R5, a new Android DAP by Hiby
Sep 9, 2019 at 5:15 AM Post #361 of 4,418
You were missing something if you thought the app would now work system wide. It's still the same app.

That would be a whole other level. But the es100 essentially does this, so it is possible. @HiByMusic something to consider. @Joe Bloggs system wide eq under your apps. You could make it specific for your devices only. A selling point to differentiate yourself from your partners. Something to think about!
Again, i was going of what hiby published

https://imgur.com/a/HSAlizR

It states EQ adjustments 10 bands ... doesn't say limited to the native app

Sep 9, 2019 at 5:15 AM Post #362 of 4,418
Could I use a cipher cable on this through the usb c? I have an LCD-i4 and not having system wide EQ would be a pain in the butt since it requires eq to sound normal. I don't use EQ much otherwise.

Yes! If phones can do this, why not DAPs?
Well the es100 is quite a thing. It allows for eq over ldac which isn't normally possible. So how it's doing its work around... That's not really been done before. I think there are other system wide eq? I'm not well versed, I never really used eq much. Beyond a slight bass boost it's not a feature I ever use. In home theater same thing, bigger bass boost.

Again, i was going of what hiby published

https://imgur.com/a/HSAlizR

It states EQ adjustments 10 bands ... doesn't say limited to the native app
You do have a point there. Hey I advocated for ya, let's see if hiby comes back with something. Just because I don't need it doesn't mean I don't think it's useful. And you never know how useful something is until you have it there all the time.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2019 at 5:22 AM Post #363 of 4,418
Well the es100 is quite a thing. It allows for eq over ldac which isn't normally possible. So how it's doing its work around... That's not really been done before. I think there are other system wide eq? I'm not well versed, I never really used eq much. Beyond a slight bass boost it's not a feature I ever use. In home theater same thing, bigger bass boost.

You do have a point there. Hey I advocated for ya, let's see if hiby comes back with something. Just because I don't need it doesn't mean I don't think it's useful. And you never know how useful something is until you have it there all the time.
Nah all good mate, just with the R5, Hiby has been very 'optimistic' with their claims and i preordered based on what was advertised

In saying that though, minus the minor problems (heat and Amp circuit noise) i can't fault it. Sound is very good, especially at $600 aud, easily beats out the A&K SR15

Sep 9, 2019 at 7:17 AM Post #364 of 4,418
Just Google the socs?
It will give you benches.
Like I said, I prefer the hiby for the reasons you listed. But if someone just wants the stock player, I would be doing the world a disservice not sharing my knowledge of the SoC, and giving the nod to the m11.
I get that you love audio, but you need to learn the basics of an soc if you're going to be spending so much money on phones, daps, etc. That all use these processors.
But beyond that, I went into the actual soc cores themselves to demonstrate the m11 superiority.
Ignore the benchmark, for now as you also need some understanding of the SoC. Lots of benchmarks are theoretical and will give the nod to things you can't use real world. The SoC, It's made up of cores who's basis is designed by arm. The SoC in the m11 used two strong arm cores with 4 weak ones. The SoC in the snapdragon 625 uses 8 of the weak ones. Applications usually use 2 cores, maybe 4 tops. The rest are for background tasks. So the m11 feels so good because of the two strong cortex A73 cores. That's why I said that if we had a slightly newer snapdragon, that had those same cores, in the same configuration the m11 Exynos does it would be perfect.

Now the benches
m11-2.jpg

Fiio m11
hiby-r6.jpg

Hiby r6 expect less on r5 due to less ram.but similar performance

If you look up snapdragon 625 devices or use notebook checks average score, it's 60k.
https://www.notebookcheck.net/Qualcomm-Snapdragon-625-SoC-Benchmarks-and-Specs.175991.0.html

The faster cortex a72/cortex 53 big little combo the m11 uses from Samsung, the snapdragon version 636 is still slightly slower benchmark wise, but at that point I don't care. The configuration is good(the same between both chips ) the performance will.similar.

I don't care what you use. I just want people to know what's in what they use. So that people like Ibasso don't get rewarded for selling a crap soc, when you can get hiby with a great soc and the playstore or m11 without it but very very good soc. I would never in my life buy the m11. Doesn't mean I shouldn't let people know it's a good device. I have no brand loyalty at all. Last I checked these companies don't pay my bills. So I tell my fellow humans the objective truth. If they want to be on a particular company bandwagon because it makes them feel good that's their choice. I've specifically told fiio they are losing sales by not fixing the playstore and adding hiby dta to their products. It's mind boggling to me fiio would not join that train. Especially after Shanling just did? Just seems like they have their head in the sand.
If you could use apple as your transport the ipod touch+fiio q5s with the airplay lossless, that's a crazy combo too. But I'm moving away from iTunes since you can't use it with flac and the only app that syncs between pc and mobile with flac and meta data play count support that I can find so far is mediamonkey. If plex has this feature maybe I can get it into an open source version of it.
No one said you couldn’t provide your opinion. And now, as I requested, you provided benchmark data to back up your opinion. Excellent. Stop feeling persecuted because someone didn’t just believe you and instead asked you to back up your claim, especially when you were successfully able to do so.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #366 of 4,418
Mine finally came !! Posting this through the r5, will update with review soon, so far very pleased, except of the heat
Mine gets only

slightly warm playing lossless fIles or streaming Master files. This is using balanced output with silicone case on. Never even close to my DX200.

Sep 9, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #367 of 4,418
Mine gets only

slightly warm playing lossless fIles or streaming Master files. This is using balanced output with silicone case on. Never even close to my DX200.

Yep mine only gets slightly warm when I have it in my pocket and it's in the case. Honestly this produces less heat than any of the recent daps I've had lately- except Sony stuff, but that's because of the class D amp.

Ak sr15 got warmer, fiio m11 also did, dx220 really got warm, and colorfly u8 also got warmer, as did Shanling m5s. I also has a mojo, so stuff that gets warm doesn't freak me out :wink:

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #370 of 4,418
Hi John

At this moment we don't know as we are currently negotiating the renewal of our contract with HiBy in order to continue to sell their new products.

I will keep a note of your email and let you know once I have any updates for you.

Have a good day now.

Kind Regards,

Linda
Advanced MP3 Players Sales Team

Sep 9, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #371 of 4,418
Picked up an R5 from Musicteck today. Pretty psyched

Sep 9, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #372 of 4,418
The main problem in Europe with Hiby it's you don't have many distributors or sellers. I only know Amp3 or Amazon. IBasso, Shanling and Fiio are slot easy to find.

Sep 9, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #373 of 4,418
For the few of us lucksters that have the R5, did anybody choose the grey or gold colour? I got black myself, I do wish they had red or the r6 pro purple. I personally thought the grey and gold looked blah.

Sep 9, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #374 of 4,418
I'm getting the gray one from MT, through Amazon with one day delivery. Should be here today. It has the one piece adapter rather than the 3-piece gift set. I didn't need a bag or memory card, and I figured if there's an issue I can return it more easily.

Sep 9, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #375 of 4,418
I picked up one in black as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back