Questyle QP1
Feb 13, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #3,376 of 4,272
I now have a couple of cables with the plastic covering trimmed down where they enter the metal frame of the player, which work fine. However I have a different issue- I'm trying to use the player to burn in some headphones by leaving it on shuffle mode for several days. Even with sleep mode turned off, every time I check on it after a couple of hours, I find it's turned itself off. It's on charge permanently for this so it's not running out of battery. Is there a hidden setting running to turn itself off if no controls are operated for a couple of hours, or something?

Feb 13, 2016 at 3:17 PM Post #3,378 of 4,272
Which version of the FW are you using? The newest FW version seems to have an issue with shutting down for some reason

Have you reinstalled the 1.0.5 firmware and tested yet?

Feb 13, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #3,379 of 4,272
Hey @bSquared64 are you going to have the covers for sale at CanJam SoCal?

Feb 13, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #3,380 of 4,272
I just placed an order for a gold QP1R with the Angie II IEM and Black Questyle case. All in stock at Moon Audio. Now to order a couple of cards. 128 GB and 200 GB cards should handle all my FLAC files. :D

Feb 13, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #3,383 of 4,272
Yes the newest version ... Going to reinstall it again this weekend to see if things correct themselves

Awesome. Then, let us know what happens. :beerchug:

Feb 13, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #3,384 of 4,272
Feb 13, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #3,386 of 4,272
All these reports of serious problems with the new firmware are quite off putting. I'm going to wait for the problems with the firmware to be addressed before installing it. In the meantime what are Questyle doing to address these issues? It might be helpful if someone from the company would post something on this site to keep us informed and to help those who've inadvertently messed up their players.

Feb 13, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #3,387 of 4,272
I upgraded to 1.0.5 and have no problems. I love that I can scroll thru artists from the buttons now. I just wish it could read my mind to play what I want.

Feb 13, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #3,388 of 4,272
  Hello all.  I am a complete newbie here and would like some help.  I want to buy a DAP and have been checking out the reviews and forums and have decided that the Questyle QP1R is probably the best fit for my needs. I do however have one question.

I have an extensive classical music collection that I have organized and tagged on my PC in folders and subfolders by Artist/Album/Track Title. I am aware that the QP!R does not display subfolders in the Play by Category function.  When you use the Browse File function does it support multiple folders and subfolders?  I listen to music almost exclusively by whole albums.  If, for example, I search by Artist (Bach) will I see a listing of the 35 albums I have, or will I have to scroll through hundreds of tracks to find the album I want.  If this is the case, then it would be a dealbreaker. 

Would appreciate your help.

if you browse by file you can nest folders as many layers as you wish. e.g. i have classical>d-z>schubert>chamber music>late quartets> quartet 14-death and the maiden> several subfolders {alban berg or belcea or lindsays or melos or takacs or tetzlaff's}

or, if you want bach

classical>a-c>bach js>piano>english suites> subfolders {hewitt or parahia or pagorelich or schiff} say you pick parahia> 6 subfolders, one for each suite

Feb 14, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #3,390 of 4,272
not sure who's replying to who here, but if I'm in the loop, thanks. Running 1.0.5. Library updates with 8800+ files requires patience, doesn't it?!

Pardon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back