R5, a new Android DAP by Hiby
Feb 24, 2022 at 5:01 AM Post #4,263 of 4,421
Interesting! Anyway, why would you wish to get the original battery when they don't seem to last long?!

How long were batteries lasting before giving problems?
I think I’ve owned my player for around 2 years. Extremely minimal use but purchased from a forum member.

For me, the battery was always just poor. A few hours of use on balanced. The last 3 times I used it I would say, the battery would say it was one percentage, then display another. Plugged in it would magically jump 70%. That kind of behaviour. Left it charging a few hours and returned to a player very difficult to remove from the leather case… then found it was swollen and had shattered the back.

Explains the issues though right 🤣

Feb 24, 2022 at 8:02 AM Post #4,264 of 4,421
Cracking news! Was it literally just pry it gently out adhesive wise and swap? Will give it a try I think
Yes. I was apprehensive about prying the old battery out as I didn't know what components may be stuck to its backside. Turned out it is double sided tape and very tacky. Once pried out it was snip the wires, solder the new ones and viola'! Back to normal.

Feb 24, 2022 at 8:03 AM Post #4,265 of 4,421
Yes. I was apprehensive about prying the old battery out as I didn't know what components may be stuck to its backside. Turned out it is double sided tape and very tacky. Once pried out it was snip the wires, solder the new ones and viola'! Back to normal.
Congrats on the new normal R5 with a viola stuck inside 😅

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 24, 2022 at 8:05 AM Post #4,266 of 4,421
Interesting! Anyway, why would you wish to get the original battery when they don't seem to last long?!

How long were batteries lasting before giving problems?
The original battery lasted about 2 1/2 years I believe before acting oddly.
Congrats on the new normal R5 with a viola stuck inside 😅
I knew I shouldn't try that voila' word... too early in the AM.

Mar 30, 2022 at 4:07 PM Post #4,269 of 4,421
Does anyone know where playlists are stored on the R5?
Thinking of upgrading and would like to copy my playlists over.
Thanks for your help.
If you're referring to the playlists you create in the Hiby music player, I believe that they are stored in the player's internal database. However, if you long press on a playlist, you'll get a popup menu that allows you to "backup playlist to local..." for either an absolute path or a relative path. If you select that, it'll write an .m3u file into the HibyMusic/Playlist folder either on your internal storage or your SD card depending on which one you choose when you do the export.

At least, that's how it works on my R6 2020.

Mar 30, 2022 at 4:10 PM Post #4,270 of 4,421
If you're referring to the playlists you create in the Hiby music player, I believe that they are stored in the player's internal database. However, if you long press on a playlist, you'll get a popup menu that allows you to "backup playlist to local..." for either an absolute path or a relative path. If you select that, it'll write an .m3u file into the HibyMusic/Playlist folder either on your internal storage or your SD card depending on which one you choose when you do the export.

At least, that's how it works on my R6 2020.
Superb! Many thanks 🙂

Apr 11, 2022 at 3:12 PM Post #4,271 of 4,421
Shockingly, it works!
Finally replaced the battery in mine as well. I bought the same battery, but mine seemed to take extra long to arrive. Turns out, that it actually arrived a month ago, but I didn't see the package until last week, so I guess that's on me.

My R5 doesn't seem to charge beyond 95% now, but everything else seems to be working great.

Apr 11, 2022 at 10:25 PM Post #4,274 of 4,421
Hello, I have hiby r5 since November 2020 and I am satisfied with it but since today I have a problem.

When I walk, it turns itself off, either restarts or does not restart.
I have tried everything to see what it could be, not the SD card, not the software, not a particular app, it really seems to be inside, yet I take care not to damage it.

Has anyone had this problem before? Thanks

Apr 11, 2022 at 11:03 PM Post #4,275 of 4,421
Small details

Plugged in or unplugged, when it is not moving, no cut, only when I move.

However, I tried plugging it into an external battery, it hasn't cut off once so far. So it's the battery? On the other hand it is only the battery if it is? I find it weird that it does this to me, only when I move.

Lately the battery has been behaving slightly odd but not alarming, and no swelling

Update

By shaking it up and down, it turns off connected or unplugged

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back