Questyle CMA600i first impressions thread
May 13, 2018 at 11:03 AM Post #362 of 553
Could anyone please tell me why there's PCM mode indicator light when playing DSD?

What a headache! trying to edit the dsd asio settings to make it play pure dsd, it then sends me to that awful questyle software which accepts up to 24 bit output, no other options...

Nvm, fixed everything.

Last edited:
May 13, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #363 of 553
Yes, just the RCA inputs for now. Haven't tried, but plan to try the balanced inputs. I am concerned of splitting the DAC's output too many ways to my different amps.

The CMA600i does not have balanced inputs so you will not be able to use the balanced inputs from the DAC to your Questyle without a conversion. What would be really nice is if the DirectStream DAC had a digital output. Note from the DAC manual that it is not recommended to use the balanced outputs and the single ended outputs at the same time. There has been a lot of discussion about this on the PS Audio forum from Ted Smith who says it's okay to do so but the concern is around a grounding issue if I follow correctly. I use both outputs on mine with no negative effects that I can discern.

May 14, 2018 at 3:08 AM Post #364 of 553
The CMA600i does not have balanced inputs. Note I don't own the amp! This is just from my pre-buy research. The UK distributor replied above that they are looking into the A/D-D/A question; hopefully we will get a definitive answer soon.

Thanks for waiting, I met with Questyle in Munich last week. There is no A-D / D-A conversion in the CMA600i external input signal path, just straight analogue. There appears to have been a misunderstanding by the reviewer, who confused another Questyle product, which allows wireless signal transmission, where A-D is of course therefore required for any analogue input.

Hope the clears it up. You can use this input from another DAC if you so wish, without fear of any extra conversion.

May 14, 2018 at 10:43 PM Post #365 of 553
Thanks for waiting, I met with Questyle in Munich last week. There is no A-D / D-A conversion in the CMA600i external input signal path, just straight analogue. There appears to have been a misunderstanding by the reviewer, who confused another Questyle product, which allows wireless signal transmission, where A-D is of course therefore required for any analogue input.

Hope the clears it up. You can use this input from another DAC if you so wish, without fear of any extra conversion.

Well that makes much more sense to me than having the extra conversion as a middleman.

I asked this before, but does anyone know what the output impedance is with the 600i on the SE and balanced outputs? Just curious how others experience has been with sensitive IEM's, and if it would benefit from using something like the iFi Audio iEMatch.

May 15, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #367 of 553
On the SVC site, there is a download available of a Hifi News review. It states that the output impedance is 0.83 - 0.98 ohm.

Thanks.

May 25, 2018 at 6:17 AM Post #370 of 553
Hello.

I'm French and I waiting since January to have my cma600i .

Questyle have stopped their productions ( I think due to the famous default) at the begining of 2018 and rework until April

I have just received my dacamp , SN: 685

This one work perfectly without any default ( at the moment ) .

I love it and combined with my Dharma D1000 is very good.

Dharma + cma 600i
by Gipss on Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

I just wait October to upgrade my conf. And buy an Utopia .

Last edited:
May 25, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #371 of 553
Hello.

I'm French and I waiting since January to have my cma600i .

Questyle have stopped their productions ( I think due to the famous default) at the begining of 2018 and rework until April

I have just received my dacamp , SN: 685

This one work perfectly without any default ( at the moment ) .

I love it and combined with my Dharma D1000 is very good.

Dharma + cma 600i
by Gipss on Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

I just wait October to upgrade my conf. And buy an Utopia .

If you haven't tried balanced cables with your CMA600I, you should. The improvement in soundstage and imaging is significant with my Focal Clears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back