Quick Advice: [UM1, SA6, UE700]
Nov 9, 2010 at 5:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Bridge

New Head-Fier
Decisions, Decisions

Hello, Im a newbie with a newbie question.

So Im looking to step up into a set of IEMs and Im highly considering the UM1's at this point. Based on my online research.

Let me quickly explain my situation. I work 10 hour days in a noisy warehouse/distribution center. I listen to my music sometimes all 10 hours. I have a $200 budget. I narrowed down my selection to 3 headphones. UM1, SA6, or UE700.

To anyone who owns or HAS owned UM1s: Do they cause any pressure points? Like in the "concha" area of your ear where it looks like they tuck in? After spending $110 on them I would hate for them to hurt my ears.

Anyone want to talk me out of the UM1's? Go for it.

Thanks in advanced.

Nov 9, 2010 at 7:35 AM Post #2 of 4
I found the UM1 terrible out of a weak DAP like the Clip, i don't think they're worth the money for portable listening (they were made for monitoring anyway). They start sounding decent out of a good stationary source.
I would also consider the Phonak Audeos comfort-wise.

Nov 9, 2010 at 9:40 AM Post #3 of 4
I picked the UE700 on a one-day sale fro $70. At that price, they are a very good value. They are really small. 

Nov 9, 2010 at 2:29 PM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
I found the UM1 terrible out of a weak DAP like the Clip, i don't think they're worth the money for portable listening (they were made for monitoring anyway). They start sounding decent out of a good stationary source.
I would also consider the Phonak Audeos comfort-wise.

I guess Im considering IEM because as a hobby of mine I like to play my synthesizer and use Ableton. I figured I can also use the same set  with my MP3 player as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back