Questyle CMA600i first impressions thread
Apr 13, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #168 of 553
I had a brief listen to the cma400i in London a couple of weeks ago and it sq was very good especially the treble which was defined but smooth I could easily tell the difference compared to the qp1 r ,but very little difference to the cma800i I will be placing an order when it's released in the UK my listening was done with my heir audio 10 universal

Apr 16, 2017 at 4:41 AM Post #169 of 553
Netforce Hi

Th usb click makes me reluctant to use my 600i until the fix arrives - as I am in Australia, will you be doing a global register of affected users so we can liaise re getting a fix ? 

Next can someone comment on the quality of anti jitter the unit has ? Is its handling of usb signal sufficiently good that there is no real advantage is using a reclocker or a streamer like SOTM 200 ?

thanks

May 3, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #170 of 553
I just did a YouTube video of the 600i Recently. Here is the link-

I felt it was time to shed light on a product I use every time I A/B headphones.... I covered the majority of what I wanted but missed some things looking back on it. These are a work in progress for me for sure ha

May 7, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #171 of 553
Hey guys and gals, good news is that Bruce is back from the factory and did confirm we have a solution for the pops and details will follow within the next week.

Netforce Hi

Th usb click makes me reluctant to use my 600i until the fix arrives - as I am in Australia, will you be doing a global register of affected users so we can liaise re getting a fix ?

Hey there, your local distributor should have the information to solve the USB issue as well.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
May 7, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #172 of 553
For what it´s worth: I´m listening to a CMA600i right now implemented via USB on my desk and, for my part, can confirm that I do not hear any clicks via USB whatsoever. Just smooth audio-goodness... :smile_phones:

May 9, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #173 of 553
Just to report that SCV distribution (Questyle distributor) installed the latest IC flash chip and programmed the updated firmware for my CMA600i. They are top people to deal with, so I would recommend that any UK based CMA600i owner get in touch with them about the update.

Unfortunately, because of some unexpected developments I may put my (updated and still under warranty) CMA600i for sale fairly soon. Gutted ... as otherwise it's a terrific DAC/HP amp.

May 16, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #175 of 553
cma600i vs oppo ha-1 vs burson conductor 2+ ?

Been asking this question for month now...everywhere...
I had a Brief conversation with Zeus from ZReviews about this who had both the HA-1 and the CMA600i on his review-desk at one point and he ultimately opted in favor of the CMA600i. However he wasn´t very specific on reasoning...

May 24, 2017 at 3:17 PM Post #177 of 553
Soldering is needed, I'm afraid. If you are OK with SMD soldering you can do it yourself ... but if your unit is still under warranty I would suggest to get in touch with nearest distributor as that's certainly best route to take. Trouble is that new IC flash chip needs to be soldered and re-programmed. I've tested my CMA600i after the update and it's rock stable. It's a superb DAC/amp!

Jun 5, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #178 of 553
I am seriously considering one of these. Is anyone that's had the fix from the distributor able to confirm the issue is solved?

Jun 19, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #180 of 553
I bought one... Trying to track down a clear top now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back