Questyle QP Master New Upcoming DAP.
Aug 5, 2022 at 9:07 PM Post #211 of 267
I specifically said that some people don't want an Android DAP and cited security as one of a few reasons why that may be. I wasn't the first person who gave a "rude" response, and my first message (before you trolled along) came to the point of "it's not worth arguing this here and it's off topic". You didn't take it off topic. I brought that up before-hand.

Again, security 101, you can't identify the risk without an individual threat model. Your previous risk assessment was about someone attacking the DAP as well and ignores that an exploit in a DAP can be used to exploit other devices by using it as a way to get on onto your (or someone else's) network. Every situation has a different threat model. Go read a book.

I've only read your first sentence, which I quoted. I'm not reading further of this from you. Please get over it and move on.
LOL. I'm sure you only read the 1st sentence. :rolling_eyes: Don't you love the interwebs?:ksc75smile: Everyone knows about exploits, It's a given and understood. "I can't recommend general protection without knowing the specific threat" is one of the silliest things I've ever heard for consumer general use device protection. By the way, I hate McAfee.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2022 at 7:41 AM Post #214 of 267
Hey everyone,

As you might have seen in some other threads, I've been out for the count recently... was hospitalized for a while and am still slowly coming back online. Sorry for the delay here.

Yes, there is an update firmware indeed (version 1.05). If you're experiencing any of the following issues, please download the updated firmware here.

Issues we have attempted to fix in this firmware update:
  • Intermittent noise or audio quality issues
  • Left and right stereo channels switch
  • QPM erasing settings if powered off with headphones plugged in
  • Playlists sometimes deleting themselves
We worked on this firmware update very swiftly, as you can tell, so please let us know if any of these above issues are not fixed. We are still working hard on this.

Regarding some of the other issues:

1. If you're having trouble connecting your QPM to a computer for use as DAC, please try using a cable marketed as OTG. There are many such USB OTG cables available on the market, both USB-C to USB-C, as well as USB-C to USB-A. This should solve the issue.

2. Device not charging in DAC mode. In fact, this was a part of the design. We specifically made sure the QPM would not charge in DAC mode, as to not suck energy from devices such as smartphones. This means in DAC mode, the battery will slowly be depleted, even if off a laptop. However, this was intentional to ensure it won't accidentally suck too much power for charging from some smartphones. Sorry about this inconvenience, it's unfortunately not solvable through a firmware upgrade.

3. Overheating 4.4mm in high BIAS mode. This is in fact an intentional part of the firmware design. High BIAS mode does increase the current flowing through the device, and as such it sometimes overheats. If you receive this overheating message, it is indeed because the unit is overheating. The unit, when in high BIAS mode, needs to be kept cool in order to maintain sound quality and functional operation.

Regarding the other issues "group by album artist" function and "inverting back/forward" function, our software team is still looking into these. There isn't a set date for this yet, so please be patient with us.

We are trying to fix these issues as fast as we can, and on the go. Please let us know your thoughts and feedback as we work through this together.

Thank you as always for supporting our company. We are small, but we really are trying to make ground breaking products for all of our customers and beyond ❤️

Questyle Audio Engineering Stay updated on Questyle Audio Engineering at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/questyleaudioeng @Questyle_Technology https://www.questyle.com info@questyle.com
Sep 22, 2022 at 9:09 AM Post #215 of 267
@Questyle great to hear you are recovering. Also great to see Questyle ramping up support and starting to push out updates again.

I have done the update and have not experienced any problems so far. The only glitch I encountered was I had to adjust the name of the update file to ensure the QPM would recognize it and initiate the update procedure.

Sep 30, 2022 at 3:16 AM Post #218 of 267
Everyone, our dear @brams let me know that if anybody is having an issue updating the QPM's firmware, you can try the following:

Take the original file "DAP003GL(1.1.5).upt" and delete the "(1.1.5)" which will leave the file named as "DAP003GL.upt" — and then there should be no issue with updating the firmware.

If anybody has any other issues or comments, please do let me know ❤️

Questyle Audio Engineering Stay updated on Questyle Audio Engineering at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/questyleaudioeng @Questyle_Technology https://www.questyle.com info@questyle.com
Oct 13, 2022 at 5:56 AM Post #220 of 267
I would love to test a QPM here in Germany... But nowhere to find.
Indeed, the QPM is unfortunately sold out across the world, your best bet would be to find a second-hand one. Not sure who in Germany or nearby is selling one though... sorry about that.

Feb 14, 2023 at 7:56 PM Post #224 of 267
Hey everyone,

As you might have seen in some other threads, I've been out for the count recently... was hospitalized for a while and am still slowly coming back online. Sorry for the delay here.

Yes, there is an update firmware indeed (version 1.05). If you're experiencing any of the following issues, please download the updated firmware here.

Issues we have attempted to fix in this firmware update:
  • Intermittent noise or audio quality issues
  • Left and right stereo channels switch
  • QPM erasing settings if powered off with headphones plugged in
  • Playlists sometimes deleting themselves
We worked on this firmware update very swiftly, as you can tell, so please let us know if any of these above issues are not fixed. We are still working hard on this.

Regarding some of the other issues:

1. If you're having trouble connecting your QPM to a computer for use as DAC, please try using a cable marketed as OTG. There are many such USB OTG cables available on the market, both USB-C to USB-C, as well as USB-C to USB-A. This should solve the issue.

2. Device not charging in DAC mode. In fact, this was a part of the design. We specifically made sure the QPM would not charge in DAC mode, as to not suck energy from devices such as smartphones. This means in DAC mode, the battery will slowly be depleted, even if off a laptop. However, this was intentional to ensure it won't accidentally suck too much power for charging from some smartphones. Sorry about this inconvenience, it's unfortunately not solvable through a firmware upgrade.

3. Overheating 4.4mm in high BIAS mode. This is in fact an intentional part of the firmware design. High BIAS mode does increase the current flowing through the device, and as such it sometimes overheats. If you receive this overheating message, it is indeed because the unit is overheating. The unit, when in high BIAS mode, needs to be kept cool in order to maintain sound quality and functional operation.

Regarding the other issues "group by album artist" function and "inverting back/forward" function, our software team is still looking into these. There isn't a set date for this yet, so please be patient with us.

We are trying to fix these issues as fast as we can, and on the go. Please let us know your thoughts and feedback as we work through this together.

Thank you as always for supporting our company. We are small, but we really are trying to make ground breaking products for all of our customers and beyond ❤️
I currently own the Lotoo Paw Gold Touch and Sony NW-WM1Z. I do not want to go Android, so I am considering Questyle QPM. It's good to see you back. I enjoy having a variety of DAP sound signatures and flavors.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2023 at 4:07 AM Post #225 of 267
I currently own the Lotoo Paw Gold Touch and Sony NW-WM1Z. I do not want to go Android, so I am considering Questyle QPM. It's good to see you back. I enjoy having a variety of DAP sound signatures and flavors.
I have an original Paw Gold and use it or my QPM depending on mood. What sound are you looking for? The QPM is pretty neutral with nice punch but not as aggressive as the Paw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back