R5, a new Android DAP by Hiby
Feb 5, 2021 at 8:07 AM Post #3,601 of 4,410
I can' login into Tidal. It will give me an error: Something went wrong etc. Strange is, I can login and use Tidal via USB Audio Player Pro. How can I solve this? Firmware is latest (1.92G).

Edit: Got finally in via Facebook, had to grant some permissions to Google Services first (Contacts, Phone, Storage).

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2021 at 6:43 PM Post #3,602 of 4,410
I can' login into Tidal. It will give me an error: Something went wrong etc. Strange is, I can login and use Tidal via USB Audio Player Pro. How can I solve this? Firmware is latest (1.92G).

Edit: Got finally in via Facebook, had to grant some permissions to Google Services first (Contacts, Phone, Storage).
I have the same problem with Tidal, and only with the R5, the rest of my devices and computers login correctly

Feb 8, 2021 at 11:04 AM Post #3,603 of 4,410
Has anyone been able to get the Convolution Plugin to work for Auto-EQ? If so, were you able to get it to work for 44 & 48 MHz phases? Is there also a way to save Convolution presets (similar to Roon) for different headphones & iems? or do you have to upload the Convolution wav file anytime you want to use the specified headphone/iem?

Feb 8, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #3,604 of 4,410

" I have the same problem on login my Tidal on my 2 DAPs (Hiby R6 and Cayin N6ii) since Feb 6, Sat. It said something went wrong and contact system support. (Which gave no assistance at all)

There were no login problem on my 2 DAPs before.

While I could login my Tidal on my Samsung Mobile phone, it is kind of strange.

Does anyone know any reason of the problem? Relating to Android?

Feb 8, 2021 at 11:06 PM Post #3,606 of 4,410
I have the same problem with Tidal, and only with the R5, the rest of my devices and computers login correctly
I also cannot login to Tidal anymore on my R5. I tried older Tidal versions and that did not work. All other devices I have work fine with Tidal. It is very annoying. I do not have Facebook to go that login route as others are doing. I did try the Apple login route but that did not work.

Feb 8, 2021 at 11:15 PM Post #3,607 of 4,410
@Joe Bloggs is this Tidal login issue with R5 a known issue Hiby is looking into?

Feb 9, 2021 at 12:16 AM Post #3,608 of 4,410
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 9, 2021 at 9:21 AM Post #3,609 of 4,410
Yes, we are aware of the issue and are waiting for TIDAL's reply.
Thank you. It seems to be happening with certain DAPS out there. I read sprinklings of it in different DAP threads.

Feb 9, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #3,610 of 4,410
Hi, I also have the same problem with my "new Hiby R6 2020 DAP".
Does anyone has already achieved to solved it? When I try to login to Tidal with apple ID I got the following message. 403 Error Request could not be satisfied. Request blocked. We cant connect to the server for this app or website at this time. there might be too much traffic or a configuration error. try again later, or contact the app or website owner. Cloudfront error. The same happens with the "facebook login"... and if I try the "User and password login" the following error appears in pink "Something went wrong. Please try again. If the error persist contact customer service"... I hope there is a solution for it... this is my usb transport to the DAC. Have a nice day! MA

Feb 9, 2021 at 6:28 PM Post #3,611 of 4,410
Hey,

does anyone have this kind of an issue?
I set the r5 back to factory defaults and now i have the following issue :
I can't turn the r5 on, the screen remains black.
When i try to charge the r5, the r5 remains in the yellow "hiby" logo loop…but i can't start the device..

I tried to force a hard rest with pushing the volume up button +the power button but unfortunately, it didn't help.

How can i solve this issue?

Cheers

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2021 at 7:22 PM Post #3,612 of 4,410
Hey,

does anyone has this kind of an issue?
I set the r5 back to factory defaults and now i have the following issue :
I can't turn the r5 on, the screen remains black.
When i try to charge the r5, the r5 remains in the yellow "hiby" logo loop…but i can't start the device..

I tried to force a hard rest with pushing the volume up button +the power button but unfortunately, it didn't help.

How can i solve this issue?

Cheers
Try holding down the power button for like 90 seconds. I think that may provide the hard reset.

Feb 10, 2021 at 12:24 AM Post #3,614 of 4,410
Hi, I also have the same problem with my "new Hiby R6 2020 DAP".
Does anyone has already achieved to solved it? When I try to login to Tidal with apple ID I got the following message. 403 Error Request could not be satisfied. Request blocked. We cant connect to the server for this app or website at this time. there might be too much traffic or a configuration error. try again later, or contact the app or website owner. Cloudfront error. The same happens with the "facebook login"... and if I try the "User and password login" the following error appears in pink "Something went wrong. Please try again. If the error persist contact customer service"... I hope there is a solution for it... this is my usb transport to the DAC. Have a nice day! MA
First I connected my Facebook account to Tidal in PC (logged out and logged in to Tidal via Facebook). Then I logged in to Facebook with my Hiby R5 (I had to grant some permissions to Google Services first (Contacts, Phone, Storage). Then I logged in to Tidal via Facebook in my Hiby R5.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2021 at 1:00 AM Post #3,615 of 4,410
First I connected my Facebook account to Tidal in PC (logged out and connected to Tidal via Facebook). Then I logged in to Facebook with my Hiby R5 (I had to grant some permissions to Google Services first (Contacts, Phone, Storage). Then I logged in to Tidal via Facebook in my Hiby R5.

First I connected my Facebook account to Tidal in PC (logged out and logged in to Tidal via Facebook). Then I logged in to Facebook with my Hiby R5 (I had to grant some permissions to Google Services first (Contacts, Phone, Storage). Then I logged in to Tidal via Facebook in my Hiby R5.

Thanks, I finally login to my Tidal account by using the Facebook.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back