Questyle QP1
Sep 7, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #1,336 of 4,272
Noble K10 are my mainstays yet have others here for review (forthcoming). Maybe it is 11 hours and change, yet 9 to 10 should be the norm for the R version. I don't do much with headphones, just not really my thing even though I have the OPPO and others here. Yes I do use cans, yet not in any appreciable amount.

Look, if you want long battery life and immense flexibility, nothing beats the Sony NW-ZX2. You'll lose in amp capability and incredible imaging of the Questyle QP1R. Of course a small USB power bank solves battery life issues many of the DAPs have and many here regularly stack things together. How long a battery life do you need? Do you listen to TIDAL, Deezer or other streaming? Do you desire pulling files from the cloud or NAS drive? Do you need touchscreen? Is Bluetooth important to you? What features must you have? What features can you live without? What are you willing to pay for each needed feature? Please break down your feature/cost.

I want the QP1f with the small fission reactor.....A couple hundred years of battery life.....

biggrin.gif

Sep 7, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #1,337 of 4,272
Noble K10 are my mainstays yet have others here for review (forthcoming). Maybe it is 11 hours and change, yet 9 to 10 should be the norm for the R version. I don't do much with headphones, just not really my thing even though I have the OPPO and others here. Yes I do use cans, yet not in any appreciable amount.

Look, if you want long battery life and immense flexibility, nothing beats the Sony NW-ZX2. You'll lose in amp capability and incredible imaging of the Questyle QP1R. Of course a small USB power bank solves battery life issues many of the DAPs have and many here regularly stack things together. How long a battery life do you need? Do you listen to TIDAL, Deezer or other streaming? Do you desire pulling files from the cloud or NAS drive? Do you need touchscreen? Is Bluetooth important to you? What features must you have? What features can you live without? What are you willing to pay for each needed feature? Please break down your feature/cost.

I am not sure if this was directed towards me or just a general post, regardless, I am just interested to know how specifically you were able to obtain "about" 12 hours (even if it is "11 hours and change"). I had mine literally at a low volume level and was only able to obtain 9 hours, only touching it to check the battery life.

Sep 8, 2015 at 2:14 AM Post #1,339 of 4,272
  I just want to point out that the cue numbers reflect the units sold by your dealer not not the preorders take in the US, while we are fulfilling orders in the order in which we received them, we never issued cue numbers for those orders. That being said, your dealer will most likely receive more than three units.

Gary, I'm talking about the headphoneaudiophile.com pre-order serial number. That is the only US dealer who've been carrying the QP1 line since May. They are still not in possession of the QP1 line. Hope before the end of September all the things will be sorted. 

Sep 8, 2015 at 7:00 AM Post #1,340 of 4,272
Hmmmm, it could be do to me using 'mixed media' (mp3, flac, etc during the battery life test)? You're right, perhaps i need to re-test and am happy to call it 9 to 10 hours.

Small fission reactor 
biggrin.gif

ADDED: Ahhh, I see my mistake and HUGE thanks! I said 12 hours with high-res files in the specs. DOH! Yeah, probably more like 9 to 10 as you're saying. Just changed it within the specs a the end of the review. So, where can we get a small fission reactor?
wink.gif

Sep 8, 2015 at 7:27 AM Post #1,341 of 4,272
  Hmmmm, it could be do to me using 'mixed media' (mp3, flac, etc during the battery life test)? You're right, perhaps i need to re-test and am happy to call it 9 to 10 hours.

Small fission reactor 
biggrin.gif

ADDED: Ahhh, I see my mistake and HUGE thanks! I said 12 hours with high-res files in the specs. DOH! Yeah, probably more like 9 to 10 as you're saying. Just changed it within the specs a the end of the review. So, where can we get a small fission reactor?
wink.gif

Thanks for the edit, appreciate it.  The main reason why I was asking you to explain how you got 12 hours because I never got anything around that time frame with any IEMs/headphones I used.  I do not want potential customers (or readers as well) to believe that they will get 12 hours of playback, when in fact, they will not.  Maybe if they put it on "1" or "2" volume on Low gain playing 128 kb or easier-to-process file format, they may get more (how much more, who knows without testing) than the 9 hours I get with a reasonable to low volume on easy-to-drive earphones.

Also, please quote me (my post that is directed towards you) or mention me (you can mention using the @ in mobile mode) when you write a post that is directed towards me (anyone else is preferable as well).  This way, I will know that you directed your response(s) to me (or anyone else, for that matter).  Thank you in advance. 

Sep 8, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #1,343 of 4,272
Gary, I'm talking about the headphoneaudiophile.com pre-order serial number. That is the only US dealer who've been carrying the QP1 line since May. They are still not in possession of the QP1 line. Hope before the end of September all the things will be sorted. 

Thanks for having my back. Since I'm a few places further down the line please let me know if you get any more info on the third wonka golden ticket. (Or was it space gray)

Sep 8, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #1,344 of 4,272
Thanks for having my back. Since I'm a few places further down the line please let me know if you get any more info on the third wonka golden ticket. (Or was it space gray)

Gold. Let's see what happens. Keep in touch with Jim over at headphoneaudiophile.com. As of now there is no new news except for the customs delay. Hope it will hit shelves by next month. 

Sep 8, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #1,347 of 4,272
  How does the QP1/QP1R play with mac?

I've used my Mac to load music onto the QP1R's internal storage without issue. All you need to do is connect the player via USB and the directory appears on your desktop, then just drag and drop any music you want onto the QP1R.

One thing that's pretty awesome is that when I connect the DAP, I can access both the internal storage and the Micro SD card's files simultaneously. There's no need to remove the card and use a reader.

Sep 8, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #1,348 of 4,272
I've used my Mac to load music onto the QP1R's internal storage without issue. All you need to do is connect the player via USB and the directory appears on your desktop, then just drag and drop any music you want onto the QP1R.

One thing that's pretty awesome is that when I connect the DAP, I can access both the internal storage and the Micro SD card's files simultaneously. There's no need to remove the card and use a reader.

Do you notice a slower transfer speed using USB to the player, or is it about the same speed as using a card reader? The FiiO DAPs I'm used to are quite slow using the USB cable to transfer data while the card is in the unit compared to using a card reader. Thanks.

Sep 8, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #1,350 of 4,272

Thank you for the clarification @DGCFAD. I understand that there will be delays, and you can not control customs and import delays, and I'm aware of the production tweaks done to the unit. I guess I simply expected a straight forward answer when I asked the Canadian distributor, and American Sound of Canada, when and where I could purchase/pre-order a unit. Both times the replies seemed to be rather ambiguous and I expected a more solid timeframe and more concrete information (aware of the delay) about where/when a customer could order/pre-order.

I'll patiently wait. Apologies for jumping on Questyle.

Until a product has been in production for several months and all backorders are filled it is almost impossible to give a solid timeframe. In the US, customs can take anywhere from a couple hours, to months if they have an issue with a given carrier, and it is not unusual for things to simply be misplaced. I'm pretty sure it's the same for other countries, if not worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back