RAAL 1995 headphones, Magna and Immanis
Apr 24, 2024 at 11:23 AM Post #1,306 of 1,613
I am looking forward to reading what others say about both models as more are received by members here.

Apr 24, 2024 at 11:25 AM Post #1,307 of 1,613
I am sure RAAL 1995 is plenty busy with finishing the development and production facilities for the Immanis and Magnas, but still wondering whether there are any plans to eventually develop a closed-back version.

Apr 24, 2024 at 11:27 AM Post #1,308 of 1,613
I don’t know if you’ve read it already but the only ‘at home’ brief review of Magna and Immanis by MokhaMark can be found at #7784 on the Raal Ribbon Headphones - SRH1a thread. It’s the best that’s currently available in terms of hearing the 2 phones in the peace and quiet of one’s own home. Also user yyzSB drove over to Danny’s place in Ventura and has also shared his experience with us.
Wow, this is a great post.
Thanks for directing me to it.

Apr 24, 2024 at 11:59 AM Post #1,309 of 1,613
I am sure RAAL 1995 is plenty busy with finishing the development and production facilities for the Immanis and Magnas, but still wondering whether there are any plans to eventually develop a closed-back version.
Per @Aleksandar R. in post #24 of this thread:

Developing a closed-back ribbon headphone is certainly possible, it's just that it's not something that I will focus in a foreseeable future.

Apr 24, 2024 at 12:10 PM Post #1,310 of 1,613
Per @Aleksandar R. in post #24 of this thread:

Developing a closed-back ribbon headphone is certainly possible, it's just that it's not something that I will focus in a foreseeable future.
Thanks. I am not sure what the demand is for such a closed-back but based on Alex's statement I assume it is minimal.

Apr 24, 2024 at 12:28 PM Post #1,312 of 1,613
Thanks. I am not sure what the demand is for such a closed-back but based on Alex's statement I assume it is minimal.
Ehhh, if it's done correctly, i would buy it in a heartbeat. There is so much TOTL competition when it comes to open backs, but basically none on the closed back sector. That's why i use IEM's as an alternative, because nothing blew me away, and i tested a lot of closed backs...

Apr 24, 2024 at 12:44 PM Post #1,313 of 1,613
Ehhh, if it's done correctly, i would buy it in a heartbeat. There is so much TOTL competition when it comes to open backs, but basically none on the closed back sector. That's why i use IEM's as an alternative, because nothing blew me away, and i tested a lot of closed backs...
I have to use closed-backs due to much activity in my home. The best closed-backs I have heard are the DCA Stealth, Kennerton Rognir Planar, and the JM Audio Editions XTC-C 2.5 Euphoric Xtreme Trip. That being said, nothing comes close in that realm in reproducing the illusion of a live musical event in a performing space like the RAAL SR-1b and its sound bleed-through is surprisingly light.

Apr 24, 2024 at 1:52 PM Post #1,314 of 1,613
I also told Alex I would buy one when I discussed it with him in Heidelberg. I use an SP3000 when I travel and suggested the transformer interface would need to be ideally of the same dimensions. That didn’t phase him but I think that powering the transformer from the DAP might cause too much of a drain on the battery. Alex though was much more engaged with thoughts on what the SR-1b replacement might look like and that was really interesting.

Apr 24, 2024 at 6:16 PM Post #1,315 of 1,613
Yes you don’t need to do it….instead you must do it! 😁
Now you just sound like that little voice inside my head. :wink:

The difference in $ between the two is going to be less than the anxiety and stress I will go through wondering how much better Immanis is.
I could not have said it any better myself. This was the exact reasoning I used when I decided on DNA Stellaris over Stratus.

Apr 25, 2024 at 4:55 PM Post #1,317 of 1,613
IMG_6491.jpeg
IMG_6490.jpeg

Arrived today....
I listened for an hour or two but tomorrow will be more to that.... also v.s the SR1b on
With several amps ( saeq Hyperion and the new 300b Auris headonia! )
Very exciting times indeed.

Apr 25, 2024 at 5:24 PM Post #1,319 of 1,613
IMG_6491.jpegIMG_6490.jpeg

Arrived today....
I listened for an hour or two but tomorrow will be more to that.... also v.s the SR1b on
Exciting to have another impression from a quiet listening environment coming. What will you be comparing them to other than SR1b? Also could you post more pretty pics like this?

Apr 25, 2024 at 5:39 PM Post #1,320 of 1,613
IMG_6491.jpegIMG_6490.jpeg

Arrived today....
A little hard to tell from the photos but judging from what looks like gold-colored grills, these would be the Immanis and not the Magnas, correct? I would imagine you are having a great time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back