R5, a new Android DAP by Hiby
Sep 6, 2019 at 3:05 AM Post #286 of 4,421
Just find out that, power button color of Hiby R5 can be changed depending on ... file sampling rate? anyone can tell the fact about this?

Sep 6, 2019 at 3:14 AM Post #287 of 4,421
Wow... I can play DSD512 song with neutron in Hiby R5.

20190906_141157.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #293 of 4,421
Perhaps it's just me, But could you guys carry on your legal discusssion in PM, instead of this thread?
Considering it pertains to the product, which i along with others have purchased, i think it falls within the guidelines of posting on this thread.

Also, I don't see how it would be intrusive to you, or cause you any undue harm. If you have no interest in the discussion (which has clearly reached an end), you do not have to read it, move along...

Sep 6, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #294 of 4,421
Hey buddy, Have you try using the R5 as a USB DAC/AMP ? If not when you get a chance could you test it out for any issue / delays in Music / Movies etc...?

Thanks!

Ok , tried it, yes there was a delay on a movie, but the delay on youtube was almost imperceptible and didn't bother me. I did not mess with any settings on the puter either. This sounded great though.

I just checked the movie on the pc itself and the sound is slightly off, I'll try another later. I think it was more off with r5, but not sure.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #295 of 4,421
Ok , tried it, yes there was a delay on a movie, but the delay on youtube was almost imperceptible and didn't bother me. I did not mess with any settings on the puter either. This sounded great though.

I just checked the movie on the pc itself and the sound is slightly off, I'll try another later. I think it was more off with r5, but not sure.

If you use VLC Media Player, you can adjust audio sync.

Sep 6, 2019 at 6:04 PM Post #296 of 4,421
If you use VLC Media Player, you can adjust audio sync.

Thank you sir, my YouTube music vids sounded really good.

Oh, and the included screen savers are the same super soft, super sticky ones that was pre applied to the front- junk. I'll have to wait for some good ones and a leather case.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2019 at 11:06 PM Post #297 of 4,421
It's the neon version since snapdragon has neon support. Doesn't matter if your using the generic 64 bit driver, battery life is about the same, I've used them both.
I set new parameters in Nuetron by uncheck 64bit and resampling just good not audiophile now the battery life is much better.I think it can last for 9 hours. So I believe you can see my situation by set parameters like I have somehow. Neutron is the best app for Hiby R5 IMHO.

Sep 7, 2019 at 12:34 AM Post #298 of 4,421
I set new parameters in Nuetron by uncheck 64bit and resampling just good not audiophile now the battery life is much better.I think it can last for 9 hours. So I believe you can see my situation by set parameters like I have somehow. Neutron is the best app for Hiby R5 IMHO.

It's got a great peq for sure, but no nothing you can set in neutron will shave 5 hours off your battery time from normal. Maybe you had wifi going on and lots of open apps and bluetooth going. Or you just misjudged the time. Idk, but turning off 64 bit processing and changing the bit rate depth isn't going to magically add 5 hours to your run time.

Think of how ridiculous that sounds. But anyways I'm glad you're getting normal battery life.

Oh and I usually like neuton the best as a music player, but this version of hiby music sounds amazing to me. A little thinner, but clearer and better 3d positioning and space. No mseb, just a little eq boost in the sub bass to add a touch of body and warmth.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2019 at 1:48 AM Post #299 of 4,421
How do they justify that price? For $600, I'd consider it, but 900 is almost now much the wm1a cost.
Simple. It's audiophiles, the more you charge, the less they know about the product, the more they can let their imagination fill in the gap. Nevermind if they couldn't actually pick out the difference between 2 daps in a level matched blind test. Irrelevant. If a YouTuber or even a random forum goer says this dap/dac/amp combo will make your music sparkle, people will buy.
It's got a great peq for sure, but no nothing you can set in neutron will shave 5 hours off your battery time from normal. Maybe you had wifi going on and lots of open apps and bluetooth going. Or you just misjudged the time. Idk, but turning off 64 bit processing and changing the bit rate depth isn't going to magically add 5 hours to your run time.

Think of how ridiculous that sounds. But anyways I'm glad you're getting normal battery life.

Oh and I usually like neuton the best as a music player, but this version of hiby music sounds amazing to me. A little thinner, but clearer and better 3d positioning and space. No mseb, just a little eq boost in the sub bass to add a touch of body and warmth.
In a space where we regularly see people refute science, why would you be surprised? People aren't well versed in how technology works. If something sounds plausible then why not?

Most people couldn't care less about learning how technology works, they have other things more important to them.

Sep 7, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #300 of 4,421
In a space where we regularly see people refute science, why would you be surprised? People aren't well versed in how technology works. If something sounds plausible then why not?

Most people couldn't care less about learning how technology works, they have other things more important to them.
Or he could turn those settings back on and run a controlled test. Who knows. :sweat_smile:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back