Questyle CMA600i first impressions thread
Oct 23, 2018 at 6:12 PM Post #437 of 553
Could anyone please tell me why there's PCM mode indicator light when playing DSD?

What a headache! trying to edit the dsd asio settings to make it play pure dsd, it then sends me to that awful questyle software which accepts up to 24 bit output, no other options...

Nvm, fixed everything.
Hi, I'm having the same issue which you seem to have solved. I seem to be playing DSD files from HQPlayer and JRiver but only the PCM LED indicator lights up, not the DSD indicator. Do you know why or if there's a setting change I'm missing? Many thanks,
Jeff

Oct 29, 2018 at 5:25 AM Post #438 of 553
Hello
I'd like to know if there is a way to change / to set the filter of the DAC ? The AK4490 has 5 filter profiles, but nowhere the user manual explains how to set them...

Oct 29, 2018 at 5:54 AM Post #439 of 553
Hello
I'd like to know if there is a way to change / to set the filter of the DAC ? The AK4490 has 5 filter profiles, but nowhere the user manual explains how to set them...
Hi, there is no filter selection button on the 600i DAC, you can however connect an external DAC.

Oct 29, 2018 at 7:12 AM Post #440 of 553
So do you know which filter is set by default on the AK4490 DAC of the CMA600i ?

Oct 29, 2018 at 10:35 AM Post #441 of 553
So do you know which filter is set by default on the AK4490 DAC of the CMA600i ?
As far as I know Questyle tweaked the chip to their own liking as much as possible. I am not sure if they used any of the custom filter modes. Someone more knowledgeable than me might know the answer. Or you can email Questyle and hope to get a reply.

Nov 5, 2018 at 2:36 AM Post #442 of 553
Hello
Got my Cma600i saturday.
I didn't have much time for testing, but I heard some clicks between tracks (file resolution change), but also during playback :frowning2:
I must do some more testing, but I thought this issue was solved on recent units ?
I also red on this thread about "firmware update", but I don't see any any firmware to download for cma600i on Questyle internet site ?

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2018 at 3:08 AM Post #443 of 553
Hello
Got my Cma600i saturday.
I didn't have much time for testing, but I heard some clicks between tracks (file resolution change), but also during playback :frowning2:
I must do some more testing, but I thought this issue was solved on recent units ?
I also red on this thread about "firmware update", but I don't see any any firmware to download for cma600i on Questyle internet site ?

Is it a recent model (did you buy it new?). With the latest firmware on a newer model you should not be hearing clicks between tracks unless you are switching between DSD and PCM, which is an issue that can effect many DACs. Even so this should only be a very slight click. If you are PC based check the guidance on setting up the system sample rates as this can also cause clicks if they conflict with the media player settings you are using.

Nov 5, 2018 at 3:22 AM Post #444 of 553
Hello
Got my Cma600i saturday.

Congrats!
The dealer send me a new cma600i (serail 700+) the old one was serial -500. The clicks are gone in the new questyle.
So please check you last 3 numbers all from 600+ Are factory updated and have no clicks.

There’s no firmware update for the cma600i only some drivers for pc.

Nov 5, 2018 at 3:24 AM Post #445 of 553
Congrats!
The dealer send me a new cma600i (serail 700+) the old one was serial -500. The clicks are gone in the new questyle.
So please check you last 3 numbers all from 600+ Are factory updated and have no clicks.

There’s no firmware update for the cma600i only some drivers for pc.

The firmware update has to be done by your local representative.

Nov 5, 2018 at 3:25 AM Post #446 of 553
Hello
Got my Cma600i saturday.
Clicks and pops on DACs can happen for various reasons. As far as I know the clicks affected units under the serial number xxx450/xxxx500 and these clicks were only audible when you stopped playing music. One second after you pressed stop you heard a pop sound. (Search YouTube to hear it.) So I think your click is something else and your 600i is good.

Nov 5, 2018 at 3:25 AM Post #447 of 553
Thank you for your quick answers, I will check the serial number after work and let you know...
I have experienced the clicks during track with my xdp30r as source. This evening I will do more testing with xdp300r (still waiting for the dongle to use my WM1Z) and laptop.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2018 at 9:12 AM Post #448 of 553
Quick test during lunch time...

Serial number ends in xxxx683, so it should be the new firmware (bought it new last week).

But this time, I could not get any sound, neither from DAP nor from laptop (latest driver from Questyle installed), the latter indicating "USB device not recognised"...?

What can it be ? The cable ?
How can I force the Questyle's DAC to communicate with the source ?

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #449 of 553
Quick test during lunch time...

Serial number ends in xxxx683, so it should be the new firmware (bought it new last week).

But this time, I could not get any sound, neither from DAP nor from laptop (latest driver from Questyle installed), the latter indicating "USB device not recognised"...?

What can it be ? The cable ?
How can I force the Questyle's DAC to communicate with the source ?

Hello, since its not recognizing the driver, I would say the driver did not fully install. In this case do a full power shutdown on your source and the Questyle. As long as there is no error sign on the USB drivers (device manager) it should be fine. You may want to try a different usb cable or another usb port.

Nov 5, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #450 of 553
When I came home this evening, I made another trial. Just by turning on the Questyle and the Xdp30r... everything was fine :)
Same with xdp300r (but didn't work on each restart) and my Android phone.
I even had the surprise to notice that the equalizer was still active (even the parametric equalizer of USB Audio Player Pro on the Xdp300r) :)
I still don't understand exactly what is working, but the key seems to be restarting the DAP with the cma600i connected...
EDIT : doesn't work all the time... Still a part of mystery...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back