Question about Triple.Fi 10
Dec 23, 2010 at 1:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

NisusNine

New Head-Fier
I listen to a lot of R&B followed by Hip-hop and Rock.  Someone told me they're more for Rock genre.  Could someone clarify please.
Edited: [size=medium]Another question is it possible to switch the Triple.Fi 10 non-mic cable with the Triple.Fi 10vi mic cable?[/size]

Dec 23, 2010 at 2:59 AM Post #2 of 21

Quote:
I listen to a lot of R&B followed by Hip-hop and Rock.  Someone told me they're more for Rock genre.  Could someone clarify please.

The sound of the TF 10 changes with different tips and insertion depth. The better the seal you have the better the bass response and impact you will have. Now I don't listen to Hip-Hop but I do listen to R&B, Dub Step, Progressive Trance, Electro, and Trip-Hop. The Sony Hybrid tips and the Monster Cables Super Tips ( Foam ) provide a nice deep bass without muddying the rest of the frequency spectrum. I just tried the Sennheiser IE 8 with the Monster Cables Super Tips (Foam) on the weekend and with the bass knob turned halfway they were rocking as hard as my Audio Technica DJ cans. But for Rock the TF 10 really shine, especially with bands that have a large soundstage in their presentation such as Vampire Weekend, Phoenix, XX, Bloc Party, The Killers and Pink Floyd just to name a few.

Dec 23, 2010 at 3:20 AM Post #4 of 21
Yes, you can buy the replacement vi cable and use it on your TF10.

But really, the first thing you should do is to replace the UE cable with something like the one from westone... made a world of difference in fit/comfort imo.

Dec 23, 2010 at 12:42 PM Post #5 of 21

Quote:

But really, the first thing you should do is to replace the UE cable with something like the one from westone... made a world of difference in fit/comfort imo.

Yeah, totally agree with that. I just replace my damaged stock cable with the Null Audio Lune Cable ($114 US) and it took the performance up to another level, also much more comfortable. They sound so good now to me that I cancelled my order for the Shure SE 535. With the exception of the midrange, the performance of the SE 535 is pale in comparison imo.

Dec 24, 2010 at 5:03 AM Post #6 of 21
Yes, I agree with you, cable upgrade totally bring performance up to another level. Mids are more forward now using the Enyo Cable, which was a problem for me using the stock cable...  too recessed for my taste.

Dec 24, 2010 at 5:10 AM Post #7 of 21
Is it difficult to change the original cable from TF10 ?

I'm afraid to unplug it and break it.

I just have to pull it ? No tools needed ?

EDIT : and actually I see the Lune Cable at 152$...Does it really worth the price ? Sound really upgrade ?

Dec 24, 2010 at 10:00 AM Post #9 of 21

No not at all. no tools needed

Dont just pull it, you need to wiggle it out, might require some force because its designed to stay tight in there.

As for the upgrade cable, i havent heard much in terms of better sound quality but in terms of cable quality/durability it is better than the stock cable.

Quote:

EDIT : and actually I see the Lune Cable at 152$...Does it really worth the price ? Sound really upgrade ?

Dec 24, 2010 at 10:11 AM Post #10 of 21
Speaking of cables, Logitech sent me a new right angle plug cable for my TF10.  Seems they may moving back to the original after all the issues with durability?

Dec 24, 2010 at 1:22 PM Post #11 of 21

Quote:

Yeah, $152 is actually Singapore $$. You have to change it to US $ on the website. One warning for you though, the product itself is very good, but I wish I can say the same thing with their communication and actual shipment time.

Dec 24, 2010 at 1:25 PM Post #12 of 21
Lune cable is excellent on the TF10s. It does bring out the mids,but not significantly, it is still a tad recessed. However, the treble and bass detail is amazing with the lune cable It is very noticable after about a week's burn in.

Dec 24, 2010 at 1:41 PM Post #13 of 21

Quote:

can you link me to this westone cable you mention?  westones site is difficult to navigate. a retailers site would be fine as well.

thanks

Dec 24, 2010 at 3:58 PM Post #14 of 21

Quote:
Quote:

can you link me to this westone cable you mention?  westones site is difficult to navigate. a retailers site would be fine as well.

thanks

http://www.westone.com/catalog/elite-series-monitor-replacement-cables

Buy it from here, it's cheaper http://www.earphonesolutions.com/westone-replacement-cables.html

Use coupon code sb8 to get 8% off (basically free shipping).

Dec 24, 2010 at 4:15 PM Post #15 of 21
thanks alot for those links.

much better price than that lune cable i'd likely never buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back