R5, a new Android DAP by Hiby
Oct 14, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #1,036 of 4,410
BTW, I have Play Services background activity turned off. Everything seems to work just fine with it off.

Oct 14, 2019 at 9:38 PM Post #1,038 of 4,410
I hope you guys find a suitable setting with consensus that plays well with google services and battery life. @lovezmuzic please try the above mentioned setting and see if that resolves your issue. I am so tempted to get this ... very!

Oct 14, 2019 at 9:48 PM Post #1,039 of 4,410
I hope you guys find a suitable setting with consensus that plays well with google services and battery life. @lovezmuzic please try the above mentioned setting and see if that resolves your issue. I am so tempted to get this ... very!

20191014_214746.jpg

Oct 14, 2019 at 10:38 PM Post #1,040 of 4,410
There's nothing "untrue" about a line out that allows volume adjustment.

In fact, the volume control of all these players (R3, R5, R6, R6pro) is part of the DAC chip, not the amplifier.

And while there may be some loss of signal/noise ratio at very low volume levels, this is not because of any digital bit chopping--rather, it's simply that the DAC has a partly fixed (loooow) noise floor above which dynamic range rises and falls depending on volume.

So while it's true that you get theoretical 100% dynamic range by outputting at 100% volume, don't hesitate to turn down the volume on the R5 in line out mode if your amp's volume is getting fiddly or unbalanced in a low range.

Because of this reputation of "fake" line out, many manufacturers choose to deliberately disable the volume control functionality of any line out option.

We at HiBy don't believe in disabling any functionality because of rumours.
I often use the R5 line out into various amplifiers-car head unit, home theater, etc and wanted to know if it matters if the gain is high or low. It actually sounds the same whether I'm using LO or headphone out at full volume.

Oct 15, 2019 at 2:47 AM Post #1,041 of 4,410
I often use the R5 line out into various amplifiers-car head unit, home theater, etc and wanted to know if it matters if the gain is high or low. It actually sounds the same whether I'm using LO or headphone out at full volume.
For me, LO and PO sounds different. LO is like no color added sound output while PO you can hear more color sound output. So if I use with amp, I prefer LO better (with HUM MA-1B 4.4mm Fully Balanced input/output)

Oct 15, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #1,042 of 4,410
You on the latest firmware? Google is eating battery? I never had any problems like that but I thought they fixed it in the last update. People said turn all permissions off, but joe bloggs said turn them all on.

Sucks, maybe someone can help?

I did have a weird thing when I updated hiby app, that after I closed it googke reported it using battery and the light wasn't going off. I force quit the app and restarted it and it's been fine. Weird.

So as suggested i turned on all permissions also turned on background usage turned on wifi and conncected to charger in morning, much much better results. It was like play was fighting back lol.
Here are some screen shots
20191015_231733.jpg 20191015_231711.jpg 20191015_231646.jpg
As of now looks good may be will get better.

Thank you guys i was literally worried about this:beerchug:

Oct 15, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #1,043 of 4,410
So as suggested i turned on all permissions also turned on background usage turned on wifi and conncected to charger in morning, much much better results. It was like play was fighting back lol.
Here are some screen shots

As of now looks good may be will get better.

Thank you guys i was literally worried about this:beerchug:

Now you will get hardly any discharge overnight. Good to hear it :)

Oct 15, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #1,047 of 4,410
Oh wait, so the r5 doesn’t allow for root access? I hope hiby turns MSEB into a systemwide feature. The hiby r3 can do that
There is no retail root, no. Maybe you can root it, but I didn't try.

I heard a rumor from a good source that systemwide MSEB might be included soon

Sth else.
Does someone use this FiiO case for the hiby and earphones or another player? I would like to hear some experiences, especially regarding the magnetic snap closing mechanism..
This looks like a perfect type of case (if it was not red!)

1846463.jpg

https://www.fiio.com/productinfo/279607.html

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #1,048 of 4,410
Like many on this thread I've found the screen protector that comes with the R5
a pile of pants. I removed it today and replaced it with a cut down version of the below bought from fleabay.
It works soo much better.

SAMSUNG Galaxy S10 Screen Protector TPU FULL Cover FILM Plastic - 100% Clear

Oct 15, 2019 at 4:33 PM Post #1,049 of 4,410
Like many on this thread I've found the screen protector that comes with the R5
a pile of pants. I removed it today and replaced it with a cut down version of the below bought from fleabay.
It works soo much better.

SAMSUNG Galaxy S10 Screen Protector TPU FULL Cover FILM Plastic - 100% Clear
When you took off the screen protector did the screen have more contrast?

Oct 15, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #1,050 of 4,410
When you took off the screen protector did the screen have more contrast?

Allow to throw my 2 cents in also, the screen protector is like a rubberized mess with a ton of adhesive on it. The contrast did improve when I removed mine. I had a picture of it in a crumpled ball way back in the thread so you could see just what material it was composed of.

I've personally never seen one so soft and rubbery. I've just been making do without one, but I'd like to get a good tempered glass one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back