Raal Ribbon Headphones - SRH1A
Jan 23, 2024 at 4:18 PM Post #7,472 of 7,885
You guys are awesome :beerchug:
I don't even own a star-8, I just appreciate how committed you are to offering a good product/service.
no question, has to be the best customer service in the market and to me that is worth an awful lot

Jan 23, 2024 at 4:23 PM Post #7,473 of 7,885
Well, what can we do, so be it! :)
But as they say, "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" (pretty please) :)
I hope, since I mentioned the fragility of my own cable before you stated that you are improving the robustness, that if mine goes out again that you will honour that promise to me as well! 😀

Jan 23, 2024 at 4:28 PM Post #7,476 of 7,885
Jan 23, 2024 at 4:29 PM Post #7,477 of 7,885
I bought mine in Italy. Will this substitution work in Italy too?
From anywhere. Probably the fastest method would be shipping to Danny directly, but if it's more convenient, sure, we go through dealers.

Yeah...and don't call Danny, cuz he hates you, too! LOL

RAAL 1995 Stay updated on RAAL 1995 at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/raalribbon https://raalribbon.com/
Jan 23, 2024 at 4:52 PM Post #7,478 of 7,885
Yeah...and don't call Danny, cuz he hates you, too! LOL
Aww. I'm going to crawl under my bed and just cry... 😢 I can't imagine Danny hating anyone! I must be a truly truly awful person 😔 (😀)

Jan 23, 2024 at 5:04 PM Post #7,479 of 7,885
During pauses or before the music starts (or when it is finished), with the amp on.
OK.

What happens when you unplug the input cables from the HSA?
Let's see what it does on it's own, without connected to the previous stage.

Aww. I'm going to crawl under my bed and just cry... 😢 I can't imagine Danny hating anyone! I must be a truly truly awful person 😔 (😀)
We were just till a moment ago the phone together, having a laugh about this, so he urged me to write that for him, knowing you'll have a laugh, too!
Seriously now, we truly appreciate your friendship. Danny had a great time with you at London CanJam, he was telling me about it the next day...

Last edited:
RAAL 1995 Stay updated on RAAL 1995 at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/raalribbon https://raalribbon.com/
Jan 23, 2024 at 6:59 PM Post #7,480 of 7,885
Well 6moons mentioned the price of the two new headphones. 5.7k euros for the Magna, and 8.6k euros for the Immanis. I was told $9500 for the 3 ribbon. That's a confident price. I expect it to be very, very amazing.

Jan 23, 2024 at 7:08 PM Post #7,481 of 7,885
Oh, how much I love that dismissive dig at ASR in the quote in part 4 of the 6moons review. "I'm glad to say that they won't like these any more than the previous models. The benefits here go beyond what they believe is important." Gold. Pure gold.

Well 6moons mentioned the price of the two new headphones. 5.7k euros for the Magna, and 8.6k euros for the Immanis. I was told $9500 for the 3 ribbon. That's a confident price. I expect it to be very, very amazing.
My understanding is that this price includes the new Star-8 cable and the integrated interface/stand. If you already have the cable and interface (and I suspect most of us on this thread do), it'll be possible to buy the Immanis naked at a lower price.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2024 at 7:18 PM Post #7,482 of 7,885
My understanding is that this price includes the new Star-8 cable and the integrated interface/stand. If you already have the cable and interface (and I suspect most of us on this thread do), it'll be possible to buy the Immanis naked at a lower price.
Yeah, he mentioned that. I kinda want the new cable though. I also don’t like switching cables often on my headphones. It can lead to wear and tear and broken cables. Two of my 2.5mm Sus cables got damaged because of the connector being so fragile. The Raals use 3.5mm I think, but still that type of connector worries me. The Audeze and ZMF mini-XLR are much stronger, which I prefer.

Jan 23, 2024 at 7:23 PM Post #7,483 of 7,885
I didn’t know it included the stand. if the stand is the stand I saw in some pictures, it’s gonna be a hard pass. Non-adjustable stands are a no go for me. Also I prefer a curved resting place for the headband. It doesn’t really matter for the Raals, but a small resting point leads to the headband getting bent. Woo and Rooms make the best adjustable stands. I prefer Woo Audio stands (I have like 14 of them :beyersmile: )

Jan 23, 2024 at 7:59 PM Post #7,485 of 7,885
With a $3k gap between the Magna and Immanis, it might actually be worth giving the Magna a shot unlike my previous comment saying if they're close in price the savings isn't worth wondering if you're missing out. But for a $3k savings I imagine many will be ok with that slight pang of doubt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back