Questyle QP1
Feb 28, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #3,451 of 4,272
  I just got my QP1R for two days. It's a great match for my K10U. But I have some uneven light leaking issues on the edge of the screen. Is there anybody else having the same problem? For such a small screen and high end device, I would definitely expect a better quality control for the screen. 

I have a little bit of backlight bleed. Though, it looks like there might be more than there should be. Its hard to tell with photos alone. Definitely a question for Bruce.

Feb 29, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #3,452 of 4,272
I tried my final audio heaven 7 iems on low gain as suggested by the questyle pdf and i had to change it to high gain as it was such poor quality. My ku10 i have tried both settings and high suits them best. I thought both these monitors were meant to be hard to drive. Can anyone clarify. Thanks

Hard to drive can mean a couple of things, traditionally, it meant an unstable load, which is difficult for an amplifier to deal with, this is something that the Questyle amplifiers were designed for, but has very little to do with gain requirements. In most cases, when referring to headphones, it means extremely inefficient with poor bass control, so in that case, hard to drive loads would require the high gain settings. Most IEMs are very efficient due to their low impedance, hence the low gain recommendations, on the other hand, low impedance loads require a more stable amplifier with a lower output impedance, which could also be considered hard to drive. I personally recommend, that if you turn the volume up to 50, and it is louder than is comfortable, then turn the gain to a lower setting.

Feb 29, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #3,453 of 4,272
  If the Questyle team can incorporate quick scrolling (ie. when scroll fast enough it scrolls in terms of the alphabets rather than the individual songs) that would be great. Something I really miss from the UI.

I tend to use the page advance on long lists of songs (the tactile buttons), then switch to the scroll wheel to pick the song.

Mar 6, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #3,455 of 4,272
Someone posted that the QP1R would automatically shutdown during play, regardless of system settings. I experienced this a few times while playing a full album. It would always get to the 12th track, out of 20, and then shutdown. I thought, at first, it was a time issue, but then I started at track 11 and then as soon as track 12 started, the QP1R would shutdown. In my case it seemed that the player didn't shutdown but actually crashed. I deleted the album and then copied it back again and now the problem seems(?) to have been solved. Of course, YMMV, but it's something else to try if you experience the auto shutdown problem and all your system settings are in order.   

Mar 9, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #3,457 of 4,272
Hey All!

This maybe answered already...somewhere in this forum...so please forgive me.

I have a new Questyle QP1-R with a 200GB card installed (formatted fine). 

Can someone tell me, how the Internal storage and "external" work together? Meaning; if I max out the space on the internal
storage, then load the rest onto the external storage....Does music flow from one storage area to the next?

Also, how do we use the Playlist  and other selections on the main menu? Adding songs one by one is not a good option.

The summary of this question is: I have a playlist of about 1200 songs, totalling 185.75GB worth of space (all AIFF 96/24 at this point). So even with a 200GB card...I'm running out of space.

Can I add another 200GB card? 
bigsmile_face.gif

Dwayne

P.S. If this has been answered somewhere else...just point me there, please!

Mar 9, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #3,458 of 4,272
  Hey All!

This maybe answered already...somewhere in this forum...so please forgive me.

I have a new Questyle QP1-R with a 200GB card installed (formatted fine). 

Can someone tell me, how the Internal storage and "external" work together? Meaning; if I max out the space on the internal
storage, then load the rest onto the external storage....Does music flow from one storage area to the next?

Also, how do we use the Playlist  and other selections on the main menu? Adding songs one by one is not a good option.

The summary of this question is: I have a playlist of about 1200 songs, totalling 185.75GB worth of space (all AIFF 96/24 at this point). So even with a 200GB card...I'm running out of space.

Can I add another 200GB card? 
bigsmile_face.gif

Dwayne

P.S. If this has been answered somewhere else...just point me there, please!

So the Internal and External are counted as separate file systems. So each card is counted as a separate portion. However, viewing songs from a "song", "artist", or etc, will compile these three into one so the user can view as one large list. Searching by "Browse Files" will allow you to see the songs on each of the cards or internal memory.

So as I have said that, there is room for two external cards. This currently allows for 200GB in each slot, or an effective 432GB together. Personally, I have two Sandisk Ultra 128GB cards in my QP1R. Remember if you DO want to listen to songs and view them by "artist" or the like, you must go into settings and make sure the system compiles the songs on the device. You can make it manual or automatic depending on your likes. I would recommend, manual and manually reset and re-register the songs. Otherwise, the system will automatically re-register the songs on bootup or reinsert.

Mar 9, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #3,460 of 4,272
  Thanks!!

Looks like I'm buying another 200GB card....
confused_face.gif

Dwayne

Don't mention it mate. Might as well put those slots up to use and fill them with a card, whether you use them or not. That's a lot of music though. Good heavens. Enjoy the audio bliss that comes out of the glorious QP1R!

Mar 10, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #3,461 of 4,272
Actually, if you are looking at FLAC or AIFF files....they quickly add up! I only have a few Hi-Res files on it (at this time).

My Workout playlist is about 1,200 files. As FLAC or AIFF's...I can't get the whole list on one card!

D

Mar 10, 2016 at 6:34 PM Post #3,462 of 4,272
One thing that I ran into was that some duplicate files were finding their way to the on board storage (it was empty), though they didn't show if you just looked at the separate storage media. I was seeing files on the DAP when browsing folders, so I ran a utility to check the cards and internal storage for duplicates. Long story short...I maxed out the internal storage, and no more dupe files.

Mar 11, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #3,464 of 4,272
The battery indicator is still erratic with the latest firmware (jumping from 60% back to 100%). Is it only me?

Mar 11, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #3,465 of 4,272
  The battery indicator is still erratic with the latest firmware (jumping from 60% back to 100%). Is it only me?

Mine went the other direction. But it only happened once so I put it down as a glitch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back