RAAL 1995 headphones, Magna and Immanis
May 7, 2024 at 3:22 PM Post #1,681 of 1,968
No need to make it personal, looking down on my opinion like I lack experience or something... But if we want to discuss that, I'm currently sitting within a meter of Susvara, Utopia, Verite Open, SR-X9000, SR-007MK1, CA-1a, and Expanse. And listen to them all on 300W monoblocks. I've heard both Magna and Immanis. I've also heard, but do not own 1266 and Valkyria.

Oh and I own the most bass heavy headphone in the world, JVC SZ2000, which has an actual subwoofer built in.

So if you're doubting me, it seems there's nobody in the world you wouldn't doubt and you need to just listen for yourself.
Strange behavior criticizing my opinion when it seems you've never even heard them.
And that's when people think i'm attacking them personally instead of their argument. Hard to have a discussion that way. You never mentioned any of that previously.
Ok, if you have compared a VO / Utopia to the Raal headphones and think they slam "very well", that's more than i've heard, and now i highly respect your opinion (it still is to some degree contrary to others). Because i only read about them up to this point. I will, but that will take a bit more time.
I've not even heard of the JVC SZ2000 before.

Edit: Based on your headphone choices, you seem to value details and technicalities more than dynamics, which is absolutely fair, all i said was that i am not that kind of guy, if the drawback is too much. You also seem to like a more Harman tuned midrange (or can enjoyably listen to it), the midrange of the DCA's and the Utopia was a bit too aggressive for me, so that could be another dealbreaker when it comes to the Immanis.

Last edited:
May 7, 2024 at 3:43 PM Post #1,683 of 1,968
And that's when people think i'm attacking them personally instead of their argument. Hard to have a discussion that way. You never mentioned any of that previously.
Ok, if you have compared a VO / Utopia to the Raal headphones and think they slam "very well", that's more than i've heard, and now i highly respect your opinion. Because i only read about them up to this point. I will, but that will take a bit more time.
I've not even heard of the JVC SZ2000 before.
Seemed personal since you went through my posts to judge my opinion and state you don't believe me rather than just discussing why I have that opinion. Perhaps it's just a cultural difference in how Americans talk vs Germans, apologies if so.

Btw, all those headphones are in my signature and I've mentioned listening to Magna and Immanis in this thread a bunch. For your reference, here's me discussing my impressions on Magna and Immanis and how the bass impact made my jaw drop: Post #591

The JVC is pretty cool, worth checking out for fun. It's definitely not an audiophile headset, more of a party trick the way it slams your head with bass.

Regarding your edit, I actually don't have an opinion on the tone/FR of Immanis/Magna yet. I think that's hard to tell at a show with background noise affecting it. It's much easier to tell dynamics. I won't notice if a headphone has a few more or less dB at 1KHz at a show but I will notice if it slams my head when a drum is hit or not. Similar situation with soundstage/air, it's more obvious if it generally sounds closed in or wide open at a show vs judging tone/timbre. So yeah, all my judgements of the Immanis/Magna so far are mostly based on dynamics and soundstage/clarity/openness, not frequency response.

Last edited:
May 7, 2024 at 3:55 PM Post #1,684 of 1,968
Seemed personal since you went through my posts to judge my opinion and state you don't believe me rather than just discussing why I have that opinion. Perhaps it's just a cultural difference in how Americans talk vs Germans, apologies if so.
Sorry if it came across as a personal attack.
Btw, all those headphones are in my signature (except Utopia cause I'm selling it) and I've mentioned listening to Magna and Immanis in this thread a bunch. For your reference, here's me discussing my impressions on Magna and Immanis and how the bass impact made my jaw drop: Post #591
Seems like i didn't get that at the time, dayum...
Makes me wonder if i should order a Magna and then compare that one to @ThanatosVI Immanis...
It's still hellish expensive and i already own three super TOTL's which i love...

A different question: Do you guys get the Immanis / Magna with that Star 8 cable?
Weirdly enough, headphone.shop does not allow buying the Immanis without it, but only the Magna with the normal cable. 900€ difference.

Last edited:
May 7, 2024 at 4:02 PM Post #1,685 of 1,968

Makes me wonder if i should order a Magna and then compare that one to @ThanatosVI Immanis...
It's still hellish expensive and i already own three super TOTL's which i love...
Not gonna lie, interesting idea.

May 7, 2024 at 4:04 PM Post #1,686 of 1,968
This is like making a muscle car from any car; otherwise, it is no good.
I don't own a muscle car (Or any car, lol) but I think muscle cars are overrated at least from my experience with them in games, they can't handle, I guess that translates to audio as good bass with no other technicalities? :p

I like good Rock and Metal as well (Progressive mostly), and I still went for Immanis, blindly. I haven't heard it yet though plan to before I receive mine, will go to the open day at the distributor with some of the highest end chain possible apparently... I'm expecting to be blown away drooling on the floor, huh :))

May 7, 2024 at 4:05 PM Post #1,687 of 1,968

All good, glad we cleared it up :slight_smile:
Yes, please do compare. I ordered both since I couldn't make up my mind at the show and will be returning whichever I like less.
I'm also struggling to figure out which of my existing headphones I should sell, so more impressions/comparisons are always welcome.

May 7, 2024 at 4:06 PM Post #1,688 of 1,968
Not gonna lie, interesting idea.
AHAHA!
Where's your Envy AE btw? You haven't updated your profile picture and wrote anything in the Envy thread! Still 1 more week away?

May 7, 2024 at 4:18 PM Post #1,689 of 1,968
I guess that translates to audio as good bass with no other technicalities? :p
Hmm, you could say that, but it's more about mentality... one-sided. :wink:
Hey, you don't have a car, but you have Immanis...that counts as a car. :)

It's great to see fellow neighbours with such amazing audio production.
Enjoy!

Cheers!

May 7, 2024 at 4:23 PM Post #1,690 of 1,968
I like good Rock and Metal as well (Progressive mostly), and I still went for Immanis, blindly.
We think alike, my friend. My blind-buy Immanis should arrive this week and I'm looking forward to running it through its paces with a bunch of instrumental prog rock and metal. Also hoping to meet up with a local Head-Fi'er with a Magna to do a head-to-head.

May 7, 2024 at 4:25 PM Post #1,691 of 1,968
We think alike, my friend. My blind-buy Immanis should arrive this week and I'm looking forward to running it through its paces with a bunch of instrumental prog rock and metal. Also hoping to meet up with a local Head-Fi'er with a Magna to do a head-to-head.
NICE!
So you will get to hear your Immanis with a Magna............perfect!

May 7, 2024 at 4:29 PM Post #1,692 of 1,968
Hmm, you could say that, but it's more about mentality... one-sided. :wink:
Hey, you don't have a car, but you have Immanis...that counts as a car. :)

It's great to see fellow neighbours with such amazing audio production.
Enjoy!

Cheers!

Have is a strong word, technically, own it, practically still waiting for it (as many of us do).
I guess you could buy a car for that money, second hand and older car, but think about it, Immanis I could be wearing all day listening to good sound, while a car with that tiny country I live in, short rides at a time with more expenses for maintenance, parking, fuel, etc... At least with the Immanis I already have a system that is most likely capable of driving the Immanis well, but more expenses are incoming anyway hence why I said earlier that my wallet is gonna be hurting in the (not too distant) future.

Enjoy them!

May 7, 2024 at 4:37 PM Post #1,694 of 1,968
Let me know when you have your Immanis in hand, we'll meet up.

May 7, 2024 at 5:37 PM Post #1,695 of 1,968
Hey, be more optimistic :wink:
Can you imagine living in a $70k apartment and owning $500k speakers?
That would be cool, you have (again strong word :) ) to admit it. :wink:

Hey, waiting is exciting, too. :wink:

Cheers!
Being an American city dweller I immediately got envious at the idea of a $70,000 apartment. In my city they start at $400,000 for a one bedroom lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back