Questyle QP1
Mar 4, 2017 at 7:53 PM Post #4,036 of 4,272
Thank you.  I probably don't have the patience or high enough res music to fully enjoy a Questyle dap.  It looks like.  I have all various bit rates of mp3.  I also find scroll wheels to be slow and buttons are better, but not up to my requirements for me personally.  I would probably love the sound if I had better gear and music files.  I just cannot afford a lot of that stuff.  I have a Fiio X5 1st gen and find it really hard to navigate.  It is pretty unresponsive at times.  My money would probably be better spent on something not quite as high end with a touchscreen

Thanks everyone

Riley

Riley, I wish you could rip your CDs in at least 16 bit lossless. This player is Pure Heaven with good headphones or in ear monitors. I wish you the best. I have had my audio files meticulously organized in folders and subfolders for years which makes it is easy as drop and drag.

Mar 4, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #4,037 of 4,272
A set of quads and also other kids and your a trucker you know you have a saint of a wife. Yes the QP1R rocks every thing.

Believe it or not, my sister is the trucker. I deliver mail. But, the quadruplets and older sister are all my wife's and mine. LOL

Mar 4, 2017 at 8:10 PM Post #4,038 of 4,272
Riley, I wish you could rip your CDs in at least 16 bit lossless. This player is Pure Heaven with good headphones or in ear monitors. I wish you the best. I have had my audio files meticulously organized in folders and subfolders for years which makes it is easy as drop and drag.

I organize my music with MP3Tag.  I am very picky about the way I organize music now.  My X5 is too.  I currently have Shure SE846 and am finding them way too warm and bass heavy for my changing taste in sound.  I probably don't have a way to rip all of my music to Lossless.  A lot has been downloaded from legal paysites at different bit rates and such.  For now I have to stick with it.  I have very little income so buying thousands of dollars in audio gear is just not possible right now in my life.

Thank you

Riley

Mar 4, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #4,039 of 4,272
I organize my music with MP3Tag.  I am very picky about the way I organize music now.  My X5 is too.  I currently have Shure SE846 and am finding them way too warm and bass heavy for my changing taste in sound.  I probably don't have a way to rip all of my music to Lossless.  A lot has been downloaded from legal paysites at different bit rates and such.  For now I have to stick with it.  I have very little income so buying thousands of dollars in audio gear is just not possible right now in my life.

Thank you

Riley

I understand. I had to use PayPal credit.

Mar 5, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #4,041 of 4,272

If you think they will go Android I doubt it. The buttons are touch and I hardly ever use the wheel myself.

Questyle chose to put money into the audio components, rather than parts not contributing to audio quality. It has won several prestigious awards, so I really doubt they will move to an android-based or touchscreen version. If so, it would be very high-priced and would probably not sell quite as well as it does now. I split artists with the albums under those folders on the two individual mini SD cards, then you can just browse files and know what letters are on what card and it goes fast. If you scroll up that goes to the last letter artist on that mini SD card, if you scroll down it goes through the alphabet.

Thank you.  I probably don't have the patience or high enough res music to fully enjoy a Questyle dap.  It looks like.  I have all various bit rates of mp3.  I also find scroll wheels to be slow and buttons are better, but not up to my requirements for me personally.  I would probably love the sound if I had better gear and music files.  I just cannot afford a lot of that stuff.  I have a Fiio X5 1st gen and find it really hard to navigate.  It is pretty unresponsive at times.  My money would probably be better spent on something not quite as high end with a touchscreen

Thanks everyone

Riley

Then why don't you look at the FiiO X5 Gen III?  It's touchscreen, mid-fi, around US$400.00, has two microSD slots and might be right up your alley.

Mar 5, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #4,042 of 4,272
  Then why don't you look at the FiiO X5 Gen III?  It's touchscreen, mid-fi, around US$400.00, has two microSD slots and might be right up your alley.

Thank you.  I have been following that thread.  It seems to be overhyped iin my opinion and the glitches and quality control issues have been starting to come out the last few days.  I am actually thinking Opus 1.  I don't really need WiFi streaming and Google Play Store stuff on a dap.  I also am not feeling the Viper Effects stuff.

Cheers

Riley

Mar 6, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #4,043 of 4,272
So far, I really like the 1.08 latest firmware update.  I like the way that the albums populate under the artist.

Mar 6, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #4,044 of 4,272
I am loving Pink Floyd, Billy Idol, Approaching Dawn, Lamb of God, Mudvayne, Hellyeah, and Rush on this DAP!

Mar 7, 2017 at 12:08 AM Post #4,045 of 4,272
I am happy with my Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7GMs, but wish to explore other headphones that pair well with the Questyle QP1R. Any suggestions?

Mar 7, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #4,047 of 4,272

Ultrasone Performance and Signature line marry with the QP1R resoundingly well.

Which line seems better of the two?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back