1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Quick Advice: [UM1, SA6, UE700]

1. Bridge
    Decisions, Decisions

Hello, Im a newbie with a newbie question.

So Im looking to step up into a set of IEMs and Im highly considering the UM1's at this point. Based on my online research.

Let me quickly explain my situation. I work 10 hour days in a noisy warehouse/distribution center. I listen to my music sometimes all 10 hours. I have a $200 budget. I narrowed down my selection to 3 headphones. UM1, SA6, or UE700.

To anyone who owns or HAS owned UM1s: Do they cause any pressure points? Like in the "concha" area of your ear where it looks like they tuck in? After spending $110 on them I would hate for them to hurt my ears.

Anyone want to talk me out of the UM1's? Go for it.

Thanks in advanced.

2. mobbaddict
    I found the UM1 terrible out of a weak DAP like the Clip, i don't think they're worth the money for portable listening (they were made for monitoring anyway). They start sounding decent out of a good stationary source.
    I would also consider the Phonak Audeos comfort-wise.

3. BRCMRGN
    I picked the UE700 on a one-day sale fro $70. At that price, they are a very good value. They are really small. 

4. Bridge

Quote:

I guess Im considering IEM because as a hobby of mine I like to play my synthesizer and use Ableton. I figured I can also use the same set  with my MP3 player as well.