Question about my just purchased HD25-1 IIs
Jan 2, 2011 at 8:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Madpierrot

Head-Fier
Just picked these up a few days ago and slowly burning them in. The sound these cans make is fantastic. I have a question about the headband though: are both the left and right driver able to rotate independently from each other and the headband? I ask because it looks like the left side rotates fine while the right side doesn't. I'd have to apply quite a bit of strength to try to force it to move, but I'd rather not do that. I've also loosed the screws at the joints to see if that would help but it didn't seem to make a difference. To illustrate, here's a picture with the left side rotated and the right side stiff as a board:

Jan 4, 2011 at 12:46 PM Post #3 of 6

I actually unscrewed the cups completely and it looks like the right side can't move at all by design. Does yours move? Could someone confirm this?

Also, I plan to switch to the velour pads (I'll have to order them as my box didn't come with any extras). Is there a procedure to how I should remove the old pads. Should I just yank, poke and prod or is there a trick?
Quote:
Yes they should be able to, my pair are the same way one side is easier to move, Don't worry about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back