Questionnaire About Earphone Types(Note: that this questionnaire is not limited to earphones of FiiO brand)

Which earphone types do you like the most? Please take a vote by choosing one of them.

• Dynamic Driver earphones

Votes: 63 37.1%
  • Balanced Armature earphones

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Dynamic Driver and Balanced Armature Hybrid earphones

Votes: 94 55.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 21, 2021 at 6:57 PM Post #31 of 32
I have used 2 of those categories....hybrid: FH3, FH7.... Dynamic Drivers : FD5....

While the hybrids & specially the BA based ones improve much on detail retrieval, they lack texture and layering in terms of timbre and also the soundstage doesn't have anough width & depth like the Dynamic driver ones.

I have been using the Dynamic driver based FD5 longer than both hybrids put together. It's just more pleasant sounding and the staging is much preferred and also I fell it has better timbre. But that is only through the narrow nozzle by the way. I'm not entirely sure what provoked @FiiO to keep both nozzles when in most people & reviewers including myself are inclined towards the narrow nozzle only.

One other thing I think others (specially DUNU) does better... In terms of cable quality. All OF @FiiO flagships sound better with upgrade cables and in most cases those are from other brands. I think this is also a scope of improvement from FIIO.

Above is my personal opinion based on my experiences with FIIO IEMS & Flagship till date.

Apr 23, 2021 at 7:55 AM Post #32 of 32
For me the FH7 is a total flop, the FH5 marginally better. The FH3 was only average but the FD5 is a star. Particularly it’s bass. Only let down is the peak at around 6khz which I find fatiguing after a good listen. Im hoping the FH5s addresses this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back