Questyle CMA Fifteen — International Review Tour
Jan 20, 2022 at 11:36 AM Post #61 of 93
Only weakness was the potentiometer being of poor quality - otherwise it was a stellar device. Thankfully, the pot was swappable. Aside from this I do miss the 400i. I also miss Acrylic top options for Questyle, those should be brought back! I'd buy one in a heartbeat for my Twelve.
Agree on the pot...

Jan 21, 2022 at 7:15 AM Post #62 of 93
@szore @Voxata Yes, the pot has been an issue in the past, but we have upgraded the pot for the CMA Fifteen and robustly tested it to make sure it works better.

Also @Voxata we still do have the acrylic covers available! Let me know if you'd like one, we can get one to you.

Questyle Audio Engineering Stay updated on Questyle Audio Engineering at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/questyleaudioeng @Questyle_Technology https://www.questyle.com info@questyle.com
Jan 21, 2022 at 10:11 AM Post #63 of 93
@szore @Voxata Yes, the pot has been an issue in the past, but we have upgraded the pot for the CMA Fifteen and robustly tested it to make sure it works better.

Also @Voxata we still do have the acrylic covers available! Let me know if you'd like one, we can get one to you.
Absolutely, the 600i and above all have fantastic pots. I'm even very pleased at how quiet and reliable the Twelve's pot has been. As your company designs a successor to the 400i it was mentioned as something to keep in mind. I absolutely would love a cover for my Twelve!

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2022 at 11:37 AM Post #65 of 93
Its very easy to find/hear the differences

MASTER 12......more fuller sounding in the lows.....for Utopia 👍👍
CMA FIFTEEN....has the larger soundstage/(seperation)/more airy sounding/thinner in the lows.....for Stealth 👍👍

NOMAX

PS.lol

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #66 of 93
Its very easy to find/hear the differences

MASTER 12......more fuller sounding in the lows.....for Utopia 👍👍
CMA FIFTEEN....has the larger soundstage/(seperation)/more airy sounding/thinner in the lows.....for Stealth 👍👍

NOMAX

PS.lol
Thanks ... I saw in your signature that you had both so I was hoping you would reply!

So, I assume the CMA 15 would be a better match with the Solitaire P then. I'm still trying to address that upper midrange dip in the P and the Master 12's performance in the lows simply makes that dip more obvious. However, I can't easily give up the Master 12 since it sounds great on just about everything and I actually make use of the 5Ghz receiver when I use with the super hub.

Decisions, decisions ...

Feb 5, 2022 at 11:10 AM Post #67 of 93
CMA Fifteen is not much larger in volume than the CMA-400i, which is great when you have limited desk-space.

IMG_8649.jpg

Feb 5, 2022 at 5:35 PM Post #68 of 93

I would definitely love an acrylic cover for my Twelve Master. I had mailed Questyle a few times on this topic (in their old slightly less communicative days 😇🤣) but to no avail... I therefore simply thought there were none... In Questyle's defence so did my dealer so I never bothered to dig deeper or persist 😎

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2022 at 6:06 AM Post #69 of 93
I would definitely love an acrylic cover for my Twelve Master. I had mailed Questyle a few times on this topic (in their old slightly less communicative days 😇🤣) but to no avail... I therefore simply thought there were none... In Questyle's defence so did my dealer so I never bothered to dig deeper or persist 😎
@WDitters @Voxata Yes, we do have acrylic covers still available. I'm still working it out with the team to see the cheapest/optimal way to ship them to you and also process the payment in the easiest way. I'll circle back with more details soon.

Questyle Audio Engineering Stay updated on Questyle Audio Engineering at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/questyleaudioeng @Questyle_Technology https://www.questyle.com info@questyle.com
Feb 9, 2022 at 12:01 PM Post #70 of 93
@WDitters @Voxata Yes, we do have acrylic covers still available. I'm still working it out with the team to see the cheapest/optimal way to ship them to you and also process the payment in the easiest way. I'll circle back with more details soon.

Looking forward to it. Thanks again for following up on this!

Feb 13, 2022 at 2:50 PM Post #71 of 93
Hey Questyle!
A friend of mine, a professional reviewer for a highly reputable online publication has sent you several emails requesting a sample of your CMS Fifteen for a full review.
Even if you don't care to have a professional review your product, out of curtesy you could answer one of his emails with whatever reason you want. It would take no more than a minute out of your time. Instead you are choosing the silent treatment. By the way the reviewer is using your CMA400i as his go to DAC/amp combo on a daily basis.
You should take a page out of Denafrips/Vinshine Audio's first class marketing communications playbook and run with it! .....Thank me later!

Feb 14, 2022 at 7:25 AM Post #72 of 93
Hey Questyle!
A friend of mine, a professional reviewer for a highly reputable online publication has sent you several emails requesting a sample of your CMS Fifteen for a full review.
Even if you don't care to have a professional review your product, out of curtesy you could answer one of his emails with whatever reason you want. It would take no more than a minute out of your time. Instead you are choosing the silent treatment. By the way the reviewer is using your CMA400i as his go to DAC/amp combo on a daily basis.
You should take a page out of Denafrips/Vinshine Audio's first class marketing communications playbook and run with it! .....Thank me later!
@Ted Paputsidis Let me PM you so we can see what's happening here. We have a couple employees dedicated to answering emails when they come in now, including myself, but you're absolutely right — the silent treatment is not ok. Let me see what's going on here.

Feb 24, 2022 at 8:46 AM Post #73 of 93
CMA.15.Initial.Shot.png

...the eagle has landed! Eager to try it out the upcoming days.

Feb 25, 2022 at 5:36 AM Post #74 of 93
after having used the HE6SE v2 yesterday some hours with the CMA Fifteen:
yes, you can drive these headphones on the CMA Fifteen very well (not even 12 o'clock), even the nominal output power might not indicate this (also my CMA 400i could do this already to a very convincing degree) - Questyle's impressive amplification circuit shines again!

Today I tried another favourite of mine (especially like it on the CMA 400i) - the Denon AH-D9200
CMA.15.plus.Rest.png

Some A/B impressions of this session with the marvellous 400i and also X26pro/GS-X mini combo:
  • less bass bloom on the CMA15, thus more nuanced and snappy bass presentation
  • ... as consequence the CMA15 is perceived as having wider soundstage with better separation
  • vocals might be a minor step back on CMA15 in comparison to 400i (that one really separates and pushes vocals forward like no other)
So far I am very impressed with the CMA Fifteen - very well done Questyle!

Feb 25, 2022 at 7:55 AM Post #75 of 93
after having used the HE6SE v2 yesterday some hours with the CMA Fifteen:
yes, you can drive these headphones on the CMA Fifteen very well (not even 12 o'clock), even the nominal output power might not indicate this (also my CMA 400i could do this already to a very convincing degree) - Questyle's impressive amplification circuit shines again!

Today I tried another favourite of mine (especially like it on the CMA 400i) - the Denon AH-D9200

Some A/B impressions of this session with the marvellous 400i and also X26pro/GS-X mini combo:
  • less bass bloom on the CMA15, thus more nuanced and snappy bass presentation
  • ... as consequence the CMA15 is perceived as having wider soundstage with better separation
  • vocals might be a minor step back on CMA15 in comparison to 400i (that one really separates and pushes vocals forward like no other)
So far I am very impressed with the CMA Fifteen - very well done Questyle!
Excellent impressions and having compared the CMA Fifteen with the CMA-400i myself, I find a lot of parallel with your findings. The bass response is the biggest difference with the CMA Fifteen being far more nimble and expressive without being thin or lacking body.

I found that with the high bias mode on, CMA Fifteen's vocals became smoother and more engaging on high impedance cans. Maybe something you can try to check out.

IMG_8649.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back