RAAL 1995 headphones, Magna and Immanis
Apr 8, 2024 at 9:20 AM Post #946 of 2,379
That's what 2 men can do, maybe he got 20 at disposal? :)
One can always hope...
Let’s just hope that there’s “A Few Good Men” 😁

Apr 8, 2024 at 9:28 AM Post #947 of 2,379
I still didn't get in line and wait for my Corina to sell first.

Now I wonder wether I should get in line regardless before the waiting times explode

Apr 8, 2024 at 9:36 AM Post #948 of 2,379
I plan to go for Immanis only next year and am bit worried about the waittimes already, I suspect the wait times can go through the roof, since unlike previous RAAL designs, its not a niche product anymore due to superb design alone.

Apr 8, 2024 at 10:04 AM Post #950 of 2,379
At least one of us @ThanatosVI @Leto Dal @nfandi should get one, we all have an Envy and could maybe arrange to borrow the Immanis for a few days to each other.
There's also the Magna. A bit less talk about that one in comparison to the Immanis, it looks the same, the price is 1/3 less, is the run on it also that high?
I would love to see a proper review of either one of those.
I highly suspect that the popularity won't be as high as that of the Tungsten (simply because of the price), but i also highly suspect that the frequency of Raal making them won't be as quick as Ryan from Modhouse can make his headphones.
For me personally the Susvara will be hard to beat, maybe not in the pure technical aspect, but i learned to love this headphone over the 2 years i own it know and would seriously miss its musicality...
Also, another thing i learned: Technicalities are nice, but at a certain point you don't care about them as much anymore, at least i do. The tonality of a headphone of that caliber (and price) has to hit the perfect sweet spot without anything problematic for the personal taste.

Apr 8, 2024 at 10:09 AM Post #951 of 2,379
For me personally the Susvara will be hard to beat, maybe not in the pure technical aspect, but i learned to love this headphone over the 2 years i own it know and would seriously miss its musicality...
A couple of people that I know of who attended Canjam Singapore, felt that the Immanis is better than Susvara.

Apr 8, 2024 at 10:16 AM Post #952 of 2,379
A couple of people that I know of who attended Canjam Singapore, felt that the Immanis is better than Susvara.
As i mentioned, better in what way? Only technicalities? Tonality? Musicality? Lushness? Bass texture? The Susvara is such a great all-in-one package without any weakness when properly driven.
I can listen to music that's not that well recorded and still highly enjoy it.
Again, at that price personal preference plays a huge role, for example i disliked both Warwick systems and they are both "better" than a Susvara in an objective and purely technical way. I personally also dislike a too forward midrange and like more air, that's what the Susvara offers.
Maybe i should try to attend Highend Munich again purely for those Raals, i'm sure they have both models on display, but honestly, you kinda need time and your personal setup to fully evaluate a headphone...

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2024 at 10:23 AM Post #953 of 2,379
At least one of us should get one
Well, I will get one, that's already decided. It's more like I was planning to do that after my Corina is sold or sometime next year (whatever happens first) and like Leto I'm already worried about the queue at that time.

Apr 8, 2024 at 10:24 AM Post #954 of 2,379
At least one of us @ThanatosVI @Leto Dal @nfandi should get one, we all have an Envy and could maybe arrange to borrow the Immanis for a few days to each other.
There's also the Magna. A bit less talk about that one in comparison to the Immanis, it looks the same, the price is 1/3 less, is the run on it also that high?
I would love to see a proper review of either one of those.
I highly suspect that the popularity won't be as high as that of the Tungsten (simply because of the price), but i also highly suspect that the frequency of Raal making them won't be as quick as Ryan from Modhouse can make his headphones.
Also, another thing i learned: Technicalities are nice, but at a certain point you don't care about them as much anymore, at least i do. The tonality of a headphone of that caliber (and price) has to hit the perfect sweet spot without anything problematic for the personal taste.
Well. I would love to get my hands on a demo unit for a 3-4 days. Would make an indepth comparison with Susvara and Caldera with a review, should anyone be interested. Have access to plenty of sources too, including Wandla, Wavedream, Holo May and amps like Bliss, Envy, Euphoria and Ha-3a.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2024 at 10:25 AM Post #955 of 2,379
As i mentioned, better in what way? Only technicalities? Tonality? Musicality? Lushness? The Susvara is such a great all-in-one package without any weakness when properly driven.
Again, at that price personal preference plays a huge role, for example i disliked both Warwick systems and they are both "better" than a Susvara in an objective and purely technical way. I personally also dislike a too forward midrange and like more air, that's what the Susvara offers.
Maybe i should try to attend Highend Munich again purely for those Raals, i'm sure they have both models on display, but honestly, you kinda need time and your personal setup to fully evaluate a headphone...
They told me In every aspect. It’s their opinion and I haven’t had any experience with Immanis. Of course I agree with you that personal preference comes into play as with any audio gear and your opinion may differ when you had the chance to listen to Immanis. Would love to hear your thoughts if you’re able to try them in Munich.

I myself sold my Suvara, SR1a and 1266 TC (well nobody wanted to buy TC in my country so it remains in my stable) because I feel CA1a (w/ Mitch filter) combines every good aspect of those 3 headphones into one.

Apr 8, 2024 at 10:30 AM Post #956 of 2,379
I myself sold my Suvara, SR1a and 1266 TC (well nobody wanted to buy TC in my country so it remains in my stable) because I feel CA1a (w/ Mitch filter) combines every good aspect of those 3 headphones into one.
If that doesn't speak for the quality of the Ca-1a then I don't know what does.

Apr 8, 2024 at 10:32 AM Post #957 of 2,379
Well, I will get one, that's already decided. It's more like I was planning to do that after my Corina is sold or sometime next year (whatever happens first) and like Leto I'm already worried about the queue at that time.
Wow... That's (maybe) more than 8 months into the future and you're worried about the queue? Oh boy, these things really must be the premium version of the Tungsten...
You may be right though, after Highend Munich and various other events people with the funds that crave the next big thing are probably very interested (like us, LOL). Furthermore the energizer problem is non-existent compared to the Shangri-La / Stax.

I always wanted to check out the CA-1a but the pads are just looking so disappointing, and honestly cheap...
The Magna and Immanis look like the finalized headphone that really takes a step forward in terms of look and (probably) feel, exactly what you would expect from a TOTL priced headphone.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2024 at 10:40 AM Post #958 of 2,379
As i mentioned, better in what way? Only technicalities? Tonality? Musicality? Lushness? Bass texture? The Susvara is such a great all-in-one package without any weakness when properly driven.
Try this quote from Singapore by Sajid Amit…he mentions more than technicalities…

While they are unmistakably Raal in their speed, texture, resolution, and airiness; these babies have a very realistic bass impact, a tonally rich midrange, and a certain spookiness to how images just materialize from an inky black void. Everything just seems to flow, with vivid lifelike imaging, and certain cohesiveness that for the first time in 2 years made me miss full-size headphones. These do what no IEMs can. I recently brought in the Susvara and the Utopia and I prefer my IEMs to both. But the Immanis are a different beast. They are probably the best headphones on the market at present.

Apr 8, 2024 at 10:42 AM Post #959 of 2,379
Ooof, ok, i adore his Susvara review, welp, time to save up cash i guess...
Time will tell.
@ThanatosVI already made me buy the Valkyria. Yikes.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2024 at 10:49 AM Post #960 of 2,379
Ooof, ok, i adore his Susvara review, welp, time to save up cash i guess...
Time will tell.
@ThanatosVI already made me buy the Valkyria. Yikes.
You don’t always have to do what ThanatosVI says…….but in this case if he tells you to get Immanis I think you should do what he says…🤔🍺

Users who are viewing this thread

Back