Question for the ladies!
Sep 30, 2008 at 6:11 PM Post #46 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by LostMoogle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My girlfriend isn't necessarily a headphone hater i suppose. I think she is more of a anything I do hater. I played with a rubiks cube for a few days, now she hates them. I bought a PDA, now she hates them. Played Rock Band with a friend for a few hours and we offered her to sing and even play but now she thinks the game is stupid. Got a pair of MS-1s. She thinks they look dumb and never wants to hear me talk about headphones again.

So conclusion, I guess its the way we present things to girls. Perhaps I should act like a girl for a week and then perhaps she's grow a set... not literally.

just start hating everything she likes (or you could always tell her that it bothers her) either way she should get it.

Sep 30, 2008 at 8:01 PM Post #47 of 124
Hey LostMoogle,

just an advice.

i notice u r heading for a big disaster.

here's my experience with women.

NEVER take advice of a fellow woman to deal with your Woman.

They both never know what they want and it ll only do reverse damage.

So careful my friend.

What u listen to is your manly instincts....deal with it like a man...like a real man.

Sep 30, 2008 at 8:09 PM Post #48 of 124
before i go on, i'd just like to say that i'm a guy (my name in english on these forums would suggest otherwise).

back on topic, ime, most girls aren't interested in speakers/headphones for the same reason why they aren't as interested as men in computers and technology in general. one can't point to any one reason for this, it's most likely a product of both genetically dimorphic traits as well as culture/society and how they shape men and women.

Sep 30, 2008 at 8:14 PM Post #49 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by hear_the_sound /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, i am a 17 yr old GIRL...
weird huh?? you'd think i'd be some super nerdy type but nope, im actually girly, have boyfriends, vice president, play sports, etc!
my friends would probably drop dead if they knew i was on here
tongue.gif
no offense of course-just the other day i was talking to one of my friends about iems and her eyes glazed over. hahaha
but, well, i am a musician (7 yrs violin) and i just appreciate music and i know my ipod headbuds aren't cutting it!

Btw, for guys,
I met one guy the other day with pretty high end headphones and I find that attractive : ) even though he looked like a dork with them on. I tried on his headphones and we had a nice chat about closed and open headphones and how Bose is over-rated. haha!

Hmm... lives in Los Angeles, into hi-fi, female...

Call me when you turn 18!
icon10.gif

Sep 30, 2008 at 8:32 PM Post #50 of 124
^ I thought you went through your 4th divorce just now? Also, I thought your kids just went to college?
wink.gif

Just remember to see her with custom cables wrapped around your chest and a pair of K1000s - you should be fine.

Sep 30, 2008 at 8:43 PM Post #51 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ I thought you went through your 4th divorce just now? Also, I thought your kids just went to college?
wink.gif

Just remember to see her with custom cables wrapped around your chest and a pair of K1000s - you should be fine.

Me? Must be someone else... I was engaged, but never married. My daughter is smart as hell, but she ain't gettin' into college at eight years old.

Sep 30, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #53 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ I jest, I jest
wink.gif

Oh... gotcha.

Sep 30, 2008 at 9:44 PM Post #54 of 124
44 year old wife, mom, music lover, gadget nut. Yeah, most of the women I know don't seem to be interested enough to spend the time learning about technology. They learn what they need to learn to do the things they want to do, but are not generally driven by techno-curiosity.

I would imagine, however, that anyone who loves music, boy or girl, will spend a small amount of time researching and putting together a good-enough system, and then let it go and focus on the music itself.

By the way, despite my love of gadgets (mostly PDA's and other portables) I will play with software hacks, but no DIY hardware projects for me.

Sep 30, 2008 at 11:00 PM Post #55 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by dcpoor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
gabrielino hs?
o.o

Haha, no, I'm at Temple City High School..Gab is super close though! Class of 09
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 1, 2008 at 2:47 AM Post #57 of 124
As a general rule they have two big impediments:

Shoes and purses...!!!!...

Every single time my wife get out with me (not sure if with "the other(s)" is like that as well) come home with a purse and a matching pair of shoes!!!! OMG....
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 1, 2008 at 4:51 AM Post #58 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by hear_the_sound /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, i am a 17 yr old GIRL...
weird huh?? you'd think i'd be some super nerdy type but nope, im actually girly, [size=large]have boyfriends[/size], vice president, play sports, etc!
my friends would probably drop dead if they knew i was on here
tongue.gif
no offense of course-just the other day i was talking to one of my friends about iems and her eyes glazed over. hahaha
but, well, i am a musician (7 yrs violin) and i just appreciate music and i know my ipod headbuds aren't cutting it!

Btw, for guys,
I met one guy the other day with pretty high end headphones and I find that attractive : ) even though he looked like a dork with them on. I tried on his headphones and we had a nice chat about closed and open headphones and how Bose is over-rated. haha!

Hmm, weird how only one thing she wrote stood out for me...................
wink.gif
hmmmmm weird *cough plural cough*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back