Questyle QP Master New Upcoming DAP.
Aug 1, 2022 at 10:41 AM Post #181 of 267
Hey fellow QPM owners, how is the device functioning? I have heard Questyle has improved their services. Is the device worth buying? Or should I plan on to buy another dap? I have been told that this dap sounds outstanding but still has major qc issues.

Aug 1, 2022 at 1:07 PM Post #182 of 267
Mine still performs great and I have never had any QA issues. The main issue has been lack of support (ongoing software feature updates) and lack of service for those who have had a problem.

Questyle says they are trying hard to improve their service, but that remains to be seen.

As a basic player it's fantastic and sounds wonderful: very open and detailed while retaining a slight bit of warmth. Bass is very extended, but not overly warm so some headphones might lack a bit of slam. The UI is very basic though and there is no streaming or Bluetooth. It works quite well as a dac/dongle for laptops and cellphones though, but I think there are better sized devices (eg. Luxury & Precision w2 131 or ifi Audio Go Bar) if that's the intended use.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2022 at 1:29 PM Post #183 of 267
Mine still performs great and I have never had any QA issues. The main issue has been lack of support (ongoing software feature updates) and lack of service for those who have had a problem.

Questyle says they are trying hard to improve their service, but that remains to be seen.

As a basic player it's fantastic and sounds wonderful: very open and detailed while retaining a slight bit of warmth. Bass is very extended, but not overly warm so some headphones might lack a bit of slam. The UI is very basic though and there is no streaming or Bluetooth. It works quite well as a dac/dongle for laptops and cellphones though, but I think there are better sized devices (eg. Luxury & Precision w2 131 or ifi Audio Gi Bar) if that's the intended use.

Hope that helps!
Thanks for the response. It's true that the dac/dongles are extremely portable and are gaining a lot of popularity but I am yet to find a dac which is as musical as a dap can be. But I am sure the day is not very far off.

Aug 1, 2022 at 1:29 PM Post #184 of 267
Hey fellow QPM owners, how is the device functioning? I have heard Questyle has improved their services. Is the device worth buying? Or should I plan on to buy another dap? I have been told that this dap sounds outstanding but still has major qc issues.
I agree with @brams it’s a basic player that sounds fantastic. If Questyle actually improved their service it would be a big plus.

I use mine with a iphone to stream all the time

Aug 1, 2022 at 3:04 PM Post #185 of 267

Honestly, this thing is just disappointing. There are massive intermittent audio quality issues that are common amongst QPm users. These cause surprisingly loud continuous noise while listening. On top of this, the QPm is still really picky about USB-C cables and mine didn't ship with one - meaning that I can't use it as a DAC on most of my devices. The only cable that seems to work properly is a USB-A to USB-C cable, but most my devices don't have USB-A.

I contacted support nearly a year ago about a number of issues that shouldn't exist at this price point and they even responded saying that they'd forward to the team and look into the issues. However, they haven't even updated the firmware once since then. In fact, the last time they updated the firmware for this device was June 2020. They've apparently done everything they can to show that they don't care about this product.

This is a $2,000 DAP that I was really excited about, but - with the massive quality issues and lack of reasonable support from the team creating it - I've landed on buying a $200 Hidizs AP80 PRO-X and it has been unfortunately much more convenient with better sound quality. The base sound quality of the QPm could have been better than a less expensive device like the AP80, but the noise and distortion issues on the QPm seem like a manufacturing problem or an issue with software that will never get fixed - meaning that we may never see the QPm reach it's full potential.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2022 at 4:06 PM Post #186 of 267
I agree with @brams it’s a basic player that sounds fantastic. If Questyle actually improved their service it would be a big plus.

I use mine with a iphone to stream all the time
They've changed the North American importer. Bluebird Music has a long history of great service.

Aug 1, 2022 at 6:11 PM Post #188 of 267
To specifically answer the OP's question, the bottom line is this: while many have had no issues with performance and connectivity, many have. Bluebird is indeed a responsive importer, but ultimately they are at the mercy of Questyle for both service and software support. Despite Questyle's stated commitment to improving service I will only believe they have turned the corner when I start seeing software updates, better responsiveness to requests/questions, etc.

The player sounds great if its working correctly and all that's required is a high performance, basic player. However, with so many other good players on the market with much better functionality and support why take a chance on the QPM? For example the Fiio M17 (which I also own) has superior functionality, performance that does not appear to be compromised by its wireless options, much better support and despite sounding different also sounds very good. Even Sony's latest purist offerings include wireless options. I honestly think the performance impact from enhanced functionality is significantly overstated and is practically non-existant in the latest designs.

If you are still committed to trying the Questyle sound and think their service will improve I would at least enquire to see if they have plans to release a new player with better functionality before dropping big bucks on a dated (but still excellent sounding) unit.

Aug 1, 2022 at 8:27 PM Post #189 of 267
For example the Fiio M17 (which I also own) has superior functionality, performance that does not appear to be compromised by its wireless options, much better support and despite sounding different also sounds very good.
Do you know of any comparable options that aren't Android? Android is a deal killer for a lot of us, which is what lead us to the Fiio M17. The only other option I'm aware of is the Sony, but they're allegedly moving to Android as well and moving away from the proprietary charger (which may lead to difficulty replacing).

If you are still committed to trying the Questyle sound and think their service will improve I would at least enquire to see if they have plans to release a new player with better functionality before dropping big bucks on a dated (but still excellent sounding) unit.
It definitely does sound great... when it works :D Sadly, that doesn't seem to be a frequent occurrence here any more.

Aug 1, 2022 at 10:16 PM Post #191 of 267
Do you know of any comparable options that aren't Android?
I too have the same opinion when it comes to a dap. The best budget dap which I came across was Lotoo Paw 6000. TBH, Lotoo OS is the best an OS can get. So fast, so smooth, you will be amazed at how it performs. For the 1.5 yrs I had it, I never had any complaints whatsoever. No lag, no crashes. Sadly, had to part ways with it. With no better option in the market in 2000-2500 usd range, I bought an A&K SP2000t. This device has a minimal Android set up, so very less distraction there. And A&K do make very polished daps.

Aug 2, 2022 at 5:42 PM Post #193 of 267
Why is Android a deal killer?
Many reasons including security, usability, battery life, and pure engineering concerns. The Android vs non-Android debate has been had in many places (even earlier in this thread) and is probably not a valuable use of time, suffice to say that there are many of us who are not buying an Android DAP.

I saw that Questyle is working on a new dap. Questyle is very active in the M15 thread

Yikes. Would have been nice to see them support their current "premium" series product before they move on to greener pastures.

Aug 2, 2022 at 6:05 PM Post #194 of 267
Many reasons including security, usability, battery life, and pure engineering concerns. The Android vs non-Android debate has been had in many places (even earlier in this thread) and is probably not a valuable use of time, suffice to say that there are many of us who are not buying an Android DAP.
Got it. Was not aware that this was an issue and would not have even crossed my mind that it would be. I thought the concern was a pereceived lack of ultimate performance due to Android background services. I plug in, listen and if it sounds great I simply don't worry about it.

As far as support for older devices are concerned, as the owner of a few Questyle devices including some that were never formally launched I agree with you 100%. In Questyle's defence I think in trying to claw their way back from almost complete obliteration they have had to make some hard choices on where to focus their energies and probably feel that getting a more current device released is more of a priority than updating software to support what is essentially a dead end product.

Only time will tell if they have made the right decision or if support for legacy products will resume once new products have been launched.

Aug 2, 2022 at 6:11 PM Post #195 of 267
In Questyle's defence I think in trying to claw their way back from almost complete obliteration they have had to make some hard choices on where to focus their energies and probably feel that getting a more current device released is more of a priority than updating software to support what is essentially a dead end product.
That all makes good sense, but the idea of QPM being a dead-end product when they charged $2000 for it and never even provided a reasonable level of support or actively even provided firmware updates shows a severe lack of ownership in their products tbh. If they're not going to support the product then they've had the chance to be honest about it, but they've conveyed a different message to me over email that they still haven't delivered on. The situation is starting to sound to me like they may have hardware issues & don't want to admit it because people will want recalls / refunds for a bad product, because I don't understand why a company would behave like this in any other situation. Even worse, if that's the situation, then it shows a terrible lack of transparency and a strong example of dishonesty for them to continue with the charade. People can (and likely do) still buy the QPm, Questyle still provides marketing material for it, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back