Question about PA2v2.
Sep 28, 2009 at 11:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

X3FBrian

New Head-Fier
I purchased a PA2V2 off a member here. However, with everything plugged in and the unit turned off I can still hear music. It's not very loud but it is def. there. Is this normal? I'm having a hard time adjusting the dials inside the amp to actually here beneficial sound. It def. gets louder but that introduces distortion to my headphones. I must be doing something wrong for it to sound pretty identical to my integrated audio on my desktop. Thanks guys.

Sep 29, 2009 at 1:30 AM Post #2 of 7
That happened with my old PA2V2 as well. I think the signal just passes through, nothing to worry about.

The dials inside are for changing the gain (you probably already knew that). I wouldn't change those a lot. Once you find the gain setting that suits your headphones, I would say don't go back and move them around.

Apr 9, 2010 at 12:34 AM Post #5 of 7
I have found that as well. I have had a couple of other portable amps do the same thing. nothing to worry about though.
When I set my gain controls up on the PA2V2 it pretty much eradicated the issue.

The dials mentiond are those gain controls, one for left, one for right channel, they are two blue screws near the battery, they have one side flat to help equalise the channels correctly!

Apr 9, 2010 at 12:34 AM Post #6 of 7
The two gain "dials" inside the case. ... Beat by seconds by ianmedium!
wink.gif

Jul 8, 2010 at 1:08 AM Post #7 of 7
Gary said in an email replying to me asking that same question about the ghost sound.

" It is normal for the PA2V2 to pass through some of the input signal when it is not turned on. This happens because of the amp's design. The opamp is setup in a classic inverting configuration and with this setup some of the electronic parts are connected directly between the input jack and the output jack. When the amp is turned off the electricity (audio signal) will pass through those parts. When the amp is turned on the electricity passes through the opamp."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back