R5, a new Android DAP by Hiby
Feb 5, 2022 at 10:40 PM Post #4,231 of 4,418
Yes, correct. I thought maybe it would work like Roon where the convolution file is resampled to match the playback rate. Maybe that's too much processing for Android.
It downsamples high sample rates to 44.1kHz and convolves it with the file. Which would have worked just as well (since a convolution file upsampled from 44.1kHz to 96kHz would have frequencies above 22.05kHz passed out just as much as a 96kHz music file downsampled to 44.1kHz), and should have worked. What's the sample rate you were actually playing?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 6, 2022 at 7:35 AM Post #4,232 of 4,418
It downsamples high sample rates to 44.1kHz and convolves it with the file. Which would have worked just as well (since a convolution file upsampled from 44.1kHz to 96kHz would have frequencies above 22.05kHz passed out just as much as a 96kHz music file downsampled to 44.1kHz), and should have worked. What's the sample rate you were actually playing?

It was 192 kHz. The status bar rate did change to 44.1 but as I said the music skipped about every second or so. I'l experiment a bit more with different sample rates. Would the 48 kHz convolver file be better? The 44.1 file seemed like the best choice as much of my local library is CD quality flac. Of course, streaming is a mixed bag, other than Spotify.

Feb 6, 2022 at 1:27 PM Post #4,233 of 4,418
It was 192 kHz. The status bar rate did change to 44.1 but as I said the music skipped about every second or so. I'l experiment a bit more with different sample rates. Would the 48 kHz convolver file be better? The 44.1 file seemed like the best choice as much of my local library is CD quality flac. Of course, streaming is a mixed bag, other than Spotify.

I did some more testing. It seems to work OK with 44.1, 48, 88.2 and 176.4 kHz files. It definitely skips on 96 and 192 kHz. This is using local files from an SD card.

Feb 8, 2022 at 10:45 PM Post #4,235 of 4,418
I ordered a replacement battery off Ali Express. I'll see if this remedies the issues.
Let us know how it goes.

If it works, it would be great if you could share the battery link and any videos you used to help figure out what to do. Or perhaps give us some tips.

I am leaning to sending my unit in for repairs. The supply chain is what is holding me back.

Feb 14, 2022 at 4:13 PM Post #4,238 of 4,418
Hello everyone, excuse my ignorance, but where can I configure the hiby r5 saber so that the themes can pass in an orderly way because it was changed to random or out of order and I cannot configure it, I would appreciate it.

Feb 14, 2022 at 5:32 PM Post #4,239 of 4,418
My battery expanded and shattered my glass back the other day. Explains why I was experiencing battery issues at least lol. Any chance you could link once you receive yours? Thanks!
There have been reports of expanding batteries in the past. I think reaching out to HiBy support makes sense. They really should be supporting those who have damage because of component issues like those. I suppose they probably aren't required to do so for out of warranty units but it seems like the right thing to do.

Feb 17, 2022 at 12:39 AM Post #4,241 of 4,418
My battery expanded and shattered my glass back the other day. Explains why I was experiencing battery issues at least lol. Any chance you could link once you receive yours? Thanks!
Damn. Sorry that happened. Same thing happened to my first one-battery swelled and popped the glass off. I have pix on here way back in this thread but of no consequence. Apos sent me a new one but now that one is acting strangely. Hope the new battery fixes things. I'll let you guys know once it's here and I've performed surgery.

Feb 17, 2022 at 2:13 PM Post #4,242 of 4,418
There have been reports of expanding batteries in the past. I think reaching out to HiBy support makes sense. They really should be supporting those who have damage because of component issues like those. I suppose they probably aren't required to do so for out of warranty units but it seems like the right thing to do.
Yeah I’ve reached out regardless but it was purchased from a user on here. I will be SOL in terms of warranty. Just have a dead player for now until a potential self fix it seems

Feb 17, 2022 at 2:20 PM Post #4,243 of 4,418
I ordered a replacement battery off Ali Express. I'll see if this remedies the issues.
I have an R5 that has battery issues too and is out of warranty. I've been reluctant to send it back for repair due to supply delays and the lunar new year.
Saw your post and ordered a replacement myself. It's going to be another wait though, the battery isn't due to arrive until end of April.

Feb 17, 2022 at 11:12 PM Post #4,244 of 4,418
I have an R5 that has battery issues too and is out of warranty. I've been reluctant to send it back for repair due to supply delays and the lunar new year.
Saw your post and ordered a replacement myself. It's going to be another wait though, the battery isn't due to arrive until end of April.
Did u order from AE? I don't have an estimated delivery date yet...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back