Questyle QP1
Apr 5, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #4,066 of 4,272
  1) Hi!  What US dealers carry the QP1R? 
2) Does the QP1R come with a case or do I need to buy that separately?
3) Does the QP1R have glitches or slight bugs to get used too?
4) What is the expected battery life playing all various bit rates of MP3?
5) Can one scroll through the menus and music without using the scroll wheel?
6) Does the QP1R work with Sandisk 256 gb micro sd cards? 

Abbreviated above to what I know to answer.

1) Got mine from Moon Audio, happy with their speed in answering questions and fulfilling the order.
2) Buy separately.
3) None that's annoying enough for me to remember :wink:
4) I only listen to lossless FLAC. Longest use was around 7h on a transcontinental flight, battery ended at 40% or so.
5) Yes, with the buttons.
6) It works perfectly with the 200GB model, formatted as ExFAT, which was the max from SanDisk before the 256GB came out.

In terms of sound signature, I don't know any of the headphones or amps you referred to, but it's surprisingly balanced and full or detail for such a small device. I currently use it with Etymotic in-ear ER4Ps, but I have also Aeons on order to use at work. My home headphone setup is Bifrost Multibit>Jotunheim>MrSpeakers Ether C Flows, and I'm very happy with how close my travel setup comes to that. My previous DAP, the iBasso DX-90, was harsher in the highs and less impactful in the bass region with the same Etymotic in-ears.

Hope this helps!

Apr 5, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #4,067 of 4,272
  Abbreviated above to what I know to answer.

1) Got mine from Moon Audio, happy with their speed in answering questions and fulfilling the order.
2) Buy separately.
3) None that's annoying enough for me to remember :wink:
4) I only listen to lossless FLAC. Longest use was around 7h on a transcontinental flight, battery ended at 40% or so.
5) Yes, with the buttons.
6) It works perfectly with the 200GB model, formatted as ExFAT, which was the max from SanDisk before the 256GB came out.

In terms of sound signature, I don't know any of the headphones or amps you referred to, but it's surprisingly balanced and full or detail for such a small device. I currently use it with Etymotic in-ear ER4Ps, but I have also Aeons on order to use at work. My home headphone setup is Bifrost Multibit>Jotunheim>MrSpeakers Ether C Flows, and I'm very happy with how close my travel setup comes to that. My previous DAP, the iBasso DX-90, was harsher in the highs and less impactful in the bass region with the same Etymotic in-ears.

Hope this helps!

Perfect sounds like a good choice for me.

thanks a lot for your help

Riley

Apr 5, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #4,068 of 4,272
Hi!  What US dealers carry the QP1R?  Is it a good match for my Shure SE846?  I prefer the sound of signature of my Ultimate Ear TripleFi 10 lately so I wouldn't mind less warmth in the mids and bringing them back a little slight V shaped would be welcome in the Shure's.  I love the TripleFi 10 bass, but a bit more quality to it on my Shure's would be a welcome change.  I also would prefer more treble.  I am using no filters currently in them.  Does the QP1R have that sound signature?  Does the QP1R come with a case or do I need to buy that separately?  Does the QP1R have glitches or slight bugs to get used too?  What is the expected battery life playing all various bit rates of MP3?  Can one scroll through the menus and music without using the scroll wheel?  How would the QP1R pair with Audeze EL8 closed, Audioquest Nightowl and Mr.  Speakers Aeon?  I will get new iems to replace the Shure's eventually.  I don't currently have any over ears so I need to get them first.  Does the QP1R work with Sandisk 256 gb micro sd cards? 

Thank you

Riley
I haven't heard any of the ones you ask about but it simply a perfect pairing with the Ether C's. I heard it with the Ether C prototypes bought them that day and the QP1R a month later. It can drive all of my cans very well indeed. It is really hard to beat it for the money.

Apr 5, 2017 at 7:33 PM Post #4,069 of 4,272
I haven't heard any of the ones you ask about but it simply a perfect pairing with the Ether C's. I heard it with the Ether C prototypes bought them that day and the QP1R a month later. It can drive all of my cans very well indeed. It is really hard to beat it for the money.

That sounds great.  Should be a great dap.

Thanks

Riley

Apr 5, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #4,070 of 4,272
Is the QP1R quicker and more responsive than my original Fiio X5?  I find it lags when scrolling and pushing buttons.  It is annoying me lately.  Also does the QP1R support some kind of custom playlists created on my computer?  If it does, what format playlists?

Thank you

Riley

Apr 5, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #4,071 of 4,272
Is the QP1R quicker and more responsive than my original Fiio X5?  I find it lags when scrolling and pushing buttons.  It is annoying me lately.  Also does the QP1R support some kind of custom playlists created on my computer?  If it does, what format playlists?

Thank you

Riley
I can't say as never had the X5 but the buttons work instantly for me. I don't use the wheel as I hate them always over or under shoot what I'm going for the buttons work for me but there is no delay in the wheel either for me.

Apr 5, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #4,072 of 4,272
I can't say as never had the X5 but the buttons work instantly for me. I don't use the wheel as I hate them always over or under shoot what I'm going for the buttons work for me but there is no delay in the wheel either for me.

Hey thanks!  Should be easy enough for me to operate then.  I will only use the buttons.  I will barely use the wheel and I mean barely.  Does the QP1R support any form of externally created playlists?

Thank you

Riley

Apr 5, 2017 at 9:57 PM Post #4,073 of 4,272
Hey thanks!  Should be easy enough for me to operate then.  I will only use the buttons.  I will barely use the wheel and I mean barely.  Does the QP1R support any form of externally created playlists?

Thank you

Riley
That I'm not sure about but I think so. I could be wrong.

Apr 5, 2017 at 10:54 PM Post #4,074 of 4,272
  Does the QP1R support any form of externally created playlists?

Found this guide, but I haven't tried any of it. I mostly listen to albums and I transfer music to my QP1R by mounting its micro SD cards with an adapter on my Macbook Air and then syncing card contents with lists of albums I want to have on the go. I do this with some code I wrote for my use case, which is a bit convoluted, no general lessons for anyone in my particular way of organizing this.

Apr 6, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #4,075 of 4,272
What version of tags do I need to set my music up to read and write for everything to show up as I have taggged it for the QP1R?  I have my music tags set up for my Fiio X5 and it has really funky requirements for this so I am not sure the tagging structure is universal.  My tags are set to read Id3v1, id3v2 and APE and Write ID3V1, ID3V2 and APEV2.  Write ID3V2 UTF-16 will my music show up as tagged on the QP1R?  I find a lot of computer music playing programs ostly Music Bee, Jriver and a few others do not work with this tagging structure.  It is really annoying.

Thank you

Riley

Apr 8, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #4,076 of 4,272
Riley, perfect match with my Shure 846s. The QP1's dynamic open sound match perfectly with the Shures slightly mids-orientated presentation.

Have just bought Ether C's, sounding wonderful on Hugo, will let you know when I try with QP1R. Aeons I tried were a bit warmer.

I love the Questyle QP1R with my Shure SE846s, Shure SRH1540s, and my Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7GMs. The SRH1540s are creamy butter, whereas the Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7GMs are spicy salsa...punchier, and more aggressive. The SRH1540 is perfect for lengthy listening sessions, because they are not the least bit fatiguing. having said all this, I still think the Shure SE846Ss are my favorite.

Apr 8, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #4,077 of 4,272
I love the Questyle QP1R with my Shure SE846s, Shure SRH1540s, and my Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7GMs. The SRH1540s are creamy butter, whereas the Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7GMs are spicy salsa...punchier, and more aggressive. The SRH1540 is perfect for lengthy listening sessions, because they are not the least bit fatiguing. having said all this, I still think the Shure SE846Ss are my favorite.

How is the hiss or background noise on the QP1R with the SE846?

Thanks

Riley

Apr 9, 2017 at 4:14 AM Post #4,079 of 4,272

Thanks

Riley

If i listen out for it, there is slight hiss. When music is not playing so it doesn't worry me in the slightest.

Apr 9, 2017 at 7:40 AM Post #4,080 of 4,272

Thanks

Riley

I have the latest Questyle QP1R with the improved click wheel. I got it from Moon Audio. Absolutely no hiss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back