Questyle CMA600i first impressions thread
Mar 9, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #286 of 553
Anyone try using DSD over PCM (DoP) as a way to ward off the DSD popping issue?

Mar 17, 2018 at 9:56 AM Post #288 of 553

Hear that 'hit' everytime I change a song? That's a $1300 Questyle CMA600i in my stereo system as a DAC. Problem don't exists when I use CMA400i or Mojo.

You should think twice before buying this gear, it is usless with stereo.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #290 of 553
I had similar issue when using usb as source. I returned and ordered from a different seller who had newer models. Check for the serial numver and see the last 3 digits. Anything under 500 i hear has the popping issue.

Mar 17, 2018 at 12:33 PM Post #291 of 553
I didn’t buy it for specificlly that issue...bought something else instead. Shame, beautiful unit.

Still looking at the 400i but the customer support, or lack thereof, gives me pause.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2018 at 6:12 PM Post #293 of 553
Take it back to your countries supplier and they will either apply a fix to it or exchange it for a newer model. The revised models don't have this issue.

Mar 24, 2018 at 4:04 PM Post #294 of 553
I picked up a brand new 600i from a local supplier recently, and found that there's slight channel imbalance at low volume.

At zero volume on the pot, the balance is equal (but there is also some sound leakage). At the first tick on the volume pot there is an increase of a few decibels on the right channel.

At approx the third tick the balance does correct itself. Anybody else got this?

Update : After testing another unit ordered from a different retailer (still sent from Scv), date 2018, there is a slight imbalance on the right side at a low volume, but corrects itself when listening at a comfortable level.

Also instaling the drivers from Questyles website, the date section of the app is blank - is it supposed to display the date? I was hoping to see if I received a recent revision.

Impressions : It has a lovely warm sound to it, which others have said (hence why I picked it up), whilst retaining detail. It also seems to do something with the soundstage to give my Hd800S (newest revision) a huge space to work with. I'm comparing this against a Musical Fidelity m1 dac/amp which in comparison has a smaller soundstage. good detail but the highs are a little sibilant. The 600i rolls off the highs a little and in effect is a pleasing result.

On their website they say they tested this with 10 headphones when designing it. I guess they looked at the unnatural quirks of each headphone and found a middle ground to iron them out, lowering some frequencies where needed.

Anyway, definitely worth a Demo if you're listening to hd800(s)

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2018 at 4:12 AM Post #295 of 553
Take it back to your countries supplier and they will either apply a fix to it or exchange it for a newer model. The revised models don't have this issue.

They don't know how to fix it. They say they don't have any replies from Questyle and I belive them because Questyle don't replays to my emails either.

I can't get a refund or replace to a new model because Im a second owner, so my case applies only for Questyle warranty, which comes to an end. What a shame.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #299 of 553
Poland, not the easiest place to fight for your customer rights :)
i'm sorry to hear this...

We have a unit in (New) that supposedly has no popping issues. Under full disclosure our demo unit has the popping issue between tracks and its annoying.

Your unit was newer then 400? hmmmm. I don't know what to say in that regard. We had customers with the popping issue and they had their units replaced and to my knowledge have not have problems since. I wish you could get more help!

(i'm listening to it right now with the Utopia. Listening to the band Alt J which I never heard before but I am digging some of the tracks!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back