Questyle QP1
Dec 21, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #3,001 of 4,272
Another firmware update question/suggestion: is it currently possible and, if not, would it be possible with a firmware uodate to take the digital output fom the usb port?

Are you asking about using the Micro USB port with a USB OTG cable and running to an external DAC using USB input?

Dec 21, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #3,003 of 4,272
Another firmware update question/suggestion: is it currently possible and, if not, would it be possible with a firmware uodate to take the digital output fom the usb port?

Not possible due to hardware limitation, confirmed by Questyle.

Dec 21, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #3,004 of 4,272
I would like to know when the 5800 song limit is fixed. I do not like folder browsing as much as browsing through the music software.

Dec 21, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #3,005 of 4,272
Please enlighten me here and forgive my ignorance!
I see this posted quite a lot, but why is the 5800 song limit so important to everyone?
I have two 200GB cards installed and both are almost full. Without checking correct numbers, I would say well over 10,000 songs.
So if the software did read more than 5800, how does that help me?

As it stands now, if I browse by category, I have several choices. Songs, albums, artists, etc. So I want to listen to Led Zeppelin, I go to artist and select Led Zeppelin. When I do, every song from every album shows up, and I happen to have every album from LZ in high rez loaded on this player.

I want to listen to one particular album in the song order it was recorded. I don't see any other way to listen to that without browsing by folder.
That's pretty much how I listen to all my music, one album at a time.

Now one of Cowon players that I had, you could pull all the albums when you selected artist.

I read about other players on this forum and people complaining about it not having the function to browse by folders.

So what am I missing here?

Dec 22, 2015 at 2:16 AM Post #3,006 of 4,272
@djohnson013, it is reported 5800 songs indexing limit though I don't have such volume to verify that, do confirm your set can sync more than 5800 songs?

Dec 22, 2015 at 6:28 AM Post #3,007 of 4,272

Simply put, once you have downloaded more than 5800 songs and you then download another album, and you then look for that album in the "Artist" section of "Play By Category" it will not show.  The listing has maxed out.  This forces one to then have to find this album in the "Browse By Files" listing.  Here you need to know what memory card it is on and the songs show in alphabetical order, not in the order they are on the album itself. 
SO disappointed this has not been fixed yet.

Dec 22, 2015 at 7:34 AM Post #3,008 of 4,272
Please enlighten me here and forgive my ignorance!
I see this posted quite a lot, but why is the 5800 song limit so important to everyone?
I have two 200GB cards installed and both are almost full. Without checking correct numbers, I would say well over 10,000 songs.
So if the software did read more than 5800, how does that help me?

As it stands now, if I browse by category, I have several choices. Songs, albums, artists, etc. So I want to listen to Led Zeppelin, I go to artist and select Led Zeppelin. When I do, every song from every album shows up, and I happen to have every album from LZ in high rez loaded on this player.

I want to listen to one particular album in the song order it was recorded. I don't see any other way to listen to that without browsing by folder.
That's pretty much how I listen to all my music, one album at a time.

Now one of Cowon players that I had, you could pull all the albums when you selected artist.

I read about other players on this forum and people complaining about it not having the function to browse by folders.

So what am I missing here?

Nothing, as far as I'm conserned.  The limit is to the size of the library database of song information that the player can catagorize, fold, spindle and mutilate.
If you have a sensible filing system-letter name>artist>album>songs-you should be fine.  If you like to shuffle, play by catigory etc., and if you play with files less than the stellar quality the QP deserves, you might get upset about the limit.
However, what FiiO can do, Questyle should be able to do in the future.  Anyone obsessed with the 5,800 limit preventing them from buying this rig, is missing out on some very pleasurable listening.  IMHO!
Now, start throwing shoes.

Dec 22, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #3,012 of 4,272
Like I said, it's apparently not an issue for me. All my music is transferred to each individual card by an artist folder, then all albums are added to that artist folder. My first micro SD card (TF Card 1)contains artist A-L, second card contains artist M-Z. When I add artist to it that aren't already created, I make sure they are put on the appropriate card. At this time I don't use the memory on the player itself since I have plenty of memory with both cards.

I am finding no issue with this what's so ever!

I don't do any update media at all. What ever I just added will show up in browse files.

Dec 22, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #3,013 of 4,272
Like I said, it's apparently not an issue for me. All my music is transferred to each individual card by an artist folder, then all albums are added to that artist folder. My first micro SD card (TF Card 1)contains artist A-L, second card contains artist M-Z. When I add artist to it that aren't already created, I make sure they are put on the appropriate card. At this time I don't use the memory on the player itself since I have plenty of memory with both cards.

I am finding no issue with this what's so ever!

I don't do any update media at all. What ever I just added will show up in browse files.

+1. This same process works for me...flawlessly. 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back