last VM-1a he had. What fine sounding amp.

We were discussing the new phones and he said that he was hoping to have a traveling demo headphone for people to hear at their homes. Hope that happens.
There you go!

RAAL 1995 Stay updated on RAAL 1995 at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/raalribbon https://raalribbon.com/
Jan 25, 2024 at 12:57 AM Post #7,504 of 7,885
I also asked Danny about getting a demo shipped to me, and he said he could make that happen once there was enough stock. But when he also told me I could get a full refund if I didn't like it, I just decided to put down a deposit. My first few weeks of ownership will be the demo and I'll just return it if I don't like it. I have a feeling I'll instead decide to be poor for a while. Who needs money when your tunes are sounding their best? I can eat next month.

@yyzSB that's incredibly cool that Danny personally delivered your VM1a. I don't know exactly why, but I just love the image of that.

Jan 25, 2024 at 1:42 AM Post #7,505 of 7,885
Hi

I love my SRH1a powered by a Riviera AIC 10 through a Star8/TI1a via the speaker tabs - wonderful full sound without filters, only a +3db bass shelf in Roon.

Really curious about the Immanis - any thoughts on whether my amp combo will work with it well - anything to comsider?

Jan 25, 2024 at 3:44 PM Post #7,506 of 7,885
I'm certain others in this thread have seen the new headphones. But for those that haven't, I hope it's ok to send along some pics of the Immanis. Beautiful looking craftsmanship. Courtesy of Danny/David @ RAAL-requisite.
Photo 1.jpeg

Attachments

• Photo 8.jpeg
    Photo 8.jpeg
    79.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Photo 9.jpeg
    Photo 9.jpeg
    89 KB · Views: 0
  • Photo 10.jpeg
    Photo 10.jpeg
    122.2 KB · Views: 0
Jan 25, 2024 at 4:26 PM Post #7,508 of 7,885
Jan 25, 2024 at 4:49 PM Post #7,510 of 7,885
They look like headphones. Not like ear speakers…
Yes, I agree. The one thing I like about the SR-1b is that its design uses ribbon drivers that sit outside the ears. I have found it to have more of a speaker-like presentation, i.e. the illusion that there are performers in a performing space. It also avoids the use of compression/rarefaction of bass frequencies and sounds more like real bass imo. Not that the new phones won't sound good but it definitely dispenses with the earspeaker design of the SR-1b.

Jan 25, 2024 at 4:52 PM Post #7,511 of 7,885
They look like headphones. Not like ear speakers…
Yes....and if because of it they sacrifice in any way, the wonderful speaker-like soundstage characteristics I enjoy from the SR1-a....then it would likely be a deal breaker for me. It's the only reason I passed on the CR-1a after hearing them.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2024 at 5:21 PM Post #7,512 of 7,885
Well, I just got an email from Raal, and they already sold out their first run of the new headphones. :hushed: :triportsad:

@Aleksandar R. How long until the next run?

Jan 25, 2024 at 5:43 PM Post #7,514 of 7,885
I'm certain others in this thread have seen the new headphones. But for those that haven't, I hope it's ok to send along some pics of the Immanis. Beautiful looking craftsmanship. Courtesy of Danny/David @ RAAL-requisite.
Nice pics. My main thing I'm looking to find out when reviews land/when I demo is what effect those "normal" perforated leather pads will have on the sound.
The fact that previous RAAL headphones had no pads at all or pads with literal holes cut out of them helped give them a lot of their open character I loved.

Jan 25, 2024 at 10:41 PM Post #7,515 of 7,885
If you don't mind me asking, what was the number of units you made for the first run? I'm guessing 10?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back