R5, a new Android DAP by Hiby
Sep 29, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #781 of 4,421
After some hours or listening(even now) this is so good and transparent easily the best i have heard till now given i have heard only 2(fiio X3 ,Ibasso dx120). I cant talk about sound stage yet but i can talk about imaging which is awesome, one example god of war soundtrack Witch of the woods the string goes left to right so precisely, bass goes deep and not sloppy i have to say i feel like this drives isine 10 with authority. Detailing is very good. if bass is chunks of cheese then detail is sharp knifes cutting through those coming towards listener hehe

The eq works very nicely, doesn't work with dsd native or dop only thing if the line above eq sliders is what happening when i adjust bands the between frequency wants to stay in middle. Can we save presets? I cant find a option

Cant find filter settings need some help to find it

How is jetaudio plus app will it play in same quality as hiby player

Standby(not power off) time for me in 1day 7hrs battery reduced by 5%, turned off the blue led completely

Sep 29, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #783 of 4,421
After some hours or listening(even now) this is so good and transparent easily the best i have heard till now given i have heard only 2(fiio X3 ,Ibasso dx120). I cant talk about sound stage yet but i can talk about imaging which is awesome, one example god of war soundtrack Witch of the woods the string goes left to right so precisely, bass goes deep and not sloppy i have to say i feel like this drives isine 10 with authority. Detailing is very good. if bass is chunks of cheese then detail is sharp knifes cutting through those coming towards listener hehe

The eq works very nicely, doesn't work with dsd native or dop only thing if the line above eq sliders is what happening when i adjust bands the between frequency wants to stay in middle. Can we save presets? I cant find a option

Cant find filter settings need some help to find it

How is jetaudio plus app will it play in same quality as hiby player

Standby(not power off) time for me in 1day 7hrs battery reduced by 5%, turned off the blue led completely

Did you update it yet? The filter settings should be under the audio settings. But that was after the last update.

Sep 29, 2019 at 10:15 PM Post #785 of 4,421

All the genre EQ settings will remember and modifications you make to them, so you have in effect 9 EQ preset slots.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 30, 2019 at 4:25 AM Post #786 of 4,421
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx1...s-zx300-private-meaurement-from-weibo.916092/

8558f5b3ly1g7fgrger52j20gd0cqgnu.jpg

the guy hasnt revealed which is which yet but some people there pretty much confirm :

A- ibasso dx160, B- Shanling M6 , C- Fiio M11 , D- Hiby R5 , E- Sony ZX300

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2019 at 6:36 AM Post #787 of 4,421
Sep 30, 2019 at 8:00 AM Post #789 of 4,421
just figures really to help ppl decide as they r somewhat different from what manufacturers claimed to be .

Probably different because different equipment was used for the measurements. The measurements are all very good reguardless and any differences you hear in sound is due to implementation and tuning.

And of course the general accuracy can't be confirmed without controlled multiple tests with calibrated equipment. Anyways measurements don't tell you how it sounds, just how it performs with a test signal - sometimes without load.

The specs on modern daps are pretty much beyond human hearing, meaning they produce inaudible noise and distortion and can produce snr that would shatter your eardrums to realize them. Plus now with the Japanese hd audio certification signals are measured beyond the range of human hearing- I guess in case one of us is a mutant and can hear 80khz :wink:

Anyways interesting to look at, but always best to plug your iems and cans in and listen for yourself. Every decent modern dap or phone is going to produce good results on a test load or signal.

Sep 30, 2019 at 9:00 AM Post #790 of 4,421
just figures really to help ppl decide as they r somewhat different from what manufacturers claimed to be .
thanks for the explanation, I did not understand right away
thought it was a standard specification

Sep 30, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #791 of 4,421
I'm having a weird issue about charging R5. If I use my Samsung S10e's charger, it will charge for just a second and will stop. If I connect it to my computer or powerbank via USB cable, it is charging fine. Seems like I can only charge my R5 via USB cable with computer/powerbank. Is this similar to the "fast charging" issue you are having @abitdeef ?

Sep 30, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #792 of 4,421
I'm having a weird issue about charging R5. If I use my Samsung S10e's charger, it will charge for just a second and will stop. If I connect it to my computer or powerbank via USB cable, it is charging fine. Seems like I can only charge my R5 via USB cable with computer/powerbank. Is this similar to the "fast charging" issue you are having @abitdeef ?

It's exactly the same, I guess it's not compatible with the 10e's charger. I've asked for someone to give me the name of a charger that works for fast charging.

So far no answers, I don't know if it can be fixed in firmware or not. But I'd love to be able to fast charge it. On a side note I love the 10e :) I'm not a guy that likes a tablet sized phone, so this is perfect for me.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #793 of 4,421
It's exactly the same, I guess it's not compatible with the 10e's charger. I've asked for someone to give me the name of a charger that works for fast charging.

So far no answers, I don't know if it can be fixed in firmware or not. But I'd love to be able to fast charge it. On a side note I love the 10e :) I'm not a guy that likes a tablet sized phone, so this is perfect for me.
I have lgg7 the charger works fine with R5 but dont know if it is fast charging or not it not showing as per charging time i will confirm tomorrow as i am planning to use it full day at office

Sep 30, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #794 of 4,421

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0119BUJDQ?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

I hope that link takes. This one works for fast charging using R5 & M9.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back