Questyle QP1
Feb 13, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #4,006 of 4,272
Would you guys still recommend the qp1r if im not getting the new Version??

Im from Europe and cant find any dealer that sells the new Version for 999 .

Every single unit sells for 899.

I mean as Long as the circle is improved and working well there shouldnt be a Need for the new Version right  or am i missing something ??
You are going to spend a lot more to find a dap that sounds as good as the QP1R. I don't use the wheel at all as the screen buttons do the same thing for me. Could the UI be slicker and more intuitive yes but for me the sound makes up for it.

Feb 14, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #4,007 of 4,272
  Would you guys still recommend the qp1r if im not getting the new Version??

Im from Europe and cant find any dealer that sells the new Version for 999 .

Every single unit sells for 899.

I mean as Long as the circle is improved and working well there shouldnt be a Need for the new Version right  or am i missing something ??

I'm sure the new version will be a merely incrimental improvement over the one we have.  The QP is a great sounding rig.
Besides, if you purchase it, Questyle is thinking through some options.  I don't think you can go wrong.

Feb 16, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #4,008 of 4,272
Ok i bought the qp1r and im very satisfied with it so far ...

The Wheel is a Little bit slippery so i need this  Wheel cover/Skin which questyle provides for free...

do you guys know who i have to contact ?

Im from Europe btw...

Thanks a lot for the response =)

Feb 17, 2017 at 8:32 PM Post #4,009 of 4,272
  Ok i bought the qp1r and im very satisfied with it so far ...

The Wheel is a Little bit slippery so i need this  Wheel cover/Skin which questyle provides for free...

do you guys know who i have to contact ?

Im from Europe btw...

Thanks a lot for the response =)

Hey, just shoot me a pm if you want some some wheel skins.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Feb 17, 2017 at 8:35 PM Post #4,010 of 4,272
Next week for those making out to The Source AV event I will be bringing out a new wheel QP1R and an old version QP1R for those who want to hear and compare.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/807600/cavalli-audio-presents-the-source-av-s-summer-series-2016/405#post_13263449

Still haven't heard a decision on how to approach a upgrade path but I have been passing along the suggestions we receive.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Feb 17, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #4,011 of 4,272
  Next week for those making out to The Source AV event I will be bringing out a new wheel QP1R and an old version QP1R for those who want to hear and compare.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/807600/cavalli-audio-presents-the-source-av-s-summer-series-2016/405#post_13263449

Still haven't heard a decision on how to approach a upgrade path but I have been passing along the suggestions we receive.

Have you heard any details about the internal modifications?  Can you talk about them, yet?

Feb 17, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #4,012 of 4,272
If your waiting for a upgrade path I would not hold my breath. There are no screws on the body so it would probably be a destructive disassembly adding to the cost. You bought a product knowing what it was. If they fix something then what is the time period that they are obligated to you to change it?

Feb 17, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #4,013 of 4,272

Does the new version address the faulty battery indicator or is that still reserved for a firmware update?

Feb 17, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #4,014 of 4,272
Does the new version address the faulty battery indicator or is that still reserved for a firmware update?
There has been no mention of the battery indicator on the updated QP1R. As far as I seen the battery lasts for most 9 hours does yours not ?

Feb 18, 2017 at 3:39 AM Post #4,016 of 4,272

If your waiting for a upgrade path I would not hold my breath. There are no screws on the body so it would probably be a destructive disassembly adding to the cost. You bought a product knowing what it was. If they fix something then what is the time period that they are obligated to you to change it?

I know this won't work for people who want instant gratification but why couldn't Questyle offer a "Tune Up" service, when the inevitable battery replacement is needed? Bring the QP1(R) up to whatever the specs will be at that time and replace the battery. I would rather wait, rather than do piecemeal upgrades, but that's just my opinion. I guess this is a moot point if the QP1(R) is considered a disposable device. 
confused.gif

Feb 18, 2017 at 4:27 AM Post #4,017 of 4,272

I know this won't work for people who want instant gratification but why couldn't Questyle offer a "Tune Up" service, when the inevitable battery replacement is needed? Bring the QP1(R) up to whatever the specs will be at that time and replace the battery. I would rather wait, rather than do piecemeal upgrades, but that's just my opinion. I guess this is a moot point if the QP1(R) is considered a disposable device. 
confused.gif

Now that makes sense! Great idea. For sure after 3 years or so our batteries are going to start to die. I hadn't thought about that until now. I do expect Questyle could get behind that. This player is billed as a no nonsense music machine so all the fads that propel this hobby should not require a new QP1R every few years. We should be able to maintain our players!
I would like to add that I am very happy with my QP1R and have no interest really in paying for a scroll wheel replacement, or anything that has no impact on it's sonic qualities. I do keep up with the firmware updates. Thank you for those.

Feb 19, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #4,020 of 4,272

You know, you're right.  Until I heard about internal parts being changed, I was perfectly happy with the SQ.  And...I still am.  I expect this player to keep giving me good sound and tactile feedback with the buttons for a long time.  So why worry about an upgrade.  I got what I payed for.
But, as for damaging the player when removing the back, Bruce said they have the tools to do that.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back