Questyle CMA Fifteen — Official Thread
Aug 30, 2022 at 9:21 AM Post #121 of 363
Lovely setup.. Beats the Shanling EM7 and Naim Atom Headphone Edition in flexibility and sound. The console is an Amazon Fire HD 10 Plus on its "Made for Amazon" Anker wireless charging stand. Just add Google Play, UAPP, Qobuz and/or Tidal and you have a great home AIO type setup... I currently have it filled with 1tb worth of personal music files plus the streaming services.

(Note: Fire HD 8 Plus and 10 Plus are the only ones supporting QI charging)

20220830_151626.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2022 at 12:13 PM Post #122 of 363
Today's update, well, an unexpected one, even for my self that experience it.

Apparentely CMA15 has good synergy for Hifiman Susvara (yes, from headphone out). Full body, sweet, and clear sounding pairing. With my test songs I never above 1 o'clock in volume pot, I can imagine for low volume dsd mastering perhaps I need to crank till 2-3 o'clock. CMA15 still has everything under controll though, through bassy, fast and dynamic songs, to vocal jazz, and live music concert.

When I tried to use Burson Grand Tourer and use CMA15 as DAC only, somehow it sound drier, thinner and less lively. Burson does throw larger soundstage though, but a bit thin in overall tonality.

Sep 1, 2022 at 6:58 PM Post #123 of 363
Honestly the CMA15 has had great synergy with everything I've thrown at it. That amp circuit is something else.

Sep 7, 2022 at 7:36 PM Post #124 of 363
Will CMA Fifteen benefit from adding LPSU to the chain?

Sep 9, 2022 at 8:07 PM Post #126 of 363
How to add lpsu to the chain?
The CMA Fifteen is directly connected to the mains.
i see, so their psu is internal
good news then, simple to set up. Seems to be a good product to buy for my working desk.

Sep 10, 2022 at 2:35 AM Post #127 of 363
A little modification here and there 😂.. What say you?

Attachments

• 20220910_083202.jpg
    20220910_083202.jpg
    889.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220910_083237.jpg
    20220910_083237.jpg
    518.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220910_083245.jpg
    20220910_083245.jpg
    514.5 KB · Views: 0
Sep 15, 2022 at 5:53 AM Post #128 of 363
Hello everyone,

Zach here from Questyle.

My deepest, deepest apologies for the absence here. In the beginning of August I got in an accident and was hospitalized for a couple weeks. I still haven’t fully recovered, but I’m well enough to get back on the job digitally. While I was out, there wasn't anyone in the office with English at the proper level to take care of these threads. I’m truly sorry to go radio silent on you all, and I’m hoping you’ll understand. I’ll do my best to make up for any situation that’s happened while I’ve been out.

Please bear with me as I work through these messages. I'll make sure that nobody and no issue is left unanswered.

Thank you as always for being a loyal Questyle fan ❤️

(Footnote: because of this accident I was unable to listen to *good* music for a couple weeks... so in a weird "silver lining" kind of way, I learned just how magical music can be especially when you've been deprived of it for a long time. I've fallen in love yet again. Long Live Music!)

Questyle Audio Engineering Stay updated on Questyle Audio Engineering at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/questyleaudioeng @Questyle_Technology https://www.questyle.com info@questyle.com
Sep 15, 2022 at 6:14 AM Post #129 of 363
Hello everyone,

Zach here from Questyle.

My deepest, deepest apologies for the absence here. In the beginning of August I got in an accident and was hospitalized for a couple weeks. I still haven’t fully recovered, but I’m well enough to get back on the job digitally. While I was out, there wasn't anyone in the office with English at the proper level to take care of these threads. I’m truly sorry to go radio silent on you all, and I’m hoping you’ll understand. I’ll do my best to make up for any situation that’s happened while I’ve been out.

Please bear with me as I work through these messages. I'll make sure that nobody and no issue is left unanswered.

Thank you as always for being a loyal Questyle fan ❤️

(Footnote: because of this accident I was unable to listen to *good* music for a couple weeks... so in a weird "silver lining" kind of way, I learned just how magical music can be especially when you've been deprived of it for a long time. I've fallen in love yet again. Long Live Music!)

Welcome back Zach, take good care of yourself, easy does it. I am sure that everyone respects this.

Sep 21, 2022 at 7:39 AM Post #131 of 363
@WDitters Oooh those new shoes look nice!

@drummerdimitri As I mentioned in a previous post, as this device uses current-mode amplification instead of voltage-mode, oftentimes the power output measurements don't give a clear picture of what is capable of. So, the better response to your question is: we've tested the CMA Fifteen with some LCD-4z's and there's no issue at all 😄 they work very well together. 😄

And thanks everyone for the well wishes, I'm feeling better day by day!

Questyle Audio Engineering Stay updated on Questyle Audio Engineering at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/questyleaudioeng @Questyle_Technology https://www.questyle.com info@questyle.com
Sep 21, 2022 at 2:57 PM Post #133 of 363
Wondering how the CMA 15 compares with another all-in-one like the Ferrum OOR (with/without Hypsos). Will be driving DCA Stealth.
More musical and full bodied than the strictly neutral and leaner OOR.
A touch warmer and more harmoniously intense.

Sep 21, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #134 of 363
And to elaborate a little more, I have reviewed the CMA 15 and the OOR with Hypsos (unfortunately the review is not yet available online) and I would choose the CMA as I found the timbre more natural and realistic.
The OOR is great, with gobs of transparency and a reference neutral tuning but the CMA is more enjoyable and sentimentality connecting.
At least as far as I am concerned.

Sep 21, 2022 at 4:43 PM Post #135 of 363
And to elaborate a little more, I have reviewed the CMA 15 and the OOR with Hypsos (unfortunately the review is not yet available online) and I would choose the CMA as I found the timbre more natural and realistic.
The OOR is great, with gobs of transparency and a reference neutral tuning but the CMA is more enjoyable and sentimentality connecting.
At least as far as I am concerned.
I run Hqplayer into the CMA USB and it's at TT2/Mscaler level. The punchiness and spaciousness are the standouts. The USB input is solid and easily handles 705/786k rates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back