Questionnaire About Earphone Types(Note: that this questionnaire is not limited to earphones of FiiO brand)

Which earphone types do you like the most? Please take a vote by choosing one of them.

• Dynamic Driver earphones

Votes: 63 37.1%
  • Balanced Armature earphones

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Dynamic Driver and Balanced Armature Hybrid earphones

Votes: 94 55.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 4, 2021 at 8:09 AM Post #17 of 32
I have heard and own great examples of all three types given as choices above, including the fd5 and the Blessing 2.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2021 at 12:46 PM Post #18 of 32
I dont think it is easy to find a IEM better than fd5 in 300 $ price. May be have a try on moondrop blessing2
I have previously owned Blessing 2. It has a kind of upper mind peak.

Apr 5, 2021 at 2:41 AM Post #19 of 32
I have previously owned Blessing 2. It has a kind of upper mind peak.
And very unnaturally thin tonality. I heard his unit. Not to mention extremely uncomfortable.

Apr 5, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #21 of 32
Tested many. Listening to the Campfire Andromeda 2020 with a super litz ALO audio 2.5mm balanced cable to the m11 pro. Much better than the stock 3.5mm TRS. The synergy is all there. I don’t think I can do significantly better without changing my DAP or going custom IEM

Just beautiful sound, detail and separation. Playing Yiruma “river flows in you” orchestral version on tidal and its phenomenal. So BA gets my vote. Too many variables.

Apr 5, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #22 of 32
And very unnaturally thin tonality. I heard his unit. Not to mention extremely uncomfortable.
And in another example of how subjective this hobby is, I disagree with both. Or maybe I just don't know what good is, although i would think comfort is even more subjective than sq.

Apr 5, 2021 at 1:46 PM Post #23 of 32
And in another example of how subjective this hobby is, I disagree with both. Or maybe I just don't know what good is, although i would think comfort is even more subjective than sq.
Our ear shapes are different, how we hear is different...everything is subjective about this hobby! If you find Blessing 2 comfortable (I know some who does), and the sound signature to your liking, that's great! Enjoy!

Apr 5, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #24 of 32
I voted BA+DD! FH3 is my perfect companion even though I just bought it less then a week ago.

My ears can't stand V-shaped IEM because of the sibilance on high and sometimes lean back vocal. Are there any FH3 similar type of IEM you guys can recommend?

Apr 6, 2021 at 1:46 AM Post #25 of 32
Vote for dynamic drivers. Unique Melody terminator 3dts.

Apr 6, 2021 at 2:03 AM Post #26 of 32
Apr 6, 2021 at 3:01 PM Post #27 of 32
I would prefer a good DD over hybrids.
I love hybrid setups, almost all of my IEMs are hybrids but they tend to carry some unnatural characteristics, you know? that BA timbre, even the best BA drivers has that. its not terrible but a good Dynamic driver would completely avoid these issues by its nature.
its a shame I dont have the necessary budget for higher models like fd5 or fh5-7. I really would love to evaluate their characteristics.

Apr 8, 2021 at 11:31 PM Post #30 of 32
I’ve never really cared about driver type and configuration as they rarely end up making a final determination on how the headphone will technically sound. I’ve seen single DD driver setups sound as good as multi-BA setups which can be rivaled by single BA setups; even hybrid designs joining the mix... My go to right now is a planar magnetic though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back