Quicksilver Audio Headphone Amplifier any opinions?
Apr 28, 2021 at 10:46 AM Post #151 of 1,017
Because, in my opinion, it's the most beautiful wood :wink:

DSC6063_1024x1024@2x.jpg
It looks great. My VCs are Ironwood and my VOs are Silkwood. The weight difference is noticeable. If I did it all over I would have gone with a lighter wood for the VC.

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #152 of 1,017
May 13, 2021 at 6:57 PM Post #153 of 1,017
I'm seriously tempted by this amp but would like to hear opinions on how it performs against the WA6se if anyone had a chance to compare both. Thank you.

May 31, 2021 at 3:30 PM Post #155 of 1,017
Any updates??

Sorry for the delay. I've got some noise issues with my amp and I almost never used it because of that. I will contact the company to see if they can help me because I can barely use the amp with my Verite Closed, and it's a complete no go with my Grado because the noise issues are amplified since they are low impedance headphones. (Issues = Lots of hum/buzz and RFI) I have tried to troubleshoot the problem myself, but everything I tried so far is not really helping. I'm also suspecting that I have bad tubes, but I don't have any spare tubes to confirm.

Last edited:
May 31, 2021 at 6:39 PM Post #159 of 1,017
Sorry for the delay, I've got some noise issues with my amp and I almost never used it because of that. I will contact the company to see if they can help me because I can barely use the amp with my Verite Closed, and it's a complete no go with my Grado because the noise issues are amplify since they are low impedance headphones. (Issues = Lots of hum/buzz and RFI) I have tried to troubleshoot the problem myself but everything I tried so far is not really helping. I'm also suspecting that I have bad tubes but I don't have any spare tubes to confirm.
Oh man, that sucks! Hope you get it sorted soon.

Jun 1, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #161 of 1,017
I hope it's only one of the tubes, because otherwise it's going to be a pain for me to return the amp to the US. And I'm pretty sure that our good friends at the borders will charge me the customs fees once again.
That's always my fear with having to getting any service work done in the US, especially on anything expensive. Supposedly you can get the taxes and any duties back but you have to have full documentation and go through all kinds of hoops.

Jun 1, 2021 at 10:29 AM Post #162 of 1,017
I hope it's only one of the tubes, because otherwise it's going to be a pain for me to return the amp to the US. And I'm pretty sure that our good friends at the borders will charge me the customs fees once again.
Obviously a different amp, but I have been experiencing a similar issue with my Pendant SE and once I finally found a quiet set of power tubes, the hum was gone. I highly recommend buying power tubes from dealers that actually check for noise. Upscale Audio and Tube World Express are a couple that do just that, and here's hoping it's as easy a fix for you, as it was for me. :fingers_crossed:

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #163 of 1,017
Obviously a different amp, but I have been experiencing a similar issue with my Pendant SE and once I finally found a quiet set of power tubes, the hum was gone. I highly recommend buying power tubes from dealers that actually check for noise. Upscale Audio and Tube World Express are a couple that do just that, and here's hoping it's as easy a fix for you, as it was for me. :fingers_crossed:
Power or driver tubes: I have never had an issue with UA and TWE. 👍👍

Jun 1, 2021 at 1:07 PM Post #164 of 1,017
That's always my fear with having to getting any service work done in the US, especially on anything expensive. Supposedly you can get the taxes and any duties back but you have to have full documentation and go through all kinds of hoops.

Yeah it's pain, the last time I had to send back something for repair to the US, I ended with a $200 invoice from the Canadian customs.

Jun 1, 2021 at 1:14 PM Post #165 of 1,017

I just got some troubleshooting instructions from Mike Sanders, so I will try to see if I can isolate the problem this afternoon. Normally I'm buying my tubes from thetubestore since they are in Canada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back