R5, a new Android DAP by Hiby
Feb 10, 2021 at 1:01 AM Post #3,616 of 4,421
First I connected my Facebook account to Tidal in PC (logged out and connected to Tidal via Facebook). Then I logged in to Facebook with my Hiby R5 (I had to grant some permissions to Google Services first (Contacts, Phone, Storage). Then I logged in to Tidal via Facebook in my Hiby R5.

First I connected my Facebook account to Tidal in PC (logged out and logged in to Tidal via Facebook). Then I logged in to Facebook with my Hiby R5 (I had to grant some permissions to Google Services first (Contacts, Phone, Storage). Then I logged in to Tidal via Facebook in my Hiby R5.
Thank you very much MargusL, I did exactly what you say and I was able to enter Tidal with the facebook login. I will cancel the apple ID Hifi suscription and will maintain the facebook one. Thank you! :)

Feb 10, 2021 at 1:08 AM Post #3,617 of 4,421
Hey,

does anyone have this kind of an issue?
I set the r5 back to factory defaults and now i have the following issue :
I can't turn the r5 on, the screen remains black.
When i try to charge the r5, the r5 remains in the yellow "hiby" logo loop…but i can't start the device..

I tried to force a hard rest with pushing the volume up button +the power button but unfortunately, it didn't help.

How can i solve this issue?

Cheers

Feb 10, 2021 at 8:58 PM Post #3,618 of 4,421
You should be able to reset the R5 simply by holding the power button by itself for 20 seconds or so.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 11, 2021 at 4:30 AM Post #3,619 of 4,421
Darn. I just got logged out of Tidal on my R5 (session expired error) and now can’t log back in :frowning2:

After entering my email address I get taken to a captcha and can’t get any further.

logging in with my Apple ID also fails.

It sounds like a few different DAPs are having the same issue. Hope it’s sorted soon!

EDIT: Seems to be a problem on all devices, including web and desktop. Not just Hiby/DAP related this time.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2021 at 5:13 AM Post #3,620 of 4,421
Darn. I just got logged out of Tidal on my R5 (session expired error) and now can’t log back in :frowning2:

After entering my email address I get taken to a captcha and can’t get any further.

It sounds like a few different DAPs are having the same issue. Hope it’s sorted soon!

EDIT: Seems to be a problem on all devices, including web and desktop. Not just Hiby/DAP related this time.
People were able to log in by tying their TIDAL account to a facebook account and logging in via facebook on the TIDAL app...

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Feb 11, 2021 at 5:29 AM Post #3,621 of 4,421
People were able to log in by tying their TIDAL account to a facebook account and logging in via facebook on the TIDAL app...

I don’t have a Facebook account to tie to tidal.

It wouldn’t work at the moment anyway:It appears Tidal is currently down worldwide.

Feb 11, 2021 at 6:26 AM Post #3,622 of 4,421

Same here, don’t use FB either. I’ve neglected my offline music collection. I guess it’s time to get back in to it lol.

Feb 11, 2021 at 10:44 PM Post #3,626 of 4,421
No : ( I already tried the 90 secound hold but it didnt help. I still cant break the loop during the boot up..
But thank you for your help anyway! =)
do email service@hiby.com and see what they say, although they are on holiday at the moment.

Feb 12, 2021 at 3:27 AM Post #3,627 of 4,421
Try holding the volume up button while booting, it should get you into recovery mode that says "No Command" with a picture of an android with a red triangle above. From there, hold power and press volume up and you'll get the recovery menu. Start by just wiping the cache; if that doesn't help then you can do a "wipe data/factory reset", but this will of course wipe all your data etc, including from the internal sdcard storage (you might want to remove any external sd first just in case!)

Feb 12, 2021 at 5:34 AM Post #3,628 of 4,421
Is there a way to force LDAC use “Optimize for Quality” profile instead of “Best Effort”
I’ve tested it with developer menu, it works flawlessly, but each time I connect to device (BTA30 or WH-1000XM4) I have to change it through menu. And yes, the difference between them are really noticeable.

Feb 17, 2021 at 5:29 AM Post #3,629 of 4,421
Hello.
I am coming to describe my problem to you in the hope that one of you will have a solution. My HiBy R5 does not start anymore.
When I try, the device always turns off after displaying the HiBy Music logo.
I tried everything via recovery mode: wipe cache, data, factory reset, mount /system ... Nothing works.
When the device is plugged, it is discharging. I have already contacted HiBy Company, but they are in holydays...

Feb 18, 2021 at 9:10 AM Post #3,630 of 4,421
Hello.
I am coming to describe my problem to you in the hope that one of you will have a solution. My HiBy R5 does not start anymore.
When I try, the device always turns off after displaying the HiBy Music logo.
I tried everything via recovery mode: wipe cache, data, factory reset, mount /system ... Nothing works.
When the device is plugged, it is discharging. I have already contacted HiBy Company, but they are in holydays...
I've finally managed to start it up...
But the device automatically shuts down after a few moment (sometimes right after start up, sometimes after several minutes)...
I have no idea where the issue is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back