Questyle QP1
Sep 5, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #3,886 of 4,272
The QP1R does not have USB transport feature. I believe only a few DAPs have this feature. I know Onkyo DP-X1 and Pioneer XDP-100R have this.

If not your other option is to use either an Android or iPhone device with an appropriate player software like USB Audio Player PRO on Android that outputs audio via USB or an up-to-date version of the OS with USB Audio Class support.

Sep 7, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #3,888 of 4,272
This weekend Questyle will be at The Source Av in Torrance California to celebrate Jason Lord's birthday and will be giving away a Questyle DAP!

Next week will be our Questyle and ENIGMAcoustics event! More details to follow but we will have a wonderful few setups! Come demo and compare ENIGMA speakers to ENIGMA headphones all powered through our Questyle amps, dacs and daps!

We will also next week be giving away a brand new Questyle QP1R! 

Questyle Audio Engineering Stay updated on Questyle Audio Engineering at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/questyleaudioeng @Questyle_Technology https://www.questyle.com info@questyle.com
Sep 8, 2016 at 3:27 AM Post #3,889 of 4,272
So after using FW 1.07 for a few days, I have again gone back to FW 1.02. FW1.07 is the most feature packed FW in the 5 updates done so far, but sonically FW1.02 is still my favourite. This is kind of a personal opinion but FW 1.02 sounds a tad bit better compared to the FW 1.07, but the DAC functionality is pretty awesome for folks who don't have portable DAC to use with laptops and phones. 

Sep 8, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #3,890 of 4,272
  So after using FW 1.07 for a few days, I have again gone back to FW 1.02. FW1.07 is the most feature packed FW in the 5 updates done so far, but sonically FW1.02 is still my favourite. This is kind of a personal opinion but FW 1.02 sounds a tad bit better compared to the FW 1.07, but the DAC functionality is pretty awesome for folks who don't have portable DAC to use with laptops and phones. 

Interesting, how does 1.02 compare 1.07? Would you describe it a bit? 

Sep 10, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #3,893 of 4,272
Bruce, just to be on the safe side, the DAC driver at your link says QP1R, is it the same and safe to use on the QP1?  Thanks.
Just realized my MaC doesn't need a driver and installed the update. Wow. Am loving Spotify through the QP1 and my Sennheiser HD 700s. This portable has just become my desktop DAC/headphone amp as well. Super simple to set up and use. Now my QP1 has unlimited music to sample. Might be time to try Tidal and other HD sources to feed this music monster what it deserves. Let Apple kill its headphone jack. If that phone can feed this player down the line, who needs it. And if not, back to a phone for phone needs and the QP1 for music. Either as a portable player or DAC attached to my MacBook Air.

Sep 10, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #3,894 of 4,272
Just realized my MaC doesn't need a driver and installed the update. Wow. Am loving Spotify through the QP1 and my Sennheiser HD 700s. This portable has just become my desktop DAC/headphone amp as well. Super simple to set up and use. Now my QP1 has unlimited music to sample. Might be time to try Tidal and other HD sources to feed this music monster what it deserves. Let Apple kill its headphone jack. If that phone can feed this player down the line, who needs it. And if not, back to a phone for phone needs and the QP1 for music. Either as a portable player or DAC attached to my MacBook Air.

It's probably just a typo, but you don't want to install QP1R fw in a QP1. Just to be safe, I will just post a new link later today. Please wait for the new link.

My apologies for the inconvenience.

Sep 10, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #3,895 of 4,272
It's probably just a typo, but you don't want to install QP1R fw in a QP1. Just to be safe, I will just post a new link later today. Please wait for the new link.

My apologies for the inconvenience.
No problem. The firmware was labeled QP1, so I installed it with no problems. The DAC drivers for Windows seemed to be QP1R, so I left them alone. Since I have a MAC mainly, I'm good to go. When you get the right ones posted, I'll update my Windows machine. But I rarely break that out anyway.

The DAC function is amazingly good. Thanks for getting it to the QP1 as well. And my old eyes appreciate the larger typeface as well.

Sep 10, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #3,896 of 4,272

Make sure you enable all the same functions when you compare and give it a couple goes. I thought the new FW a gnat's hairs less round in the bass which, for me, was a good thing but it's the sort of change that is so small as to be questioned and definitely not qualitative. I could very well be mistaken and it sounds the same as I'm not going back. I don't use mine every day so it's a simple 'impression' but the great musical experience I get from it with some excellent files that I know like I made them hasn't changed at all. I have the vibrate on and everything else disabled.

Sep 11, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #3,897 of 4,272
No problem. The firmware was labeled QP1, so I installed it with no problems. The DAC drivers for Windows seemed to be QP1R, so I left them alone. Since I have a MAC mainly, I'm good to go. When you get the right ones posted, I'll update my Windows machine. But I rarely break that out anyway.

The DAC function is amazingly good. Thanks for getting it to the QP1 as well. And my old eyes appreciate the larger typeface as well.

The driver software is the same for both units, but you are correct the Mac doesn't need or use the driver software.

Sep 15, 2016 at 12:31 AM Post #3,898 of 4,272
Hello -

I'm concerned about the QP1R's battery. I know the battery is not user-accessible, but is it at least possible to have a technician replace it? I'd rather pay to install a new one than be forced to discard an otherwise functional device.

Best regards,
Brian

Sep 15, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #3,899 of 4,272
Hello -

I'm concerned about the QP1R's battery. I know the battery is not user-accessible, but is it at least possible to have a technician replace it? I'd rather pay to install a new one than be forced to discard an otherwise functional device.

Best regards,

Brian

Hi Brian. The battery can be replaced by our service center in Los Angeles, California.

Sep 15, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #3,900 of 4,272
I love the new USB DAC functionality.  Now the QP1R is officially my IDEAL DAP (but only becauase it's possible to navigate without EVER using the scroll-wheel, hahahaha).

It seems to sound just as good from my computer as it does straight from the QP1R itself!  Fantastic.  Now this is both a high-end DAP, AND a high-end DAC/Amp combo (if lacking somewhat in power for hard-to-drive cans) for devices!!!!

Soon I'm going to be getting a Cavalli Liquid Carbon for a fantastic deal, so I think a stack with the QP1R as DAC and Liquid Carbon as Amp (driving the much-underrated, far-lower-priced-than-they-should-be HiFiMan Edition S) will be my default setup when on my computer
biggrin.gif
A good enough setup that once I upgrade to truly summit-fi headphones someday (the Edition S sound like $500 headphones so I will skip straight past the mid-ranged price bracket) it should still be completely satisfying and worthy of use!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back