Quicksilver Audio Headphone Amplifier any opinions?
Apr 21, 2021 at 4:56 PM Post #136 of 1,017
ethermalt - I was wondering how those two would get on together. I, too, have LCD-2C 'phones and have been considering an amp to drive them. Without the ability to audition, I am hesitant to sink the money into the Quickie. Works well, yes?

Apr 22, 2021 at 6:35 AM Post #137 of 1,017
ethermalt - I was wondering how those two would get on together. I, too, have LCD-2C 'phones and have been considering an amp to drive them. Without the ability to audition, I am hesitant to sink the money into the Quickie. Works well, yes?
It's a good match with lcd2c. Very wide, good 3D imaging, liquid midrange, silky smooth, and you can listen a long time without fatigue... If you have a strong neck, you know.
Sensei Quicksilver is a tube amp. So, you can not expect "super" punch sub bass sound, not same like ss amps. It's relatively calm, but it's also deep and magnificent.
The sensei is rather a good scotch highland single malt.

Apr 22, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #138 of 1,017
Thanks for the assessment, much appreciated! I am very familiar what a good tube amp can bring to the party. I have an Eddie Current HD300 I use at work with Sennheiser HD600 headphones. That amp really just isn't a good match for the Audezes.

Apr 24, 2021 at 7:34 PM Post #140 of 1,017
I just received a Quicksilver Head Amp, and my very early impressions are super positive. So far, I can't find anything I don't like about the sound, nothing that I would suspect might start bothering me after the initial new toy glow wears off.
It's quiet, sufficiently powerful, very easy on the ears while still being lively and transparent, and has a lovely tonality. All the frequency ranges come through well controlled and beautiful.
I just listened to a Bach solo violin sonata, and the violin's various tonal characteristics all came through in spades, and just so listenable. I usually go back and forth between a new amp and one with which I'm already familiar, to compare, but find myself not wanting (or needing) to do that here.
Very happy.

Apr 25, 2021 at 7:53 AM Post #141 of 1,017
I just received a Quicksilver Head Amp, and my very early impressions are super positive. So far, I can't find anything I don't like about the sound, nothing that I would suspect might start bothering me after the initial new toy glow wears off.
It's quiet, sufficiently powerful, very easy on the ears while still being lively and transparent, and has a lovely tonality. All the frequency ranges come through well controlled and beautiful.
I just listened to a Bach solo violin sonata, and the violin's various tonal characteristics all came through in spades, and just so listenable. I usually go back and forth between a new amp and one with which I'm already familiar, to compare, but find myself not wanting (or needing) to do that here.
Very happy.
Welcome to the club! My initial impression was the same. I did not go back and compare because I simply did not need to.

Apr 27, 2021 at 11:45 AM Post #142 of 1,017
I have just received my Quicksilver amp.

uc

Apr 27, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #143 of 1,017
Apr 27, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #145 of 1,017
Enjoy! I found this thread about a week ago while I am waiting for my ZMF Aeolus and Quicksilver amp to arrive so selfishly I would love to hear how you like it with the Aeolus:) I was between this amp and a Feliks Espressivo and went with the Quicksilver.

Apr 27, 2021 at 10:50 PM Post #148 of 1,017
Is that the ZMF VC on the right and is that the Stabilized Maple Burl wood? Trying to decide which VC wood is best for the most open sound stage for the VC?

Yes it's the Verite Closed Camphor Burl. They sound very open with the Auteur Hybrid pads. My advice for you would be to go with the Sapele wood and the magnesium chassis. I have sold my previous pair of VC (Leopardwood) because of the weight and now I'm very happy with the Camphor Burl. I have saved 55g, and trust me, it makes a big difference for the comfort.

Apr 28, 2021 at 2:41 AM Post #149 of 1,017
Yes it's the Verite Closed Camphor Burl. They sound very open with the Auteur Hybrid pads. My advice for you would be to go with the Sapele wood and the magnesium chassis. I have sold my previous pair of VC (Leopardwood) because of the weight and now I'm very happy with the Camphor Burl. I have saved 55g, and trust me, it makes a big difference for the comfort.
Why sapele?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back